I come in peace - Spyin' Kop Article. Your input needed

MiguelCooper

Hello and welcome from everyone's favourite Liverpool forum RAWK.

For every game we do an article with the opposition fans called Spyin' Kop. I've been in touch with the site admin and it's good to post a few questions here on VillaTalk. I hope that some of you can take a few minutes to answer some questions. I will use as many replies as possible and post a link to the article on RAWK for you all to see once it is ready to publish.

Thanks in advance for your replies and..... play nice :)

Villa find themselves in 13th place in the Premiership. What do you think is a realistic target for Houllier in his first season.

How do you feel Gerard Houllier has settled and what do you hope from him as a manager

Do you feel that Houllier can get the best out of Emile Heskey

After Citeh came in and took two of your better young players what do you think needs doing to replace them. Is youth development an option or is the only way the transfer window.

Do you feel that Robert Pires is an inspired signing or do you feel he is ‘over the hill’

Liverpool have a bit of “history” with regards to American owners. Villa have had Randy Lerner in since 2006. What positives and negatives do you feel he brings to the club.

I feel Villa fans are very lucky to be able to have contact and information from The General. How important for supporter/club development do you feel this has been and do you think it should be encouraged across other clubs

Martin O’Neill left at a crucial part of the season and it seems since then he is constantly being linked with the Liverpool job by the media as soon as an opportunity arises. How do you feel he would do as Liverpool manager, given the current financial situation and also with funds available.

How do you feel Roy Hodgson has done since taking the Liverpool job.

Other than Gerrard or Torres who would you take from the Liverpool squad and why?

Last season we had two good games together with Villa winning at Anfield and Liverpool winning at Villa Park. Both games had “talking points” in them and I feel this is always the way with our encounters. What do you expect from this game.

And finally what would you predict as a final score for our game?

1) Realstic target, good cup run and probably around 7th-10th

2) hasn't been easy given the circumstances with injuries etc, i for one am happy with him though

3) Probably, injury prone player though

4) transfer window + youth development - we will spend hopefully.

5) well this again is a matter of opinion, i for one am happy with randy lerner, isn't too confrontable in the media gets about doing his own thing behind the scenes and does care for Villa imo.

6) General is great, long may it continue. Feel much closer to the club with general around.

7) I wish MON luck in whatever he does, i hold no grudges - thank you MON for the memories.

8 ) Hodgson, hmm ups and downs - hope he is a success for you but i feel he isn't the right man in the job

9) Reina and Ngog - Reina because he is excellent, Ngog good bright player imo

10) I've always liked liverpool tbh, said it before i'll say it again i don't mind them good team imo although don't expect any other villa fan to have this opinion :lol: always a good match.

11) I do hope we win given our luck etc, 2-1 or 3-2.

Villa find themselves in 13th place in the Premiership. What do you think is a realistic target for Houllier in his first season.

6.-8.

How do you feel Gerard Houllier has settled and what do you hope from him as a manager

Has settled ok, but unlucky with injuries. Partly due to a heavier training schedule.

Yes.

After Citeh came in and took two of your better young players what do you think needs doing to replace them. Is youth development an option or is the only way the transfer window.

Barry is not young, and is not missed. It was hard to loose Milner, he will hopefully be replaced in January. Youth development is always good to have, but you have to supplement it. Bannan, Albrighton, Clark and Delph will be great in a few years.

Do you feel that Robert Pires is an inspired signing or do you feel he is ‘over the hill’

Over the hill, but signed as a bench supplement.

Liverpool have a bit of “history” with regards to American owners. Villa have had Randy Lerner in since 2006. What positives and negatives do you feel he brings to the club.

The positives are to many to list.

I feel Villa fans are very lucky to be able to have contact and information from The General. How important for supporter/club development do you feel this has been and do you think it should be encouraged across other clubs

It is fantastic to be able to adress things directly to the board and the Gen. I do not care about other clubs though.

Martin O’Neill left at a crucial part of the season and it seems since then he is constantly being linked with the Liverpool job by the media as soon as an opportunity arises. How do you feel he would do as Liverpool manager, given the current financial situation and also with funds available.

