• A Young
    • Ireland
    • Bannan
    • Hogg
    • Agbonlahor
    • Pires (for Ireland 69)
    • Delfouneso (for Agbonlahor 78)
    • Herd (for Hogg 81)

Was expected. I said before the game we'd probably play better/get a better result against Arsenal and I still stand by that. We come undone against the thuggish hoofball teams.

Getting pissed off with the amount of goals conceded from set pieces though.

I knew that this was going to be a shit season, that doesn't make games like this any easier to watch though! Inexperience shone through today. We were outmuscled by a very physical Blackburn side, to be fair to them they did their homework, they knew we had nothing to offer in the air so focused on cutting out our passing play. Really frustrating day, we need some of those players back and soon!!

Bannan MOTM you having a laugh, he needs to learn big time to stop with the killer balls in everything! I know I mentioned relegation but can you see us getting anything in the next two games? And were relying on kids to get us out of it! We have spells in every game but don't capitalise, so bloody frustrating!

Brad - Jumped like an old man today

Warnock - Becoming more and more of a liability

Dunne - Nowhere near a captains performance

Clark - Looked the better and more composed of the two CH's

Hogg - Sorry but these are the games that you show if you are good enough, and he was not

Downing - Not a RW, when he plays there he sticks more to the white line than Kerry Katona

Ireland - That was disgraceful all in all. You know, we know and now the whole world knows you don't want to play for AVFC.

Bannan - Promise, but learning when to play the killer ball and when to play it simple is all part of the learning process

Pires - You can see what he may bring

MOM by a country mile was A.Young

Relegation zone come January. Can't expect anything else from a team of average youth team players. Under investment in the past two years is to blame for this.

We don't have the squad depth that we should, but regardless, any team would struggle with the injuries we've suffered.

It's quite a bit factor and it's also not Houllier's fault.

Relegation zone come January. Can't expect anything else from a team of average youth team players. Under investment in the past two years is to blame for this.

Haha that's the funnest post I've seen on these forums as yet.

Past 2 seasons you say? Didn't Collins Dunne Warnock come in last season?

This season we didn't buy anyone because we had....Wait for it....We had NO MANAGER TO BUY THE PLAYERS.

oh please.

injuries to at least 5 first team regulars is to "blame" for this. It's irritating, but it happens.

Under investment my arse.

I'll feel happier once I stop convincing myself we'll do any better than mid table this season. No outlet going forward should have had The Fonz on earlier - (as soon as they scored the second at least). Very disappointed with Ireland and Agbonlahor doesn't look fully fit. Stupid first half free kicks and poor goalkeeping - masters of our own downfall - Blackburn are a poor side. Please stop playing A. Young in the middle gave him MOM though. Other good stuff from L Young, Hogg, Bannan and Downing. Hopefully better match next week when we don't have to play Thugball

We need investment in Jan please Mr Lerner.

We need an injury free team and development with the right players added to the team over time. Today was not acceptable in my opinion although there are genuine excuses i.e. injuries. Gabby looks way off the pace which is no fault of his own and Ireland doesn't seem to want to do the off the ball game. His on the ball game wasn't great either. Still I thought Bannan and Downing gave a good effort even though some things didn't come off they still had a go. I'd like to see Ashley Young drop his 'leader' and 'I'm the best here' attitude which is vibe I've been getting.

First of all, we have 10 players out in one of the most physical places to play in the league. Still think he should have gone 4-4-2. those 10 players include Heskey and NRC who relish this type of game....Couple that with some signings well be alright lads.

Anyway shit performance!

Friedel - 6 -Did great all game but the first goal was diabloical

Young - 6 - Full of running and played much higher up 2nd half

Warnock - 5 - Struggling a bit lately

Clark - 6 - Didnt do a lot wrong

Dunne - 6 - Made one fantastic block, looks kanckered all the time!

Young - 7 - Worked hard, made a couple of wrong decisions, but always wanted the ball and unlucky with the header off the bar

Hogg - 6 - Nothing too good or too bad from the lad today

Ireland - 6 - There is a player in him lads, a big time player, bit of a fairy though

Bannan - 7 - MOTM, classy player, always keeps possession, real gem in the making is Barry Zidane

Downing - 6 - Started strong, finished not so much

Gabby - 5 - No serivce, out of shape, playing against 4 defenders, bad day at the office. looks short of confidence as well.

Subs:

Pires - 6 -Still got it, will be used in this role a lot, feed him the ball and he will use it well

Delf - 6 - Got inbehind Blackburn twice more than Gabby did

Herd - N/A - Not on long enough, although did get himself on the end of a corner well

Â