David Beckham - Legend

Genie

I deliberately left a question mark off the end of the title.

You simply cannot compare him to England's other senior players for promoting the game and the country around the world. The likes of Ashley Cole, Gerrard, Lampard and Terry just seem to be interested with taking their massive wages and living their own life.

Soon to be Sir Beckham works tirelessly travelling the world initially to help get us the Olympic games and now again campaigning for the WC, where are England's other current players? He never ever shy's away from doing his part. Even during the last WC he could have easily watched it from his Hollywood mansion but put his private and family life to one side to travel around the world and support the squad/country.

A true legend of the game and somebody every Englishman should be proud to have campaigning on our behalf.

You guys really forget how spoilt you are sometimes...the bloke is a legend for the game. He came to Australia last week, played 90 mins injured, endless interviews and signing all manner of crap for everyone. Compare that to your man JT, and his cock smoking mate Ash Cole. rocket polishers.

Beckham constantly campaigning all over the world for the cause, meeting, greeting, making speeches etc. etc. this is our team captains contribution (taken from the BBC)

England captain Rio Ferdinand on Twitter: "Give us the World Cup please Mr Blatter, I'll sort u free tickets 2 games I swear down!!"

What a joke.

Despite being one of the most famous people in the world he seems to be very down to earth and sincere.

Genuinely seems to love to play football and as someone said he's been consistently one of the best English players for about ten years.

Definate Legendary status if we win or lose the 2018 bid. The things he has done, not just for football, but for sport generally in this country is second to none.

**** off Beckham you useless prick.

I'm off to make an effigy.

:crylaugh:

He was a good footballer in his day. However I don't like the making out that he was the only one who could take a free kick (if that makes sense). Brunt's free kick on Saturday was better than Beckham ever produced and there are plenty of players who could do it as consistantly. Fair play for all the stuff he has done though, I was just highlighting something that bugs me about the hype surrounding the free kicks.

Total legend, Total icon was my hero when i was younger and still is.

I think he's the last great english footballing role model we'll ever have in this country. No one in recent years has give a damn as much as that man!

Love the bloke, for as long as i live, his performance against greece ill never forget!

Â