Will do ok, but will play his favorites, even if it means out of position. His transfer is either brilliant or below par.

As expected.

Other than Gerrard or Torres who would you take from the Liverpool squad and why?

Reina, the rest are shit.

Last season we had two good games together with Villa winning at Anfield and Liverpool winning at Villa Park. Both games had “talking points” in them and I feel this is always the way with our encounters. What do you expect from this game.

I expect Villa to win, Torres to cry.

2-0 Villa

I think anyone who is expecting top 6 again is in dream land. Given the situation with O'Neill leaving and the injuries we have so far then we have to really look at top half as our goal.

It will be a real change for us - we've spent quite a while with a very small squad of largely English players, whilst our kids are coming through nicely at the moment, I expect Houllier to make a few shrewd signings from the continent. I hope we keep our British backbone and keep giving our academy gems the chance in the first team, but a little bit of continental quality would be nice, certainly.

I think he already has. But he is now injured. That may well be the pattern from here on in, but I can see Houllier picking up a new striker and playing Agbonlahor with his new signing.

I don't think you can count Gareth Barry as a 'young' player. Many here would also argue the 'better' aspect of that too. We had no problem replacing Barry. Sadly it was with Milner, who they also then took - and we haven't replaced him yet. And it won't be easy too either. But I am quite happy with our kids so far.

He is a coach. People forget that. Yes, he has been asked to play a bit, but our squad is stretched SO thin right now it was an inspired decision. Once we have key players back and a few Houllier signings Pires will be a brilliant coach for the likes of Bannan, Albrighton and Johnson.

I'm sorry but I don't think you can compare our two american owners. Yours were nothing but a disaster. Randy may not be an Arabian billionaire but he has been a fantastic owner. He has given alot of financial backing to O'Neill, and saw his money largely squandered, which is why he has been forced to be more careful. You must remember - he has also done many things in the area aswell, such as improving the Holte and rebuilding key areas to make the whole area a nicer place for home and away fans.

I think it's great, and would encourage other clubs to have a similar question. Some people do seem to forget though that he is still an employee of AVFC, and he will not give away anything the club do not want fans to know. He will spin, and he will occasionally tell fibs if they feel it's in the club's interest. He is not an 'ITK' that will give away club secrets. Sometimes I feel some people on this forum forget that.

Your financial situation is a little more different to ours, with your new owner. If he is to mirror what he did here, he will win you games, and he will get some good players - but he will struggle with 'squad players'. Bringing in very average players on high wages, and rarely use them.

Hodgson is very good at making difficult to beat, stubborn, solid, mid-table sides. When he took the Liverpool job I expected him to kick on and progress. But instead he has turned you into a solid and stubborn mid-table side.. which does probably not meet the expectations of you fans.

Given your situation prior to him joining, I think he is a good appointment. You were in the shit, and you needed someone to prevent you from imploding. Hodgson has certainly done that, but now the fans will want more, and I'm not sure he can deliver that.

Kuyt. Reina.

Kuyt is your most under-rated player.

And I still think we need a new keeper. Reina is pretty useful.

Unfortunately I don't expect the quality of our last meetings. We are crippled with injury, and you are severely lacking form. Especially without Gerrard, your team struggles to create chances, as do we - especially without Albrighton, who will miss out on the game due to Appendicitis.

I think it's got draw written all over it. And I'd take that, at the moment, given our injury situation.

Well, this will be a season of going backwards by the looks of things. I'm not really sure saying what position we are in right now tells us very much, we are one defeat off of the bottom three yet we are one win off of a Europa League spot. It's incredibly tight at the moment, but I would like to see a top half finish and at least 55 points.

He is lucky that most people seemed to write the season off as soon as O'Neill walked and Milner was sold. He isnt doing much to impress us at the moment though. What do I hope he produces? Points on the board is the obvious answer, but an exciting signing or two would be nice too.

Probably, but Heskey turns 33 in January and isnt the long term future. We need a new striker whether Heskey is in the team or not.

