SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Forget his so called attitude, he puts the graft in for Wigan at least that shows he cares. He could easily coast there an move on when they go down but he didnt he dug in, performed and almost single handedly saved them

this is a good point i think

Couldn't agree more. He appears to have an ego and wants to play for a better/bigger club. Not much of a surprise there.

If he didn't (and was at a club other than Villa) we'd probably all be slagging him for not having any ambition??

He's a quality player and quality players win you games...which win you things i.e cups.

He is a good player, but will he be on the wing for us?

I have a sneaky feeling that when Ashley goes, DJ will go left, Albrighton right, and that N'zogbia will play in the hole, filling in wide when needed.

He's a quality player and quality players win you games...which win you things i.e cups.

He is a good player, but will he be on the wing for us?

I have a sneaky feeling that when Ashley goes, DJ will go left, Albrighton right, and that N'zogbia will play in the hole, filling in wide when needed.

Atleast we know he can play there - comfortably. I'm sure to hell he's played their quite a bit for Wigan and done very well?

I'm sure Fergie will be after him seeing as he's better than Ash (apparently) and half the price

I think most on here think that Ash has the potential to be world class BUT recognise that he hasn't shown that type of form for us for 18 months. Arguably, when playing in a better side, i.e. England, he has looked better and Fergie may take the view that Ashley Young in a Utd side with competition from Nani, Valencia and Rooney would be reinvigorated and step up to the mark again. If he can recapture that form of two years ago or so he will have got himself a bargain for £15 million. If he can't then I'd take the Zog over him.

and when has N'zogbia looked world class ?

Not sure where you have picked up any suggestion that NZogbia is world class from??

his attitude is questionable to say the least.

I think many would disagree if you read the thread. The guy has an ego and wants to better himself BUT he is a footballer and that is a fairly consistent theme with them. He has certainly put in a mighty shift for Wigan this season and I haven't heard too many negatives about his attitude??

I'm sure Fergie will be after him seeing as he's better than Ash (apparently) and half the price

I think most on here think that Ash has the potential to be world class BUT recognise that he hasn't shown that type of form for us for 18 months. Arguably, when playing in a better side, i.e. England, he has looked better and Fergie may take the view that Ashley Young in a Utd side with competition from Nani, Valencia and Rooney would be reinvigorated and step up to the mark again. If he can recapture that form of two years ago or so he will have got himself a bargain for £15 million. If he can't then I'd take the Zog over him.

Me too.

You can not question this guys attitude. Why do people do such a thing?

He has run his bloody guts off this season in order to keep Wigan in the PL. If he wanted to move, surely Wigan being relegated would have had a positive effect on him leaving, so it wasn't exactly in his best interest to fight for the cause really.

I'd argue that Ashley Young this season has been better than Charles N'Zogbia this season. N'Zogbia is a good player with some potential, but he's not the finished article in my opinion.

Young has better players around him.

N'Zogbia has to work a lot harder in order to get the credits.

Young is not the finished article either

I'd argue that Ashley Young this season has been better than Charles N'Zogbia this season. N'Zogbia is a good player with some potential, but he's not the finished article in my opinion.

Young is the hardest working player in our side.

Young is the hardest working player in our side.

I never said he wasn't.

I said N'Zogbia has to work harder to get the credits based on him having poorer players around him. He doesn't take pens and with a better striker around him he would get more assists, i'm sure.

Your sentence highlighted could apply to Young as well really

I'd say Whelans strong approach to keeping Zoggy during the January window has turned out to be a masterstoke... he has almost kept them up single footedly.

Yep. Nearly worked with Blackpool and Adam but hopefully for us, them going down means he is easier to get hold of

I'd have to disagree, athlough you never really know a player untill you see him play every week.