Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

rjw63

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I'd like him to try something different. The thing is 4-5-1 only really works is if the team can adapt to a 4-3-3 when attacking and thats where i think were struggling, We need to move Downing and Ireland inside just behind Gabby with the 3 behind them, I'm pretty sure Bannan will play. No doubt Gerrard will be back for this game.

15 players including our recognised youth players available. 4 playing with knocks.

Away form dreadful and severe inability to keep a clean sheet.

I can't see anything less than a bit of a tonking, to be honest. With or without Gerrard and Carragher.

------------------------Friedel----------------------------

Young-------Cuellar-------------Collins----------Warnock

Ireland------Hogg---------------Clark-----------Downing

-----------------------Bannan----------------------

-----------------------Gabby-----------------------

Subs:

Guzan

Beye

Dunne

Pires

Herd

Carew

Fonz

Ire

Have very little confidence in Houllier which is obviously unsurprising given our run of results. Needs to change things as its clearly not working.

Go 4-4-2. Warnock into midfield alongside Clark meaning we should be nice and solid. Gabby and Delfouneso up top. Cuellar in for Collins or Dunne. Luke Young to left back, Beye or Lihaj in at right back. Ireland on the right of midfield, Downing on the left.

Not a cat in hells chance that's what Houllier will do though.

As for the score. With my claret and blue specs on my heart says we can get a draw. Head says Liverpool will win by a couple of goals margin.

Genuinely haven't a clue where our next result will come from and I honestly can't remember the last time I felt like that.

Same side as above but I would represent it slightly differently:

------------------------Friedel----------------------------

Young--------Cuellar---------Collins----------Warnock

--------------Hogg---------------Clark-------------------

-----------------------Bannan----------------------------

---- Ireland ------------------------------ Downing -----

------------------------Gabby----------------------------

Subs:

Guzan

Beye

Dunne

Pires

Herd

Carew

Fonz

I want to see Ireland and Downing playing in closer to Gabby and the three CM'ers as a solid three hopefully creating space for Young and Warnock to get further forward.

Ire

GH will have the team up for this no doubt.

and he hasn't previously?

Of course, but I think he'll be really up for this one what with Liverpool being his old club. One of the things he said in his press conference was that he wanted to beat Liverpool.