The current crop of youngsters seem excellent. Albrighton has arguably been our best player this season (though Downing has been very good too) and Ciaran Clark looks like he could be a first team regular before very much longer. Bannan has been getting headlines of late with some fine performances and great things are expected of teenage striker Nathan Delfouneso. Throw Hogg and Lichaj into the mix and yes, the youth side is producing some real talent at the moment. It's just a case of introducing them at the right time.

We desperately need a striker though. Our strike force consists of two thirtysomethings (and Carew may have played his last game for us) a teenager, and Gabby who isnt really an out and out striker. To solve that problem we will need to get the chequebook out.

Jury is still out. I doubt he is costing us a lot of money and he will be great to have around with so many talented youngsters at the club because for me, Pires is one of the greatest players to have graced the Premier League. It's where he is used though, if Downing or Albrighton are moved off either flank to accommodate him, then I wont be happy, they have been our best players this term. If he gets a game in the middle ahead of the (awful) Stephen Ireland then we might have found ourself a bargain.

Positives? He isnt Doug Ellis. He clearly cares about the Villa. He wants to do things in the "right" way.

Negatives? He doesn't have a vast oil field in his back garden, or the billions which come with it. I think the penny has dropped with Lerner that we could spend £250m on the team and not qualify for the Champions League. As Man City are finding out, the jump you need to make from being a top six side to a top four side is a lot bigger and more expensive than the jump from being freshly promoted to a top six side. I dont think Randy wants to ruin the club by writing cheques he cant afford to be cashed, so the purse strings have been tightened somewhat.

It's a good idea in theory, but if you read the General's threads on Villatalk.com you will realise that after a few months everything that can be asked has been asked. Its fantastic that he does interact with the fans but there are only so many ways he can tell somebody to contact Nicky in customer services about the cold pies and flat beer in the Trinity Road stand before it gets a bit dull. His thread seems to exist these days for journalists to scour on the off chance of getting a juicy quote.

You'd finish 6th. It's what Martin O'Neill does. He could take Exeter City into the Premier League and they would finish 6th. He could take over Manchester United and they would finish 6th.

I dont think Liverpool fans would like him much either. His football can best be described as, er, "direct" and his transfer policy is insane. He refuses to buy players from outside of Great Britain, just check his record at Celtic and Villa. His reluctance to make subsititions is annoying too. You know those Opta Stats that come out at the end of every season? The ones which tell you who made the most passes, which team scored the most goals in the second half and other inane info? Well for the last two seasons Aston Villa used the fewest number of players and made the least number of substitutions. If you think Torres is knackered now, see what happens if MON ever gets hold of him.

Hard to say. He has came in for some horribly unfair criticism, it's not his fault he inherited a mess. Perhaps he should be a little more bullish in post match interviews because I dont think Liverpool fans really want to hear their manager giving credit to Blackpool after a home defeat, but give the man a chance and he will see you right. The Kop chanting for Dalglish is **** embarrassing. Remember when everybody laughed at Newcastle fans for chanting Keegan's name every time they so much as conceded a corner? That's you that is.

Liverpool have players who aren't Gerrard and Torres? :shock:

I'd take Reina I guess, but only because Brad is 39 now. Can you keep him warm for us for another season though?

With our current injury list (Albrighton, Carew, Heskey, Cuellar, Sidwell, Reo Coker, Petrov, Beye, Delph) I expect nothing other than a defeat. You can expect to see a bench full of players you have never heard of.

Liverpool 2-0 Aston Villa

At the moment? Top half.

He's appeared to have settled fairly well although I myself am still not quite sure of him. I hope he can take Aston Villa on. Thats all I can hope. I think hope is the important word there - I don't think he'll achieve much more than we saw under the previous incumbent if he's lucky.

He appears to be able to. Unfortunately, Heskey can't seem to get the best out of himself as he keeps breaking.

Am I missing something with Citeh buying 2 of our better young players? It's only Milner and Barry isn't it (who himself was hardly young). Youth development can augment the transfer window, but it's foolish to rely on it, especially if we wish to advance our status - it's not easy to develop great players, as pretty much every academy in this country has discovered. A few that are good enough come through, and rarely one that is exceptional.

He's over the hill and hardly inspiring. He's come in to fill in. Theres a feeling that this kind of signing is either a massive success or a whimerping failure... I suspect he might be neither, I fact I think he'll be barely noticed by the wider audience of the Prem during his stay.

