• Ireland
    • Bannan
    • Hogg
    • Agbonlahor
    • Pires (for Ireland 69)
    • Delfouneso (for Agbonlahor 78)
    • Herd (for Hogg 81)

:lol:

Downing chance was a definite clear cut chance. :?

They didn't create that many chances....What game were you watching? they caught us on the break a few times towards the end of the game and miss 1/2 decent chances but five goals? be serious.

Giving away a couple of chances was to be expected to be honest when your pushing for goals. Just like when we played Fulham, before they equalized, we had 2/3 good chances but didn't take them, Fulham equalized.

We had more possesion, more shots on target, more shots in general, more corners. More play in their half, our two central midfielders made 15 more passes than their whole 5 man midfield put together.

We could have easily won that game today, I can't understand the negativity myself. Result isn't good, I accept that, performance was okay, Blackburn away, hard to expect to dominate a team, yet for 60/70 minutes, we had control of the game. I've seen us play alot worse than that and win games both under Houllier (Wolves), Kev Mac (Everton) and O'Neill! (numerous)

What game was I watching? Are you being serious? I was AT the game mate, not stuck to my keyboard posting on here straight after it with all your facts and figures (which, by the way, differ from site to site).

A shot from the edge of the box with Blackburn defenders diving in to stop it, is NOT a clear-cut chance, quite obviously. The only chances we created were half-chances at best, unlike Diouf's chance second half when he went through one-on-one with Friedel. They also had at least two others second half - as well as a number of chances in the first half. So if their finishing was better they could have easily scored five, easily.

If you think the performance was 'okay' and that we had control of the game for 70 **** minutes (you're joking, surely? :lol: ) then I suggest you re-watch it on Sky.

Downing's chance edge of the box, people diving into block? He was about 10 yards out and fired a low shot Robinson saved with his legs. Young then had a shot from a tight angle which Robinson did brilliantly to push away and also a header from 10 yards off the bar. :?

You can't say Downing's chance weren't a chance and then say Diouf's one on one was, it was pretty identical. Again with Dunne trying to make a block. :?

No I'm not joking.

First half, we started on top, again, had a few chances, then after 25 minutes, Blackburn really started to get on top of us and dominated us until half-time.

After half-time, we come out, guns blazing a little, then they scored from a set-peice against the run of play. After that, we were camped in their half, got caught on the counter a few times as expected. When you have to attack, your going to leave gaps.

What sites are that then?

BBC Sport are saying 16 shots, we had...11 on target. 53% possesion.

Sky Sports admittedly are saying 9 shots but 61% possesion. So I guess it's what you believe.

Blackburn certainly couldn't have had 5/6. :?

Luke Young is poor, dislike him a lot at the moment, hes had a lot of poor performances this season.

It was men vs boys today.

We played well in the first 20 when we passed it, then not sure what changed but then we resulted to hoof ball.

The goal changed the game then we never looked like coming back into it.

Ireland was shit, cant believe how shit he has been. Was listening to Bellamy talking about how good he is but dont think we will see that side of him for many moons.

Very dissapointed in Villa today, got some hard games coming up and it does not look promising.

But we must remember we have a severe amount of injuries small squad or not, the player out make a huge difference.

UTV!

Well Pederson got two.

Diouf had a one on one

and he also missed a header (somehow) from two yards when he only had to put it in an empty net (should join us - he'd fit in !)

So that is 4 absolute clear cut chances just from Diouf and Pederson !

Us, two long range efforts from Downing that no one followed in (when 10 yr old strikers are tought to do just that !) an Ash header against the bar - thats it really I can think of.

I cannot believe we are three points off the bottom 3, have got 4 points away from home by December.

The much forelorned Marlon Harewood has scored more goals than our entire forward line put together, we have a starting line up with players like Jonathan Hogg in it - a bench consisting of 5 kids, all under 20, a goalie and a 37yrs old

And people seem content !

tell you what, Collins header in the last minute could be th emost crucial goal of this season, without that, we'd be 4th from bottom !

Well Pederson got two.

Diouf had a one on one

and he also missed a header (somehow) from two yards when he only had to put it in an empty net (should join us - he'd fit in !)

So that is 4 absolute clear cut chances just from Diouf and Pederson !

