Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

villianusa

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope the players have a bit more belief than some of the posters on here.

It's a myth that they want it more than us. If that was the case then we wouldn't be 7 unbeaten. Of course it won't be easy but this nose team is no great shakes and I'm very confident we will be in the semi final draw.

Of course it won't be easy but this nose team is no great shakes and I'm very confident we will be in the semi final draw.

On paper we should win the game as we have the better players. Unfortunately games aren't won on paper and systems/tactics will influence proceedings as will sending the players out with the right attitude.

think we are going to get battered in midfield, but i don't think there is much we can do about that given the personnel we can choose from at the moment

we will be very lightweight in there, and relying on Clark to do all the battling

at least Gabby should be playing - he often seems to have a big say on derby days

i think hleb and fatboy ferguson are gonna eat bannan and clark up in the cm. we so badly need nige and stan in this game.

they have no excuses not to win this they dont ahve 9 players out like we do

we have to score early to quiet the noise. but we have to stop conceded at the last seconds of the half as well

i think hleb and fatboy ferguson are gonna eat bannan and clark up in the cm. we so badly need nige and stan in this game.

they have no excuses not to win this they dont ahve 9 players out like we do

we have to score early to quiet the noise. but we have to stop conceded at the last seconds of the half as well

Helb got stretchered off the other day, I think his hamstring went...So I think he might not be playing.

I'd look at changing things around slightly and starting with two up front. Throw Warnock in to midfield alongside Clark to give us a bit of bite. Luke Young to left back where he arguably looks better anyway and Cuelllar if fit or more likely Beye at right back.

So:

Friedel

Beye Collins Dunne Luke Young

Ash Clark Warnock Downing

Gabby Delfouneso

It means we have a nice solid base in midfield with Clark and Warnock ( who impressed a number of times for Blackburn in centre mid ) some good attacking flair down the wings and the two lads up front to put themselves about and get on the end of things. We need to show some real positive intent in this game and this formation/team is capable of putting that shower of shite on the back foot and getting a result.

Subs to include the likes of Ireland, Carew, Pires, Bannan so a few nice options as well if things need changing.

i would like to see warnock in cm because he has been utter shit at lb but i think it will be clark and bannan in midfield and i think it will be too tough for them in that kind of enviroment . an experienced head like warnock could actually be a good idea and something mccliesh wouldnt expect

i would put bannan on the bench for this one as i think he is going to take a pounding.

i would like to see warnock in cm because he has been utter shit at lb but i think it will be clark and bannan in midfield and i think it will be too tough for them in that kind of enviroment . an experienced head like warnock could actually be a good idea and something mccliesh wouldnt expect

i would put bannan on the bench for this one as i think he is going to take a pounding.

100% agree about Warnock in Central midfield.

I actually think hes come in for some harsh criticism of late and has been putting in a lot of effort.

Not sure about dropping Bannan, who would you bring in, Ireland? I'd personally bring Warnock in alonside Clark & Bannan and give wee Barry the license to move forward a bit more often.