He appears to be professional and very hands off, he's helped raise the image of the club a bit (though undoubtedly not as much as he would like. He's put in decent (and very necessary) investment but we need more. The negatives are probably the size of his wallet, and a certain sense of naivety imo.

For me at least, the novelty has worn off. It is not an altruistic thing that the club has done, its as much for the benefit of the board as it is the fans. Recent times have seen the General become almost a propaganda machine, and it left a sour taste. As have moments of inprofessionalism. For a few things, it has it uses... but I think the relationship is growing tired and the slowing interest in his latest thread I think dictates to everyone that a lot of it is rather pointless PR. It's nice and everything but not really that useful.

Better than the current incumbent but that position is, as things stand, even with new owners, somewhat of a poisoned chalice imo.

Not terribly well. He's not helped by the squad though.

No idea. Theres not much to choose from.

Ugly, dull, and hardly a mouthwatering spectacle. We can't score goals and are somewhat schizophrenic, Liverpool have become even more dull and defensive minded. I think it's going to be crap.

1-0 Liverpool and a chorus of groans, snoring, and talk of 'but at least the kids are alright, eh?!!!!'

Id settle for midtable as were in a period of transition we will not see the best of houllier until we see him fully stamp his authority on our squad with his own signings.

I feel he has been unlucky with injuries and hasnt had the time yet to fully impose himself on the way the squad is laid out. He has had to bring in a new set of backroom staff ranging from assistant manager to fitness coach and im not expecting miracles over night i believe once he's fully settled he will have us churning out results but at the same time making us extremely hard to beat with his pragmatic approach to games.

I believe Houllier enjoys his time getting the best out of experienced players and i feel emile heskey is just that he may not score many goals but his workload for the team is often ignored pretty similar to what bolton have at the moment in Kevin Davies.

I wouldnt exactly call Barry young i feel we got the best out of him from what ive seen of him so far this season. His legs appear to have gone and he's just drifting through games. Mancini prefers to play Milner in the wide positions which is a mistake as he is a much better player in the middle. We lost Barry's experience and Milner's workrate which is why i believe we need a highly mobile centre mid with a good engine with an eye for a tackle in the middle of the park such as a Moussa Sissoko at Bordeaux and an experienced centre mid who has plenty of champions league experience under his belt like a jean makoun. We have a great wealth of youth coming through but we also need experience to nurture them into fine players.

Well his experience speaks for itself, World Cup winner and part of the invincibles in his prime at Arsenal his legs may have gone but his intelligence will never leave him he may not start games but his experience will prove invaluable to the younger players within the squad and as an impact sub

Since lerner has taken over the club he has completely rebuilt AVFC in terms of infrastructure and by investing heavily in the squad to the tune of 100 million + however under the previous manager who many believe wasted alot of it on signings such as Marlon Harewood and Steve Sidwell along with wages that were to high for such squad players he has had to tighten his belt as of late. The only negative i believe is that he doesnt seem to engage with the fans much and takes a backseat role and tends to communicate to the fans through General Krulak.

I believe we have been lucky to have a source such as the general however i dont believe his words should be treated as gospel his words are often misinterpreted by fans and the media which can lead to alot of misleading headlines which isnt always good however on the other hand it is nice to have a source within the club providing us with feedback on current questions.

I believe he did a good job at Villa on the whole delivered us cup finals and top 6 finishes however he was no good at bringing in foreign talent for a knock down price and always seemed to go for the more expensive british option. His squad rotation was no good either and we always seemed to run out of steam towards the end of a season out first 11 was great but beyond that our strength in depth was not good enough he always seemed to play players in the wrong positions as well which was another problem.

I believe he had a difficult start to his anfield career mainly because he was leaving a small pond such as fulham and jumping into a wide ocean in terms of liverpool i think he is out of his depth however he has turned results around as of late so who knows.

