Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are missing Fabregas, we are missing potentially an entire first XI. I think I'd rather be in their shoes, although you'd have to say their poor form is more worrying than theirs because at least we have an excuse.

I think Albrighton will be a huge miss for us , i can just see Arsenal coming out fighting after the week they've had .

If we can stick to basics , keep the ball on the floor , play our game and keep our wide men actually wide we have an outside chance but thats all it is , i know there missing there captain but there still a classy team .

I really hope we play two up front. Just go for it - their weakness is their defence!

Same to be honest.

Defence will pick itself on the day depending on who is fit and I'd just put Delfouneso and Gabby up front. We need to start putting teams on the back foot.

I really hope we play two up front. Just go for it - their weakness is their defence!

Same to be honest.

Defence will pick itself on the day depending on who is fit and I'd just put Delfouneso and Gabby up front. We need to start putting teams on the back foot.

Don't disagree BUT their strength is their midfield and this where they blew us away at the Emirates last season, albeit that was with Fabregas. I do think if we went:

--------------- Baker/Hogg/NRC -------------

------------- Bannan -------------------------

Downing --------------------------------- Ash

----------------------- The Fonz -------------

--------------- Gabby ------------------------

It would give us the flexibility of moving Gabby/the Fonz out right and Downing or Ash into a central position if we were getting overrun.

If we stick with the same pattern of play in putting the ball out wide and crossing into the box we need to play more with Gabby up front. Most teams will have at least three defenders in the box and we are usually out numbered. Either play more down the middle or get Carew up front with Gabby. I would leave Fonz to make an impact in the second half.

Friedel

Young Cuellar/Clark Dunne Warnock

Young Bannan Clark/Hogg Downing

Gabby Carew

And stop giving away stupid freekeicks.