Match Thread: DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hogg is an aggressive little fecker when he's playing, along with Luke Young and Warnock, so they're the ideal candidates for this game and the wretched style of football Blackburn play.

Maybe too short, though, as most of their central mids are 6'+ and willing to throw their weight around. Might *gasp* Osbourne get a shot?! :shock: May actually be room for him in a midfield three, holding behind Bannan and Pires or Young. He's not a good footballer, but he at least has the size and strength to battle it out and maybe win a few 50-50s in the air, something our midfield hasn't been doing at all, and which just invites pressure, especially late in games.

I can't believe I've just put forth a case for Osbourne. :o

I am really looking forward to this but the one thing that worries me is our lack of height at the minute and Blackburn are the sort of team to capitalise on it.

..and a lack of strength.

I can see big Sam rubbing his hands together here!

Wevw had good news week - got all the plaudits with 2-2 v manu - Bannan signs a new deal - and we sign Pires.

However the stark reality is we still can't defend a lead - not just Manu - but blackpool & fulham. Tomorrow is a key game for me - avoid defeat and I beleive things are moving in the right direction - a defeat and GH has failed to get a grip of tightening things up.

Lot of negativity in this thread about the game tomorrow! Lets just remember us spanking them last season and we should be fine.. (hope the players remember also...)
It's because they're a thuggish hoofball side. Most of our worst performances this season have been against those kinds of teams.

We are actually the worst team in the Premier League for dropping points after getting into the lead.

It is 12 points, and if we didn't drop just half those points, we would be 4th.

Puts things into perspective, if we could hold leads, we'd be right up there.

We are actually the worst team in the Premier League for dropping points after getting into the lead.

Yes - but it is our inability to that - which puts us ninth.

Bit like wolves saying 'if only we could win a few games'

Yes but we know that we can hold the leads. We held our leads nearly every game last season and IMO, were the best in the league at doing that. That's why I'm raising the issue.

It will come, holding our leads, and then we'll rise up the table.

That's what I'm saying.

If we could finish off chances we wouldnt need to defend the leads like we do!

Also I want Gbby left on the field, we don't lose with him playing, and do you know why? Because other teams don't camp in our half, 'cos they're scared of his pace on the break, hence why when he went off against United they then camped in our half and scored twice.

Yes but we know that we can hold the leads. We held our leads nearly every game last season and IMO, were the best in the league at doing that. That's why I'm raising the issue.

It will come, holding our leads, and then we'll rise up the table.

That's what I'm saying.

That's true but last season it was a case of sitting back and grabbing a goal on the counter and once we had that goal it was backs against the wall defending for the rest of the game. That can only get you so far.

does anyone remember gabby's goal in this fixture last season? pretty sure it defied all laws of physics; he fell over while shooting with the side of his foot and the ball curled the opposite way as he appeared to intend it into the bottom corner. very odd.