BOF

Nobby or Hendrie on Saturday  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Nobby or Hendrie on Saturday

• Stick with Solano
    • Throw Hendrie in
    • I say de la Cruz !!
    • someone else (specified below)

There are various arguments for and against both.

For 1 - The midfield has been seen as the weakest link in the team so far. Somewhat lazy and over-run. Hendrie, for all his shortcomings, is not one to be over-run easily. He might inject some much needed venom and passion to proceedings if he starts in front of his beloved Villa fans.

Secondly - We don't know how Nobby will play against Newcastle. Being up against his old team might spur him on or make him all melancholy.

Is it time to give the mis-firing Nobby a rest, or do we persevere and hope that he finally finds his feet in time to sink his old employers ?

To me, Hitz is still our most creative influence in midfield, and the most likely assists man we have. Without him the attack would get even less done !!

I was thinking this, and with Barry totally out of form I'd be tempted to stick Hendrie on the left, but he'd be lost out there I think. Barry needs to be taken out of the team for a while as he is clearly the recent weak link, and Hitz hasn't been much worse - I'd like to see Berson put in for him if fit.....

I'd go for:

Whittingham/Davis Berson/Hendrie McCann Solano

maybe Lee instead of Tommy Hammer?

wouldn't want to oust Nobby TBH.

It's amazing how a player can improve in our eyes without actaully playing for a couple of games! Not many would've had L'il Lee in at the start of the season as first choice, but now ......

Is it a coincidence that we haven't won a game without Lee Hendie this year, and that we haven't lost a game that he has played? I rate Lee as a good squad player, but perhaps his value to the team is more intangible. I believe Solano should be on the bench and Lee should play in his stead.

tbh im glade that people are starting to relise how important hendrie is to our squod!! i watched my video of last season and i was amazed that many of our best football and results hendrie was in the team and very much an influence!!, he was in the side for the cracking performances against fulham home and away, chelsea all 3 times, charlton home and away, wolves both times and not to forget the 45 mins which i consider to be the best football we've played under dol in the first half against the scum at home!!, and thats just a few!! he'ss also got the passion which i must say weve lacked since he'ss been injured, what i noticed in those games is how well he links our defence to the forward line and how he allways makes those runs into the box which is a major tool to confuse defecnes!! there's no dought weve missed him in the last couple of matches and i'd put him in the middle of the park with mccan or berson!! i really hope that dol see's sense and get's a left winger like maybe musampa, reid, arca, etherington or even gonzales i mean anyone with some pace and skill down that side which would make us so much more dangrous,

up the villa

I'm not happy with the amount of stick Lee gets. He may not be the greatest player in the world, but that's hardly his fault. I tell you what though, Lee is the one player in our squad who is guaranteed to be sweating buckets at the final whistle. He runs and runs and runs. He may not know where he is going or what to do when he gets there, but he puts in the effort and that counts for a lot in my book. We've missed him these last two games.

So how about we give the orange, jug-eared little monkey boy a break, eh?

well as I couldn't vote both I went for someone else

for my money I would go for

Noy - Gav - Lee and GB

bri - forget the hits assists he hasn't even looked like one and as for those 35 yarders at the moment they wouldn't travel that far

i'd stick with nobby for this one even though i'm not his biggest fan because he could pull something special out the bag against his old employers i reckon

Noy - Gav - Lee and GB

bri - forget the hits assists he hasn't even looked like one and as for those 35 yarders at the moment they wouldn't travel that far

My sentiments exactly, surprisingly enough :wink:

Personally, the only reason I've been a bit harsh on Nobby is because we haven't seen anything like his NUFC form. I think tomorrow could kick start that as he DOES have something to prove, regardless of what he or anyone else says.

Hopefully he will create a couple and score a couple. 4-0 wouldn't be too bad would it! :D

Noy - Gav - Lee and GB

My sentiments exactly, surprisingly enough :wink:

Agree with both of these. Hitz can come on if Barry/Hendrie/McCann fade or don't show up...

• 4 years later...
We've got an honest bunch of lads, and a small squad

...and that should ensure us of a draw.

Doug's chicken sandwiches were great though, and that's all I ever talk about because that's all that matters, alongside having a small squad and an honest bunch of lads...

Â