Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Go on then....predictions and what not!

Friedel

Young Cuellar Dunne Warnock

Clark Bannan

Albrighton Young Downing

Agbonlahor.

Subs: Guzan, Lichaj, Collins, Pires, Ireland, Carew, Delfouneso.

Reason:

I think Cuellar is a must, covers the defence so well and I think the pace of Arsenal, you need someone like that, more so maybe than Collins who is a little slower on his feet.

Clark central midfield, just I think gives us more of a presence than Hogg and means we do have someone who is quite big and imposing in there.

IF Cuellar isn't fit, Collins CB.....if Albrighton isn't fit, I'd play Agbonlahor from the right hand side and Delfounso upfront OR Delfouneso and Agbonlahor upfront, Young and Downing on the flanks.

Prediction: 1-1.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha! Fair enough! I think a point is the most we'll get from this. My reasoning?

Purely because every time the official site overhypes the game trying to sell tickets with cheesy advertising, we do crap.

The Hou's with us game with Bolton (he wasn't even in charge by then) as well as the derby and the EL game at home this year are great examples.

Rendez-vous. Pires de resistance. Ugh, it's cringeworthy.

Time for a 442 I think with Gabby and Nathan up front and Downing/Young out wide. We have to be positive and captalize on our strengths which we cannot do with only Gabby in the box.

Hopefully Collins will be back so we can play Clark/Bannan in the middle. Young has tormented Clichy in the past but he is Sagna's bitch, so I'd put Young RM and Downing LM and keep them there. Unless Albrighton is fit of course.

On reflection I might try

---------------- Clark/Coker ------------------

---------------------------- Bannan ----------

Gabby ------ Ash -------------------- Downing

-------------------- Fonz ---------------------

Subs: Guzan, Lichaj, Clark/Coker, Herd, SI, Pires, Carew

Think we can learn a lot from 2nd half on their game against spurs. Reckon we should play :

Friedel

LYoung - Cuellar - Dunne- Warnock

------Clark----- Bannan---Downing--

-------------Young -------------------

-----Fonz -----------Gabby

Ash doesn't seem to want to play on the wing so lets put him in the middle and not **** around with it. Arsenals Cbs are rubbish and I think we should play Gabby with someone. We can tell Fonz to play on the ride side and help out with some of the defnse work that young wont be doing on the right side.

Basically we can focus our attacks down the left and middle and utilize our pace and strength. The lack of defense on the right wont matter as this season all arsenals attacks come through the middle or on the right, Clichy hasn't been good going forward and AA likes to cut on the inside and play narrow.

Think we can learn a lot from 2nd half on their game against spurs. Reckon we should play :

Friedel

LYoung - Cuellar - Dunne- Warnock

------Clark----- Bannan---Downing--

-------------Young -------------------

-----Fonz -----------Gabby

Ash doesn't seem to want to play on the wing so lets put him in the middle and not **** around with it. Arsenals Cbs are rubbish and I think we should play Gabby with someone. We can tell Fonz to play on the ride side and help out with some of the defnse work that young wont be doing on the right side.

Basically we can focus our attacks down the left and middle and utilize our pace and strength. The lack of defense on the right wont matter as this season all arsenals attacks come through the middle or on the right, Clichy hasn't been good going forward and AA likes to cut on the inside and play narrow.

Not what I'd have gone for, but good thinking.

A return to the formation that served us so well towards the end of Oneill's second season (including THAT derby game) and also, as youve rightly pointed out, 2 forward players seem to trouble Arsenal more than 1.

Though, I dont hold out any hope for this being the formation, mainly because Houllier has yet to show any inclination towards using Downing as anything other than a winger.

I think we are going to get thumped in a season defining defeat for us

How would a loss to one of the best teams in Europe be season defining? We have nothing to lose...

Regardless of the team we are playing I think a huge defeat in our current situation will undoubtedly severly damage the confidence of the young players who are holding the team together