• Downing
    • A Young
    • Bannan
    • Hogg
    • Agbonlahor
    • Ireland (for Bannan 72)
    • Delfouneso (for Warnock 90)
    • Pires (for Hogg 90)

They say winning when you are playing badly is the trick to success.

So losing when you play well is the trick to disaster.

We are ****. Absolutely ****. We are getting sucked into a relegation fight with young players who havent the experience to get us out of it.

Still, it was nice whilst the dream lasted. And a dream it only ever was.

Its getting predictable now. Neat and tidy short passes in midfield, but utterly toothless up front and prone to mistakes at the back. Gabby played well but besides him there was no goal threat from us at all. There is little point in dominating possession if you are going to do **** all with the ball.

Two wins in eleven for Houllier, Liverpool away next. Cant see this side getting anything other than a tonking up there.

This is bang on.

Toothless, and brittle.

Utter horseshit.

We all, except for Houllier, know that the defence is a joke. But there is also another big problem and his name is Ashley Young.

He's supposed to be our star player and yet he does jack shit every game this season. Downing forgot his balls in the locker room again.

Look at Hogg and learn you **** primadonna.

Young is completely waste playing in a free role behind the striker.

He's a n excellent winger, and it's where he always be played.

I like to be optimistic but with that defensive performance im not sure how its possible. we had such a good chance to win the CC this year too, hope sha get Arsenal in the semis and get royally ragged.

Gabby looked alright considering he was just back. Ireland looke dpositive when he came on. Can't decide on motm, nobody really deserved it tbh. Clark did alright I guess.

So depressed right now. Bring on Liverpool (lol).

someone to get in the box to take a chance....

That's the key for me. We're creating so much attacking threat but not converting it into goals. We absolutely owned that 2nd half but even so I can only remember Foster making one or may be two good saves.

Dunno if we're not getting in enough decent crosses? And I really rate Gabby. But for some reason, we just don't seem to be getting the goals that our possession and approach play deserve.

Started to go wrong when Bannan was taken off and replaced with Ireland. Bannan was a livewire, always looking to go forward and making himself available. He was linking up well with Ash and Gabby. Hogg and Clarke had the measure of Blues midfield and there looked to be only one winner. If anyone should have gone off it should have been Downing, and to be fair, he should have been replaced by Delfouneso and we could have had him and Gabby in a 4-4-2 with Bannan and Young out wide. Blues were there for the taking on about 70 minutes, but once we lost our attacking impetus, it was inevitable that our leaky defence would concede and manage to **** things up. Again. I've no idea what the hell is going on with our back 4, but something needs to be done, and quickly. We're relegation fodder at the minute.

Dunne needs to get out of the first XI he was terrible tonight. such a liability. He cost us the game not just with the penalty but poor marking, passing and awarness of opposition around him.

Yes, he was poor at times, I agree.

However, James Collins needs to take a long long hard look at himself.

What the hell is he doing allowing balls to bounce in the penalty area? That caused untold panic in the lead up to their first goal.

For their second goal, what the f**k is he marking? Nikola Zigic, that big lumber 10 foot tall fella, you know, the once you CAN'T **** MISS wanders in and Collins leaves Luke Young to deal with him.

come on guys this was nowhere enar our second side and we was the better side and they caught us with a lucky sucker punch. if our backfour wasnt so poor we would have won this one

We wouldve won by 1-1? We couldve played for another day and still wouldnt score!

Dunne and Collins play like they have a ball and chain attached to their ankles. Collins let the ball bounce, and it wasnt first time he did it, which cost us a penalty.

How many times do we get the ball out on the wing in a position to cross the ball to waiting players and nobody bothers to cross!!!

Gabby never got the service he deserves. Did well to score the goal.

Ireland played for about 5 mins and then went walkabouts. Why persistently bring him on and expect him to play any different?

Young's corners continue to be woeful.

Quite disappointed with how we responded after their second goal. Didn't look like any real urgency. :(

I thought that too - we didn't throw enough at it.

We dominated the second half though and were much the better side - in the end it was a mugging, but until we start scoring goals we'll struggle. I don't think the back four were as bad as seems to have been suggested - they weren't great either, but they weren't awful in my opinion.

I think we need a keeper and I think we really miss Albrighton.

A pitch invasion for a 5th round Carling Cup win? Have mercy! It says it all.

Shouldn't that be resevred for promotion, avoiding relegation last game of the season, winning a tense semi-final/final. But a CC quarter final? Bloody hell. At least pretend you've got some class...

Â