Us, two long range efforts from Downing that no one followed in (when 10 yr old strikers are tought to do just that !) an Ash header against the bar - thats it really I can think of.

I cannot believe we are three points off the bottom 3, have got 4 points away from home by December.

The much forelorned Marlon Harewood has scored more goals than our entire forward line put together, we have a starting line up with players like Jonathan Hogg in it - a bench consisting of 5 kids, all under 20, a goalie and a 37yrs old

And people seem content !

tell you what, Collins header in the last minute could be th emost crucial goal of this season, without that, we'd be 4th from bottom !

A Pederson strike from a ridiculous angle doesn't count as a clear cut chance. Not even a chance. Otherwise you count every long shot as a chance.

Errrr... how about Young's shot from outside the area, saved. Young's shot which Robinson did brilliantly to push wide of the post in the first half and Downing's one on one inside 5 minutes??

We have a starting line up with Hogg in it because we have Petrov, Reo-Coker, Sidwell, Delph, Collins, Cuellar all injured (had a CB been fit, Clark would of played CM imo). I mean, there's buying players to fill the squad and then there's just been stupidly unlucky. If you honestly can't accept we have 5 CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS from last year not available to us (including Milner) then you really are ignorant to facts.

Also, this is exactly what annoys me....You talk about Collins header last minute being lucky otherwise we'd be 4th from bottom....

Well what about last minute Stoke goal, last minute Fulham goal, late United goals, had we not conceded those, we'd be 5th! Works both ways.

:lol:

Downing chance was a definite clear cut chance. :?

They didn't create that many chances....What game were you watching? they caught us on the break a few times towards the end of the game and miss 1/2 decent chances but five goals? be serious.

Giving away a couple of chances was to be expected to be honest when your pushing for goals. Just like when we played Fulham, before they equalized, we had 2/3 good chances but didn't take them, Fulham equalized.

We had more possesion, more shots on target, more shots in general, more corners. More play in their half, our two central midfielders made 15 more passes than their whole 5 man midfield put together.

We could have easily won that game today, I can't understand the negativity myself. Result isn't good, I accept that, performance was okay, Blackburn away, hard to expect to dominate a team, yet for 60/70 minutes, we had control of the game. I've seen us play alot worse than that and win games both under Houllier (Wolves), Kev Mac (Everton) and O'Neill! (numerous)

What game was I watching? Are you being serious? I was AT the game mate, not stuck to my keyboard posting on here straight after it with all your facts and figures (which, by the way, differ from site to site).

A shot from the edge of the box with Blackburn defenders diving in to stop it, is NOT a clear-cut chance, quite obviously. The only chances we created were half-chances at best, unlike Diouf's chance second half when he went through one-on-one with Friedel. They also had at least two others second half - as well as a number of chances in the first half. So if their finishing was better they could have easily scored five, easily.

If you think the performance was 'okay' and that we had control of the game for 70 **** minutes (you're joking, surely? :lol: ) then I suggest you re-watch it on Sky.

Downing's chance edge of the box, people diving into block? He was about 10 yards out and fired a low shot Robinson saved with his legs. Young then had a shot from a tight angle which Robinson did brilliantly to push away and also a header from 10 yards off the bar. :?

You can't say Downing's chance weren't a chance and then say Diouf's one on one was, it was pretty identical. Again with Dunne trying to make a block. :?

No I'm not joking.

First half, we started on top, again, had a few chances, then after 25 minutes, Blackburn really started to get on top of us and dominated us until half-time.

After half-time, we come out, guns blazing a little, then they scored from a set-peice against the run of play. After that, we were camped in their half, got caught on the counter a few times as expected. When you have to attack, your going to leave gaps.

What sites are that then?

BBC Sport are saying 16 shots, we had...11 on target. 53% possesion.

Sky Sports admittedly are saying 9 shots but 61% possesion. So I guess it's what you believe.

Blackburn certainly couldn't have had 5/6. :?

I think you need to re-think your definition of 'dominating' or 'controlling' a game. Chelsea controlled vast swathes of their game with the scummers, creating chance after chance but failing to take any. We did not do that at all - having more possession means absolutely **** all - like I say, if you think we dominated or controlled 70 minutes of the game then there is absolutely no point continuing this discussion. I'll stick to my opinion from the stand, thanks.

