SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

To me, the timing shows that the NZogbia deal WAS very much dependent on the Downing deal going through. Which begs the question that if Downing didnt go, who would have come in to replace Young, because i'm not convinced it would have been N'Zogbia.

I don't understand how you can jump to that conclusion. The Downing deal is not complete, yet we're still reported to have reached agreement.

Admittedly it's unlikely that the Downing deal will fall through, but, the two are not necessarily linked.

For what it's worth, i'm unsure about Albrighton, but he's good enough to deserve a chance, and old enough to take it. If we don't give him a go now we'll never know how good he could be. Before he was messed about last season I thought he looked at least as good as Downing had done in previous seasons.

*Puts negative hat on*

N'Zogbia really should have been Young's replacement, not Downing's. Timing of deals clearly demonstrates the reluctance of Randy to free up entirety of Young's transfer proceeds for incoming transfer dealings.

*Takes negative hat back off again*

Great player though.

Not often, butI totally disagree Shillzz

The timing tells me this is not the Downing money!!

So you'd say that the timing would indicate that the NZogbia deal was in place with the Young money and that it was being held up by Liverpool's reported interest (in CNZ), which wouldnt go away untill they signed Downing?

Plausible.

If we spend Young's money then i'll be happily proven wrong.

Yeah, for me its way too soon - to the point where the downing deal isnt done.

This is Villa dont forget :D

*Puts negative hat on*

N'Zogbia really should have been Young's replacement, not Downing's. Timing of deals clearly demonstrates the reluctance of Randy to free up entirety of Young's transfer proceeds for incoming transfer dealings.

Great player though.

So you agree by disagreeing, interesting.

Youve lost me POB??

Im saying I believe we are using the young money for Nzogbia

Sorry. For some reason, I read your comment as 'agree' instead of 'disagree' ...my mistake... :oops:

carry on. :winkold:

I hope you're both right... In fairness to Randy, he hasnt let us down before now when it comes to making funds available, but there's been a lot of negative vibes coming out of the club this summer.

I'd argue that if he was Young's replacement, then why wait untill now? Although admittedly the Given transfer is a good example of how long these things can take regardless of funds and outgoing transfers.

Either way, I dont think we're going to be getting 2 wingers in of Young & Downing's class, sadly.

I know what some people are saying - but.. does it really matter if we spend £36milion on players just to prove that it was available - dont froget some of that will be used for other things needed around the club - a new espresso machine for example, or a new set of corner flags because Carew broke them all...We dont need to spend alllll the money we got from the two players.

Im Confident Mcleish will bring in what he needs, and if we sign Given and CNZ - then a Centre Mid will do and i think we are set. Would love a new CB, but we have Dunne, Collins, Clark and Cuellar who im totally happy with - and it would seem Beye and Warnock are being given another chance, so that gives us them two, Young, Baker - Maybe need another full back but.. meh.

*Puts negative hat on*

Great player though.

So you agree by disagreeing, interesting.

Youve lost me POB??

Im saying I believe we are using the young money for Nzogbia

Sorry. For some reason, I read your comment as 'agree' instead of 'disagree' ...my mistake... :oops:

carry on. :winkold:

No worries bud, though

This is a sign that every debate we have had, Youve been talking turd :P

Only off tweets... so don't shoot the messenger...

But apparently CNZ didn't go to Sweden with the rest of his team mates last Monday as I'd heard..

He's been in France with his family. Deal done with Wigan.

On a plane back to B'ham apparently to sign for Villa!

Only off tweets... so don't shoot the messenger...

But apparently CNZ didn't go to Sweden with the rest of his team mates last Monday as I'd heard..

He's been in France with his family. Deal done with Wigan.

On a plane back to B'ham apparently to sign for Villa!

I hope so Julie, said on the BBC report earlier that he was out there so christ knows.

Either way, I dont think we're going to be getting 2 wingers in of Young & Downing's class, sadly.

I think the key will be to not try and replace them player for player. Nzogbia is a good start, but we dont need to rely heavily on wingers. If 36m is available and spent wisely, we could create an all round better team, where wer not relying on an ash, or a dj

I hope so Julie, said on the BBC report earlier that he was out there so christ knows.

Not sure he would care..

But I think Ian Taylor knows simple tweet of #N'Zogbia #avfc about half an hour ago as we posted.

SSN states that Downing has YET to pass his SECOND medical?

Why 2 medicals, seemed to have no issue with broken leg since Petrov broke it.

Still a chance they won't take him.

Keeping Downing, Albrighton and buying Zog wouldn't be a bad thing

Not sure he would care..

But I think Ian Taylor knows simple tweet of #N'Zogbia #avfc about half an hour ago as we posted.

Sir Ian wouldnt dick us about either, i think/hope this is as good as done ,well financially anyway.

The idea we can go through a whole season with JUST N'Zogbia and Albrighton as our only two wide players is a disturbing one.

That would be an absurd idea. But I suspect they would be the starters with someone else as back up ........maybe SWP or the dutch fella ?

For me, Albrighton deserves a chance to stake his claim.

The idea we can go through a whole season with JUST N'Zogbia and Albrighton as our only two wide players is a disturbing one.

Oh just shut up ffs, its not ideal nor practical but its possible and far from 'disturbing'.

SSN states that Downing has YET to pass his SECOND medical?

Why 2 medicals, seemed to have no issue with broken leg since Petrov broke it.

Still a chance they won't take him.

Keeping Downing, Albrighton and buying Zog wouldn't be a bad thing

They may be having trouble finding his spine.

whos suggesting that?

it sounded like you were.

Nope, just saying that we dont need to buy 2 wingers as good as Ash and Downing. We could buy Nzog (who i believe is as good as DJ), and a back up - maybe Jarvis or someone. Then strengthen in other areas so you dont just have 2 men you rely on, you have a whole team who can do damage. If we spent 36m on 2 fantastic wingers, wed still have a poor CM, that relied on booting it out to a winger whos man marked by 2 defenders.

And were lucky in that weve lost ash and downing in a transition period, in that what Mcliesh wants to do might (might) not have relied to heavily on them anyway. Lose them during O'neils reign and the team cant adapt in different ways so you would need to replace them player for player