Id take reina in a heartbeat i think he is a fantastic goalkeeper and with the evergreen friedel nearing the end of his career we will be needing a new one i would probably look at kuyt as well just because of his sheer workrate both off and on the ball

I think our away form is suffering as of late and id take a point i feel we lack the cutting edge at the moment in front of goal and we are relying alot on our inexperienced youngsters i thought we were unlucky last season to lose i still have the taste of vomit in my mouth from when torres scored that late goal

With Houllier's pragmatic approach into not losing games i could see it being a draw perhaps 0 - 0 or 1 - 1

1) Around 7th-12th.

2) Good manager, is here to build foundations for a successful future.

3) Yes he already has started to.

4) Bit of both

5) Maybe not inspired, bit a good signing IMO

6) Mostly positives, wish he was a bit richer though :D

7) It's very good IMO cos we can get a board perspective, and I reckon other clubs should follow suit.

8 ) He'd get you 6th.

9) A great job, except signing Cole, if you hadn't Candleface would have done and never would have signed Van Der Vaart. :(

10) Reina, Kuyt, Agger

11) Last years only talking points at VP was the blizzard and how you mugged us of 3 points! Expect - anything, it could be a thrilller or dire. Either way i guarantee at least 10 injuries for us.

12) 2-0, Heskey brace....

Top half.

I think his influence is already showing, though I would not yet say he is settled. I think a transfer window or 2 will sort that out.

I expect from him a couple of things: Firstly, a competitive side that can handle Europe and, hopefully, Champions League.

Secondly, a legacy. I expect that he will instill in Villa a style or "football philosophy" that will be consistent through the ranks from the youth up that will persist after he has left the post.

I think he already is - though Heskey is not in his prime (age-wise) like he was at Liverpool.

There is plenty of promise in our youngsters but short-term we need some more experience and quality.

Time will tell. I think he is a good signing considering when he was bought and our injury toll. However, I expect his direct influence on games to be very little.

Our previous owner was "Deadly" Doug Ellis. In comparison, I don't see any negatives. On the positive side, they are keen to run Villa as a business - one that is self sufficient and takes care of it's customers (the fans). I believe they are succeeding.

I personally think it is brilliant. It has turned out to be a double-edged sword, where people now expect information directly from the General in the manner and timing of their own liking and are then quick to criticise when that doesn't happen.

If your idea of great football is a rigid 4-4-2 with limited posession in a squad that is sourced almost exclusively from UK talent, then MON is your man.

Every manager needs time to make his mark on the squad. I think Hodgson is beginning to show that now after a terrible start to the season. I think your current good form will continue.

Paul Konchesky. Solid, experienced and underrated.

Liverpool to score from a dodgy free kick after the referees missed a fairly blatant hand-ball.

Liverpool 2-0

Top half.

Okay, he seems to know what he's doing I say give him time.

He already has :) before he got the injury Heskey was scoring goals. Wolves game comes to mind.

Why not both? It's a shame if our young talents are wasted but they need experience alongside them to develop. Typical response really :)

Jury still out on this, I'm not sure. I just hope his wages aren't too high though.

He's dedicated. That in itself is already incredibly lucky, because American owners like the Glazers and your very own H&G have, in typical extreme-capitalist style, sucked out every penny humanly possible from buying football clubs. Sometimes thinking back on it we as Villans are actually pretty fortunate to have an American owner that doesn't put the club into debt. Yet.

Yes, definitely. Good leaders always listen to their subordinates and football clubs should be no exception. (I'm not saying that they should take every word from us fickle fans as gospel :) but there has to be an effort to bridge the class gap or clubs will just become elitist snobhead organisations)

Pffffft :crylaugh: He would be absolutely terrible as Liverpool manager. Not saying he's a bad manager but really I think anyone who just thinks about it for a second will probably realise that he's just not cut out to manage a club like Liverpool.

Obviously, not so good. I thought he would do well at the start of the season given a bit of time but now I'm starting to think that his playing style doesn't suit Liverpool at all. Just ask Agger :D

Kuyt, very underrated player, his workrate as well as linkup play is fantastic. Reina. Agger. Maybe Meireles, especially seeing as Villa are screwed in the centre of midfield atm. All quality players, imho.

We'll lose, I think. That's about it.

Plop to win 3-0, considering you guys are playing at home.

