• A Young
    • Pires
    • Bannan
    • Carew
    • Delfouneso (for Pires 46)
    • Ireland (for Carew 66)
    • Herd (for Bannan 86)

NRC and Cuellar will help when fit

both who can not trap a bag of cement or even pass wind. they are not the answer. they have never been regulars for a reason!!!!

You mean that Cuellar who was basically an ever-present at RB last season? Yeah, that Cuellar..

You mean that Cuellar who was basically an ever-present at RB last season? Yeah, that Cuellar

the same bloke we all lambasted MON for playing because CC was shit. The same bloke which is why I dnt have a season ticket because of being utter wank

You mean that Cuellar who was basically an ever-present at RB last season? Yeah, that Cuellar

the same bloke we all lambasted MON for playing because CC was shit. The same bloke which is why I dnt have a season ticket because of being utter wank

Yeah, we were so shit, 6th is looking so crap now isn't it? Oh, and that Cup final and semi-final. Yeah, he was **** terrible.

You didn't buy your season-ticket because of Carlos Cuellar? :shock:

Can we get MON back?, but only to coach the defence.

He didn't coach the defence, he just scared the shit out of the players.

I don't know what it was, but some of the same defenders looked completely different players last year.

Terrible 1st half. Better 2nd half.

Luke Young has been learning how to defend by watching tapes of Warnock. Carew was absolutely useless. Pires was alright going forward, but then again we never expected defensive work from him.

Need to keep Downing on the left and Young/Albrighton on the right. That's when we play the best.

Delfouneso did ok. Ireland actually played well for once and showed some interest. Played our best stuff when he came on for Carew. No coincidence.

Poor Interviews

:shock:

I think I have heard it all now

What so the way he talks about the players is motivation. Listen to what he says. He highlights areas of improvement and then says how bad we are at things. Always ends on a negative.

IMO, you should say what were doing well (which is not alot granted) and then highlight where we need to improve.

Dont tell the press the players lack maturity etc. Hes a numpty

Terrible first half, much better second. Anyone notice the improvement when Carew went off? He's absolutely woeful. Cost us the 3rd goal also. **** off. Seriously.

I agree with you there, I don't think I'd be to sorry if he doesn't start another game for us.

He's only recently come back from injury, but even so he was completely rubbish today. I'd only keep him if we can't replace him in January.

You could lock me in a cage for 10 yards without ever running and playing football and I'd still be able to make a 5 yard pass to the right. :shock:

£60k a week and he can't pass a ball 5 yards. **** me.

Goal 1 - Arse-having runs straight at our two centre halves none of which get in a challenge or block the shot, Friedel down slow and gets enough on it to have done better.

Goal 2 - Not a lot you can do, especially with the deflection.

Goal 3 - simple ball between Collins and Dunne no challenge and again Friedel down too slow.

Goal 4 - there is a handball on the edge of their box as we chase the game, not given they break game over.

Goals 1&3 were totally avoidable and I have to question all three senior players involved.

Onto the wingers Ash tried and harassed at least; Downing didn't / doesn't do that part of the game enough (once v Nasri he proved he can) but delivery into the box was too inconsistent, not helped that it seems the ball has to be on Carew's head for him to do anything.

Carew - sorry JC but you can pack your bags as soon as we've got Gabby and Heskey fit because Fonz did the holding up of the ball far better than you today and can be used from the bench.

Warnock and Luke Young - pulled all over the place by the fluid Arse, as most FBs are. Nothing more to say as both can play better.

Clark and Bannan - improved at HT and will have gained a lot from the experience I hope. Lets remember that they've only got 11 starts in the PL between them. I can see Clark getting some games playing alongside NRC or Petrov when either is fit and he looks the part.

Pires: Not match fit, can see why we signed him but sorry I cannot work out why he started today and so it proved.

Subs: Ireland and Fonz both worked hard and did not look out of place in the PL, the enigma that is Ireland is the one thing that needs to be sorted because you can see the guy has ability he just needs to show it more often. Herd - fitted in but not that long.

MotM - Clark

Need to look in the mirror: Friedel / Dunne / Collins / Carew and Downing

Win on Wednesday and all is well again, anything less and we'll see some total over-reactions as opposed to those seen in any match thread we don't win easily.

We're playing like an O'Leary side . Actually at times im not sure if our squad is that much better than the 2006 team tbh...

Are you joking? The problem is not the personnel it's the fact that our team changes every game in at least 3 positions so we have zero consistency. Whether it's due to injury or because GH keeps tinkering too much I don't know.

We're playing like an O'Leary side . Actually at times im not sure if our squad is that much better than the 2006 team tbh...

thats exactly what i was thinking during the first half. whatever houlier's diabolical game plan was in the 1st half he certainly changed it for the 2nd half. It certainly makes me wonder

I was hoping for a top 10 finish when the first match started this season (in the summer my expectations were top 6 again).

Now I see I probably am too optimistic, as usual.

Will give Houllier until Christmas next season, though. We gotta stop this "change manager" nonsense. Houllier is probably the best a club with our ambitions and resources can aim for.

You don't have a season ticket because of Carlos Cuellar? :S

Have you not seen Carlos Cuellar play in central defence? Not saying he would of made a difference today, but certainly in my opinion he's our best defender next to Dunne.

Don't know why, but he is the same bloke that is the only difference from a tidy solid defence last season. And the shambles this.

Yeah, we were so shit, 6th is looking so crap now isn't it? Oh, and that Cup final and semi-final. Yeah, he was **** terrible.

You didn't buy your season-ticket because of Carlos Cuellar?

correct. I payed alot of **** money to watch us draw at home to shit teams playing awfull football. I unfortuantaly did not make away days where we played better. CC was out of position I know, but he is technically terrible, and not as strong at Dunne, Collins which is why he was shipped out to RB

You don't have a season ticket because of Carlos Cuellar? :S

Have you not seen Carlos Cuellar play in central defence? Not saying he would of made a difference today, but certainly in my opinion he's our best defender next to Dunne.

I was hoping for a top 10 finish when the first match started this season (in the summer my expectations were top 6 again).

Now I see I probably am too optimistic, as usual.

Will give Houllier until Christmas next season, though. We gotta stop this "change manager" nonsense. Houllier is probably the best a club with our ambitions and resources can aim for.

No one has called for his head have they?

I've said its almost impossible to gage any real opinion on Houllier at moment given the current injuries.

Having said that we were awful today have been for pretty much all this season- our most experienced players today were terrible - truely O'Leary circa 2005/6 stuff

You didn't buy your season-ticket because of Carlos Cuellar?

correct. I payed alot of **** money to watch us draw at home to shit teams playing awfull football. I unfortuantaly did not make away days where we played better. CC was out of position I know, but he is technically terrible, and not as strong at Dunne, Collins which is why he was shipped out to RB

Yeah and that is all Carlos Cuellar's fault isn't it. Maybe we should put Dunne and Collins at RB and see how technically brilliant they are?

Â