I think you need to re-think your definition of 'dominating' or 'controlling' a game. Chelsea controlled vast swathes of their game with the scummers, creating chance after chance but failing to take any. We did not do that at all - having more possession means absolutely **** all - like I say, if you think we dominated or controlled 70 minutes of the game then there is absolutely no point continuing this discussion. I'll stick to my opinion from the stand, thanks.

Well maybe it is definition. Having more of the ball, looking pretty comfortable to an extent and having the better of the play, to me is more in control. Maybe not dominating, that's probably the wrong word but I think we were on top apart from the 2nd half of the first half.

In fact, before the Pederson free-kick in first half stoppage time, did Friedel have to make a save? all their chances came on the break with us chasing the game, not surprising.

Friedel - trying too hard on old turf - 5

L Young - only player that really impressed me - 7

Dunne - Brainless hoofer - 5

Clark - did ok - 6

Warnock - not as bad as people made out but 2 senseless challenges on Diouf were a bit TAME, if you're gonna hurt the excuse for human being do it properly! - 6

Bannan - tried but often too ambitious - 6

Hogg - decent game - 6

Downing - played on the wrong side, not your fault, at least he was trying to do something - 6

Ash - Why do complicated when simple will do? Also no need to play like Jaques Cousteau on the barrier reef. You might get the genuine fouls then. - 5

Ireland - clearly doesn't want to be at Villa, please just go - 3

Gabby - clearly not fit but what is the point hugging the touchline when you are the lone striker? - 5

Subs

Pires - Arthritic - did nothing special - 6

Fonz - actually looked quite lively but the game was already up when you came on which was at least 15 mins too late - 6

Herd - looked livelyish but wasn't really on long enough to judge

Houllier - Had little to play about with but with what little options he had, he failed. Swapping wingers around isn't that hard, it requires no subs. Gabby was clearly off the pace but it took until nearly the 80th minute for this to hit home. Clueless today Gerard, sorry but it needs to be said. Tippy tappy football resorted to hoofball very quickly today and nothing was done about that, he also seemed perfectly happy for our lone forward to play as close to the touchline as possible. He has very little at his disposal and very few decisions to make right now but the decisions he did or didn't make today were by and large the wrong choices

Friedel - trying too hard on old turf - 5

L Young - only player that really impressed me - 7

Dunne - Brainless hoofer - 5

Clark - did ok - 6

Warnock - not as bad as people made out but 2 senseless challenges on Diouf were a bit TAME, if you're gonna hurt the excuse for human being do it properly! - 6

Bannan - tried but often too ambitious - 6

Hogg - decent game - 6

Downing - played on the wrong side, not your fault, at least he was trying to do something - 6

Ash - Why do complicated when simple will do? Also no need to play like Jaques Cousteau on the barrier reef. You might get the genuine fouls then. - 5

Ireland - clearly doesn't want to be at Villa, please just go - 3

Gabby - clearly not fit but what is the point hugging the touchline when you are the lone striker? - 5

Subs

Pires - Arthritic - did nothing special - 6

Fonz - actually looked quite lively but the game was already up when you came on which was at least 15 mins too late - 6

Herd - looked livelyish but wasn't really on long enough to judge

Houllier - Had little to play about with but with what little options he had, he failed. Swapping wingers around isn't that hard, it requires no subs. Gabby was clearly off the pace but it took until nearly the 80th minute for this to hit home. Clueless today Gerard, sorry but it needs to be said. Tippy tappy football resorted to hoofball very quickly today and nothing was done about that, he also seemed perfectly happy for our lone forward to play as close to the touchline as possible. He has very little at his disposal and very few decisions to make right now but the decisions he did or didn't make today were by and large the wrong choices

Fair assessment Bickster. Not a good day at the office, at all.

Come on AVFC - you're just being ridiculous now.

Before they scored the first, they had free kick after free kick banged in, most of which Fredial was muscled out (sometimes by our own players), it was just a matter of time before one went in. If you can't see that, then sorry mate, you are short sited.

Coupled with the Diouf miss, the Richard Dunne mircale tackle and many more, it could have been a rout.

