SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Exciting? Well I see it as a downgrade from....

Zzzzzz

x2

I like Nzogbia I think he is a decent player. In terms of a replacement for one of Young or Downing he is probably as good as we could reasonably expect to get in this league.

HOWEVER, I do not think there is any doubt that he is not as good as either Young or Downing and in that respect a downgrade.

If he was as good as either of them then surely he'd be playing for manure or plop now and one of them would still be at Villa ?

Zzzzzz

Sorry :( Perhaps I should should have said something like "It's a great signing everyone will be jealous of such a superstar. We could finish 4th this year!!!. Woops my finger slipped I meant 5th."?

Still at least you managed to refrain from putting up a hillarious picture.

Can you say all of this tonight please? I've been struggling to sleep in this heat, you will definitely help!

Tee hee! What a wit you are.

Zzzzzz

Sorry :( Perhaps I should should have said something like "It's a great signing everyone will be jealous of such a superstar. We could finish 4th this year!!!. Woops my finger slipped I meant 5th."?

Still at least you managed to refrain from putting up a hillarious picture.

Can you say all of this tonight please? I've been struggling to sleep in this heat, you will definitely help!

Tee hee! What a wit you are.

:D:flag:

Zzzzzz

x2

I like Nzogbia I think he is a decent player. In terms of a replacement for one of Young or Downing he is probably as good as we could reasonably expect to get in this league.

HOWEVER, I do not think there is any doubt that he is not as good as either Young or Downing and in that respect a downgrade.

If he was as good as either of them then surely he'd be playing for manure or plop now and one of them would still be at Villa ?

I doubt. I rate him higher than Downing and whilst not on a par with Young circa 2008, certainly with Young circa 2011. But we'll see how he gets on won't we?

And I certainly dont use who the likes of Liverpool or Man Utd don't buy as a barometer of who is a good player. They certainly make mistakes.

We bought Young when they might have done for instance. It's a poor argument. Flawed.

For what it's worth, most of the Liverpool fans I know are not happy we got N'Zogbia when they got Downing and for a much larger outlay.

Liverpool's signings have been fairly poor IMO. Henderson, £20million. Say it slowly to yourself. Henderson twenty million pounds!!

N'Zogbia is a good, solid signing, but we need at least two more. Winger, for rotation and Defensive Midfielder/Energetic midfielder.

Funny. I thought NZ was nailed on for Everton, or was it Sunderland, and there was no way he was coming to Villa.

Anyhow, glad he's here. He'll be a decent, occasionally great, and no doubt frustratingly inconsistent player. Not a million miles away from Ashley Young last season.

Zzzzzz

x2

This is your opinion, certainly not fact. People should wait until he's played a season in a Villa shirt before comparing him to Young or Downing. IMO of course.

I'm delighted we have sign N'Zog and I think he will be excellent but does anyone get the impression that the club and especially the OS are hyping it up like we have signed a world class superstar?

I'm delighted we have sign N'Zog and I think he will be excellent but does anyone get the impression that the club and especially the OS are hyping it up like we have signed a world class superstar?

I agree it seems the OS think he is gonna be the saviour of our season. The Zog can be quality, I like him, but I dont think he will not have the impact of a top class signing.

Yes I also agree, the commentary yesterday also made out like we signed Ronaldo or something, cringeworthy.

Also i'm sure Jack was told yesterday every now and then to say " let's get behind the manager" because he said that like 10 times yesterday..

N'Zogbia is quality but hardly a marquee signing or anything (imo of course)

Just reading an interview with Eck and it says the Zog might not be ready for the Fulham game as he could be called up for France next week.

As a club we could step in and say no we need him here as we thin on numbers etc.. though McLeish will let him go anyway.

Just reading an interview with Eck and it says the Zog might not be ready for the Fulham game as he could be called up for France next week.

As a club we could step in and say no we need him here as we thin on numbers etc.. though McLeish will let him go anyway.

You'd hope under the circumstances and given that he's not had much of a pre-season that the FFA would see a bit of sense but then again this is France we're talking about and they may well start burning sheep if he's not allowed to go.

One of the reasons for Zog going to Villa (except more money) is that he thinks this will get more opportunities to play for France. The worst thing we could do is stop him.

How could we say that?

If you withhold a player from playing for their national side they are banned from their next club game.

One of the reasons for Zog going to Villa (except more money) is that he thinks this will get more opportunities to play for France. The worst thing we could do is stop him.

Totally agree. As an aside one of Villa's great selling points in prospective transfers should be the number of players who join us and find their international careers benefit as a result.

How could we say that?

If you withhold a player from playing for their national side they are banned from their next club game.

and France have form in this area

I don't think that is right to withdraw a player from international duty no matter how much do you need it. It's just not right first because you might upset the player and second because any future internationals will think twice before joining a club that will not allow them to play for their country.