spending money in Prague

Woodytom

Going prague end of the month. Just basically want some idea of how much to put aside.

The most I will have available in theory is £300

All hotels paid for etc. I wont buy any souvenirs etc. My girlfriend will walk round with her camera all day while I moan if we can go for a beer - watch the cup game etc?

There for 3 full days -

food out both lunch and dinner, and beer will be my only main expense as we are right in the centre and will walk everywhere.

Ive heard a lot about how you can go in one place and a beer is 50p, whilst others are £3 but a lot of websites ive looked on are from 2006/2007.

So basically, has anyone been recently (in current climate)? And is £300 enough?

Cheers

Woodytom

I went a couple of years ago, and it really depends on where you eat and drink. The bars/restaurants in and immediately around Old Town Square (which is lovely BTW) tend to be similar (or even higher) prices to here. But if you walk just a little way away in any direction, the prices drop - we had a three course meal (basic, but perfectly OK) with a bottle of wine for about £5 each in a little place near Kafka's apartment (can't remember the street name).

There's a good (and cheapish) little pub just underneath the Charles Bridge (on the castle side of the river).

As Dante said, a lads' clubbing weekend (Wenceslas Square) would probably be considerably more pricey, but I wouldn't know!

So, shop around.

£100 a day should be easily enough if you have paid for your hotels.

Beer is about £1.50 a pint and meals should be about £10. I can't see where you'd be spending the rest of the money actually. I gues it depends on how you like to travel though.

Do a free walking tour, most attractions are free. Can't see it being a problem.

£300 , are you planning on buying a house !!

I think the Irish pub near Wenceslas square was bloody expensive but other than that it was fairly cheap and I can't see you blowing £300 unless you end up buying lots of stuff off the stalls on Charles Bridge

Watch out for pick pockets on the trams

£300 , are you planning on buying a house !!

I think the Irish pub near Wenceslas square was bloody expensive but other than that it was fairly cheap and I can't see you blowing £300 unless you end up buying lots of stuff off the stalls on Charles Bridge

Watch out for pick pockets on the trams

This makes me feel ace. Could I get seriously tanked on say £30? :D

I went in about 1996 for a week, and spend about £70, which included being out until about 5am everyday getting as plastered as possible. It was 10-20p a pint in most places, with a decent meal for a couple of quid. That was pre-stag do culture though.

Could I get seriously tanked on say £30?

Absolutely.

I don't know where you are staying, but if it isn't in the very centre then your best bet is probably to have a few drinks around your hotel somewhere before you head off into town proper. Unless it has changed in the last 16 or so months, you can still get a pint for £40-60p in a lot of places.

Â