And this is Blackburn we are talking about not sodding barcelona

We have played Blackpool, Wolves, West Ham, Blues (home), Blackburn, Newcastle, Stoke, Sunderland

And we are 3 points off the relegation zone - THAT is worrying.

And the most worrying for me, is who the hell will join us in January now. I know football isn't played on paper, but come on, how many points do you think we will get out of Arsenal and Liverpool.

We will then be 3 weeks from the transfer window possibly, or maybe probably in the relegation zone.

And we think we have a chance of Benzama ! we couldn't even attract Bennie from Crossroads if we are near the bottom 3 !

Actually I think we'll fare far better at both Arsenal and Liverpool. They don't play Sam Allardyce physical cheating shitty non-football. We struggle against physical sides like Blackburn not sides who at least try and play the game

Come on AVFC - you're just being ridiculous now.

Before they scored the first, they had free kick after free kick banged in, most of which Fredial was muscled out (sometimes by our own players), it was just a matter of time before one went in. If you can't see that, then sorry mate, you are short sited.

Coupled with the Diouf miss, the Richard Dunne mircale tackle and many more, it could have been a rout.

They aren't clear cut chances though are they? A free-kick into the box isn't a clear cut chance, if they are, we had 8 corners...all clear cut chances. To be honest, as soon as they won the free-kick, I knew they would score, saw the time of the clock, way Pederson was delivering and knew it. Doesn't mean it was a chance. Also, I don't get how you can stop it....Warnock shouldn't of give the free-kick away in the first place, individual error....Friedel flapped at free-kick, individual error. What can Houllier do about that?

And this is Blackburn we are talking about not sodding barcelona

We have played Blackpool, Wolves, West Ham, Blues (home), Blackburn, Newcastle, Stoke, Sunderland

And we are 3 points off the relegation zone - THAT is worrying.

First, how you are putting Sunderland in that group of teams, I don't know. They are a very good side, especially at home, one of the best (at home)

Blackpool - won

Wolves - won

Blues - draw

Blackburn - lost.

West Ham, Newcastle, Stoke....the guy wasn't even in charge.

And the most worrying for me, is who the hell will join us in January now. I know football isn't played on paper, but come on, how many points do you think we will get out of Arsenal and Liverpool.

We will then be 3 weeks from the transfer window possibly, or maybe probably in the relegation zone.

And we think we have a chance of Benzama ! we couldn't even attract Bennie from Crossroads if we are near the bottom 3 !

Well for me, I don't think we need that many players in, by then, Petrov, Delph, Reo-Coker, Heskey, Albrighton, Collins, Cuellar etc will all be fit and available for selections which will make a big difference.

Also, players don't join on just one start to the season. Tottenham at times under performed but managed to attract good player because they are a big club and will get back towards the top, which we will soon.

I expect us to be around 12th going into February because we have a real tough run of games but after that, we really have a great run and should finishing strongly and hopefully into the top 8.

I'd also like to add, I think we'll play better against Arsenal and Liverpool to an extent than Blackburn. We've always struggled against big physical teams like Stoke, Blackburn and played better against the likes of Arsenal especially and even Liverpool. We have WBA and Wigan after that, if we get 7/8 points from those 4 games, we will be back around 8th-10th.

Actually I think we'll fare far better at both Arsenal and Liverpool. They don't play Sam Allardyce physical cheating shitty non-football. We struggle against physical sides like Blackburn not sides who at least try and play the game

It may have been physical, but in no way was it outside the rules, so cheating is wrong IMHO. Besides that, I agree with you that we will be more adept at the moment v Arsenal and Liverpool, reckon 4 points

Agreed. We may not beat Arsenal but I'd be very surprised if we didn't at least play well. I always knew it would be an ugly game today regardless of the result.

It may have been physical, but in no way was it outside the rules, so cheating is wrong IMHO. Besides that, I agree with you that we will be more adept at the moment v Arsenal and Liverpool, reckon 4 points

Falling over, feigning injury and pretending to be dead in order to persuade the ref to stop the game is cheating. They did this more than once. I'll wager that MGP plays in their next game, he may well have gone off but the trainer appeared to spend his entire time on the pitch whispering sweet nothings into his ear before he limped off, never even looked at his supposed injury.

Cheating. It's all Fat Sam's teams ever do.

Â