Jonathan Hogg

Villaninoz

haven't noticed him much, but perhaps that is because Bannan and Albrighton were dominating the midfield.

Haven't noticed Fletcher either, which would suggest to me the Hogg is doing his job well..

Decent 1st half, very promising stuff for the future!

haven't noticed him much, but perhaps that is because Bannan and Albrighton were dominating the midfield.

Haven't noticed Fletcher either, which would suggest to me the Hogg is doing his job well..

Decent 1st half, very promising stuff for the future!

that is a very good point.

He can be proud of himself today, it was always going to be tough playing your first game v Man Utd, especially when they have high energy players such as Park and Fletcher. I loved his one tackle down by the Doug Ellis. Saying that he doesn't look cut out for this level but I think he could have an excellent career lower down. His work rate is fantastic.

I think it's a bit harsh to be claiming he won't make it after one game against one of the best teams in the Prem. I hold them same opinion myself by the way, I just think it shouldn't really be mentioned after he did a great job nullifying Fletcher and, whilst clearly nervous, kept it calm and put in a good shift. Give him some credit,....He might not make it, but don't swing the axe yet.

I liked some of his tackles and defensive work, but his passing skills dont seem the best. Did a lot of the dirty work and let Bannan run the show in the middle, he was never going to get a lot of the ball in this match. He did a good job.

I think it's a bit harsh to be claiming he won't make it after one game against one of the best teams in the Prem.

it's not just the 1 game. He's played in Europe (or the carling, can't recall) too. Did nothing either then.

I just don't think this is his level TBH.

Compare and contrast to Bazza Bannan.

I think it's a bit harsh to be claiming he won't make it after one game against one of the best teams in the Prem.

it's not just the 1 game. He's played in Europe (or the carling, can't recall) too. Did nothing either then.

I just don't think this is his level TBH.

Compare and contrast to Bazza Bannan.

Bannan spent a long time out on loan with Blackpool.

Give the lad time.

The game definitely pass him by in the first half, luckily in the second half we used the wings more and he looked pretty decent and a good tackler. Think a season on loan would help him this season, because will only develop with game time, could be pushing the first teamers in a couple of years and not a bad back up.

Cant believe some of the negative comments about the young lad, thought he acquitted himself very well. He must have been nervous and it showed at times, but he battled and contributed to a superb team perfprmance. Instead of slagging the lad off, he should be praised for his attitude and effort. It wasnt exactly a pub team he was making his premiership debut against. Great to be written off after two first team games

Â