SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

See I think there's some mass assuming going on here, this idea that AY prefers the role in the centre, even though there's no actual evidence for it.

You even commented on the heat things from the Blackburn game...Ashley was meant to play on the left wing, but the heat showed he didn't play that much touching the left wing, he drifted more to the centre.

I doubt he was asked to play like that.

All our wingers do the same in the current system.

See I think there's some mass assuming going on here, this idea that AY prefers the role in the centre, even though there's no actual evidence for it.

You even commented on the heat maps from the Blackburn game...Ashley was meant to play on the left wing, but the heat showed he didn't play that much touching the left wing, he drifted more to the centre.

I doubt he was asked to play like that.

Scroll down to the heat maps

Pretty sure I read an article on OS where Young said he preferred the middle.

Chris have a look at the heat maps on the link I posted to when Downing and Albrighton played together and see the difference when Ashley and Downing played together.

Nice work and very good read. Where do you get your heat stats and average position charts from?

Certainly some differences in players movement when two wingers actually play as wingers.

No point - we don't need him and his attitude is worse than questionable.

Ash Young, good attitude, does **** all at the moment.

N'Zogbia, bad attitude, behind anything attacking Wigan do.

I know what I would prefer from a player and anyway the "bad attitude" thing came from Kinnear who in an interview couldn't even get the lads name right!

Given AY's preference to play in the middle which does not entirely convince me if he went it opens up options in the middle. In theory, and I stress theory, that is Ireland's role. Alternatively we shift Ireland on and get a different face in.

See I think there's some mass assuming going on here, this idea that AY prefers the role in the centre, even though there's no actual evidence for it. That in itself could be a managerial decision, I'm not sure AY has said anything to confirm his preference nor has anyone else. iirc he started playing it when we were again trying to shoehorn three wide players into midfield and much as we did with Milner last season, the fittest and most capable moved inside, When we've only had two wide options Ash has been moved back.

The other thing that people also seemed to have assumed is that Ireland is a central midfielder, again (and I may be wrong) iirc he had most of his best games at Citeh whilst playing a more freer but wider role than just playing centrally, he was always a bit of an oddity tactics wise but his successes came from him cutting in out wide not through the middle

Ashley has said many times he prefers to play in the centre. I'll try and find some evidence!

I'm sure pretty quickly after Young started getting success out wide he was asked about it and said he preferred and considered himself a striker but was happy to play wide.

I think Young's move to the centre is partly a managerial decision (Houllier is on record saying he wants him to be his Owen...) and partly him using his own influence to move into a position he prefers.

As for N'Zogbia, doubt we'll be buying unless the wage thing has changed. Or unless Young is out the door.

**** where Ash prefers to play, he's best on the wing and should stay there, imo.

I bet Friedel prefers playing centre forward.

(I'm aware that's probably not true, but I'm making a point)

To be honest, I'd take the money for Young and buy n'Zogbia

I'd put it this day

At their best

Young is a 9 out of 10 player

N'Zogbia is an 8 out of 10 player

However

Young has that one game every 10

N'Zogbia has that game 6 in 10

Think he would be the better, and younger player long term !

Ash likes to be centre of attention. Because of that he likes playing "in the hole".

If he goes he will also love moving to a big club (for the first few months... until the crowds on his back for fluffing chances and crosses and gets demoted to the bench)

Ash is not good enough to play through the middle, Ireland is a better player in that position. We shouldn't cater to his diva-esque needs and play him where he is best for US.

N'Zogbia would be a good player to play on each wing and give us more options.

I did not realise two were available. Perhaps we can negotiate a discount if we buy both. :shock: