Snow Watch!

trekka

Drove to Kings Heath and back from Redditch today and the A435 wasn't gritted. Took 3 and a half hours instead of an hour. I ended up pushing 2 vans and 2 cars today :) The one driver was Chinese/Japanese (or whatever) woman and she more or less ordered me to push her...bitch.

I've just got back in from dropping someone up the road and got **** stuck for 10 minutes. Wheel spinning in 2nd gear for 10 minutes can't be that healthy for the engine, didn't smell too good.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Mum lives just round the corner from the Scott Arms & she's definitely Sandwell. If B'ham council are responsible for their bit of the A34, then they want ripping apart as well. I didn't cross over into B'ham bit as far as I know, so I can't comment but the Sandwell roads like the Newton Road Main StoneCross roads and A34 going up towards Junc 7 of the M6 are simply a disgrace. They must be like an ice rink by now.

You misunderstand me, Yes most of the Scott Arms is Sandwell (some of it is Brum) BUT the A34 is maintained by Birmingham Council under a cross border agreement between the councils regardless of which council area its in. The Newton Rd is definitely Sandwell's responsibility though.

Geek. :mrgreen:

I know, I know but when your father was Assistant City Engineer of Birmigham (and worked for Sandwell previously) and his responsibility was the roads and public buildings, you tend to pick these things up, sadly!

I always thought the Scott Arms was Great Barr? Went out with a girl that lived right next to it, she was a mentalist.

It is, but Great Barr is the suburb that no-one wants. It actually has different parts controlled by Birmingham, Sandwell and Walsall councils. Basically if you approach the lights at the Scott Arms from Brum, everything on the left and on the right after the lights is Sandwell, before the lights on the right is Brum. Go down the Queslett Road from the Scotts and everything on the Left after the Motorway is Walsall (i.e The Pheasey) Everything on the right is Brum.

I always thought the Scott Arms was Great Barr? Went out with a girl that lived right next to it, she was a mentalist.

It is, but Great Barr is the suburb that no-one wants. It actually has different parts controlled by Birmingham, Sandwell and Walsall councils. Basically if you approach the lights at the Scott Arms from Brum, everything on the left and on the right after the lights is Sandwell, before the lights on the right is Brum. Go down the Queslett Road from the Scotts and everything on the Left after the Motorway is Walsall (i.e The Pheasey) Everything on the right is Brum.

The ex lived in Great Barr (on the right of the lights coming from the City Centre, can't remember the name of the road now). Didn't realise that Sandwell was as far East as that. Never been in the Scott Arms, but looks a dump lol.

Looking out the window now looks like watching interference on the tv........

Where are you?

Aberdeen.

He said it two posts back, do keep up for **** sake

;-)

The ex lived in Great Barr (on the right of the lights coming from the City Centre, can't remember the name of the road now). Didn't realise that Sandwell was as far East as that. Never been in the Scott Arms, but looks a dump lol.

The Pub? Its absolutely shit, always has been always will be. Only ever been in there twice and I grew up in the area, Great Barr has a whole host of shit pubs but the Scotts is probably the very worst of all of them

The Pub? Its absolutely shit, always has been always will be. Only ever been in there twice and I grew up in the area, Great Barr has a whole host of shit pubs but the Scotts is probably the very worst of all of them

It doesn't look the sort of place I'd want to go to lol.

I always thought you grew up in Wales Bickster.

Â