Top 10 I'd accept. He inehrited a pretty decent squad, so even without a summer transfer window he should get top half.

Still a work in progress, but you can clearly see the changes he's trying to make. No idea if he'll be successful with is, but he plays nice football.

Yes. When fit he's been quite good this season already, so underrated still it's crazy.

Well, Downing is essentially a replacement for 1. I'd hope Houllier would be looking to bring somone else in for the middle of the part, our bench has been very thin lately.

Only time will tell, but as a player that never relied on pace or strength I can't see him being a disaster, I'm sure he'll play his part.

Positives: The main one has got to be that he doesn't want his face on the back of every newspaper like other owners seemingly do. He took over and created a very good feeling at the club and took us away from the doom and gloom.

Negatives: He isn't worth £500bn? Can't really think of one, though I'd like to know what happened regarding MON.

It's fantastic and has helped so many supporters on here in one way or another. I think it would be a step forward if other clubs were to do something silimar.

I think he'd do well personally and, unlike some, I feel he spends well on players that fit the way he wants to play. You might not like how he plays, but it generally works.

Not very well. Like Rafa he just seems far too negative and hoping for Torres/Gerrard to win it on their own. Can't see him lasting long, give it half way through next season.

Kuyt, absolutey love his work-rate and sores a fair few goals.

Unfortunately I think we'll see a pretty defensive showing from both sides which will result in a low scoring game. A bit of magic from a forward player is about all I can see happening.

1-1.

Top half.

Hard to tell yet. He has been given a longer honeymoon because of the injuries. I really wasn't a big fan before he got the job, but im starting to like him as a person.

Yes but its pretty pointless, because Heskeys best isn't good enough in my opinion.

Barry young?? I dont think so. I wasn't that bothered about Barry going, he's pretty limited as a player and wasn't as good as he was 2-3 years ago. But Milner was a huge loss. Infact it looks like a bad transfer deal all round. He is an ok wide player but an awesome centre midfielder, i think he will not reach his full potential at Citeh, which is a shame.

Dont know, seems risk free and we have no players.

Randy has been a fantastic owner. Wouldn't change him for any other owner, even the Man City lottery winning chavs.

Its good sometimes, but its not informative as you might think. He's been stung by the press a few times so i think its getting more aimed towards the press. Shame really.

You would struggle to get higher than 6th in my opinion. I think Martin a a great manager to a point, but a club with Liverpools aspirations needs someone who knows the european markets more, someone who is more imaginative with tack ticks and someone who knows how to build and use a squad rather than a team. Martin did a decent job here, not good and certainly not great, OK.

Its early. I think he had a mess there to begin with. Benitez was not a good manger in the end, which is being proven in Milan right now.

Raina of corse, but no one else really. Liverpools problem as been they have these 3 top class players, but the rest of the squad is very average.

Villa playing a injury hit team, which plays quite well, but ultimately loses, probably with a last min winner.

2-1 Liverpool.

Villa find themselves in 13th place in the Premiership. What do you think is a realistic target for Houllier in his first season?

Anywhere from 8th-12th.

How do you feel Gerard Houllier has settled and what do you hope from him as a manager?

Well, considering the circumstances. I hope he brings through the youngsters, shifts out the deadwood, brings some silverware to the club and gets us consecutively competing around 4th.

Do you feel that Houllier can get the best out of Emile Heskey?

File under the aforementioned 'deadwood' category.

After Citeh came in and took two of your better young players what do you think needs doing to replace them? Is youth development an option or is the only way the transfer window?

You need both. City are a problem, but how are you supposed to compete with the almighty £? An aside, you don't really consider Gareth Barry young? :shock:

Do you feel that Robert Pires is an inspired signing or do you feel he is ‘over the hill’?Not so much inspired as necessary. We've a near-first team of walking wounded so the more cover the better, plus a lot of the younger players (and a handful of the senior ones) could stand to learn a lot from a player of Pirès' experience and calibre.

Liverpool have a bit of “history” with regards to American owners. Villa have had Randy Lerner in since 2006. What positives and negatives do you feel he brings to the club?

Money and a level head. We wouldn't be competitive without Lerner's continued investment, but the overarching goal of self-sufficiency is one I happily prescribe too. I'm of the opinion/hope that one day, there will be a financial rapture and lot of the power clubs will very sharply be brought into line.

I feel Villa fans are very lucky to be able to have contact and information from The General. How important for supporter/club development do you feel this has been and do you think it should be encouraged across other clubs?

I think it was a great idea at the outset and a unique way to build bridges between the new ownership and the fans. I do feel, however, that it has run it's course (especially following MONgate and the use of Krulak's comments in the press).

Martin O’Neill left at a crucial part of the season and it seems since then he is constantly being linked with the Liverpool job by the media as soon as an opportunity arises. How do you feel he would do as Liverpool manager, given the current financial situation and also with funds available?

I can't see it happening. There is too much going on behind the scenes at Anfield and O'Neill won't get out of bed for anything less than repeated investment and autonomous control. If it did happen, he would bring stability but not success (only so long as the cheques kept coming).

How do you feel Roy Hodgson has done since taking the Liverpool job?

He needs to be stronger with the underperformers. He has the unenviable task (akin to Houllier) of over-seeing the club's transitional period and as such he'll take the flak until he can.

I would take Pepe Reina, Martin Kelly and maybe Raúl Meireles once he's had a season to acclimatise to the English game.

Last season we had two good games together with Villa winning at Anfield and Liverpool winning at Villa Park. Both games had “talking points” in them and I feel this is always the way with our encounters. What do you expect from this game?

A good contest that hopefully won't be marred with poor officiating.

2-2

Anywhere from 7th-13th.

I think he has done o.k particularly considering the injuries, you can see the ideas are there and the performances against Fulham and United were very encouraging. The football were playing is far superior to O’Neill but without the results. I hope that it ships out the deadwood and begins to build a squad that challenge the top 4 and deal with a European campaign around our youth. He needs to get a defensive midfielder and a finisher desperately.

Yes, he was fantastic before he was injured. But still is seen by many as awful…

Well, Barry leaving arguably helped the balance of our team and really let Petrov come on. Milner was a massive loss: Downing, Young and the so far awful Stephen Ireland need to step up to replace him. Youth Development is great, but we need an established performer to replace him in the short term which hopefully will be one of those three!

To be honest we have no players and have lost points in recent weeks by being a bit naïve. It’s no risk and proactive from Houllier. Hopefully will show a bit of composure and experience which will help us.

Positives – He took us off our knees and spent money and put an infrastructure into the club.

Negatives – None really, a few have criticised how O’Neill left but I think it was handled with a bit of dignity and how he went about hiring Houllier was also impressive. Some forget how much O’Neill did actually spend.

Yes, it is great and it has built a lot of bridges with the club and the fans. Unfortunately some forget that he is a spokesman for the club and see it as their own personal soapbox. Hopefully it will continue and give us even more insight as he doesn’t have to do it.

The way O’Neill left has left us in this position. It is a shame as the top 4 is very open this year and a good summer would have given us a chance. He would probably do pretty well, but I don’t think he would win you the league, when it got tough he wasn’t proactive enough and became quite predictable. Heskey for Carew or visa versa. I’d say you’d be better with either someone that understood your club like Nicol or Dalglish if you want to go that way or waiting for a top top manager to come along.

The best thing going for Roy is everyone wants him to do well, but something feels wrong about it and he seems to be drowning. I think he should have done a bit better, as he has spent money on Poulsen, Koncheskey and Meireles. He as yet hasn’t inspired confidence.

I don’t think you’re squad is much better than ours barring your two stars, Kuyt seems to pop up with some goals which is what we need. Other than that I’d take a couple of your youngsters Pacheco looks like a player and perhaps Wilson or Ayala who when I have seen them look like prospects.

Bad defending, Good Goalkeeping and we’ll play well but throw it away and either lose or draw.

1-1 or 1-0 Liverpool.

Thanks everyone for your replies. On all the other Spyin Kop articles the Liverpool fan has taken a lot of abuse. Maybe mine will come after the article is posted :D

I'm going to aim to get the article up by midweek. I'll post the link as soon as I've got it.

put my response in the article, i think i deserve it tbh :winkold:

Â