Match Thread: DO NOT ASK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Redditch_Villa

Surely if Sidwell's is an old one the club wouldnt choose to operate in the middle of an injury crisis, id have thought they'd put it off for a month which by that time Stan would be back and Delph being eased back.

Any news on Reo Coker?

I have no facts to base this on, but I would have thought that it would ultimately be Sidwell's choice for when he has the op.

I reckon the club would try to influence or ask him to delay it, but if the pain increases, it should be the individuals decision to play on or not.

I think Reo was confirmed to be out for 2 or 3 weeks.

I think the team will be:

Friedel

L Young Collins Dunne Warnock

Albrighton Bannan Clark Downing

Ireland

Fonz

That is undoubtedly what the team SHOULD be based on form alone. That said, I wouldnt fault Houllier for bottling the decision to drop Young.

Ditto. I would like to see the same team at Fulham with Ireland replacing Young.

This. Ireland HAS to be given the chance to prove himself for more than the odd ten minutes here and there.By his showing at Fulham, I think we would have possibly won the game convincingly had he had longer.

Ash is a pretty tireless grafter and, admittedly, he's proved the difference a few times for us but its a bit obvious to all when his form does dip.

Cant believe we are talking this way in the first week of November, but it really is must win game!

Comfortable win by 3 or more, we are above Spurs and can start planning for january.

A win on any kind and it will at least (or should) put us top half, and only a matter of goals from the Top 8 - which, lets face it, is the minimum we should be looking at.

Anything other than a win and we really will be looking at a lower half / relegation battle.

However, optimism overcomes me - 4-0 !

(I agree wih dropping Ash - or very least putting him back on the wing. I would lik eto know how many goals he has scored from open play, and when the last one was, Everton away i nthe last minute springs to mind and how long ago was that !)

Even when he's not playing well, Ashley Young can win a game single-handedly.

I don't really agree with this. The only time I can think of him doing it is against Everton with that great goal. He's hardly Ronaldo.

As it stands, he seems to run into players when he has the ball or shoots like a 12 year old. I'd like to see him on the bench.

(I agree wih dropping Ash - or very least putting him back on the wing. I would lik eto know how many goals he has scored from open play, and when the last one was, Everton away i nthe last minute springs to mind and how long ago was that !)

Bolton away end of last season, quite a special goal!

A win on any kind and it will at least (or should) put us top half, and only a matter of goals from the Top 8 - which, lets face it, is the minimum we should be looking at.

Anything other than a win and we really will be looking at a lower half / relegation battle.

:lol:

Jesus this is one important game.

Lose it and we're in a relegation battle?

Ridiculous.

I still can't get that octopus out my head, freaking word removed.. he's got me all cautious now, we better not loose this game or else i'm blaming that octopus.. i was really optimisic about this match before that octopus chose blackpool, and apparently it chose it after sometime so it better not be a dodgy goal or something.. word removed octopus got everything right so far aswell... :|

Anyway UTV :lol:

:lol:

Jesus this is one important game.

Lose it and we're in a relegation battle?

Ridiculous.

On one match alone I agree, but I would say confidence in the team must be getting pretty low now after a few bad results. We've seen before how fragile our teams confidence can be. Lose this game, then we're up against it and looking to get something substantial from the next few games and they're a tough set of fixtures. Lose those, and we do find ourselves sitting very uncomfortably as we approach Christmas. When you're down there it all becomes very tense, and with the youngsters having to learn at the wrong end of the table.

We need our big reputation players [Downing and A.Young] to really shine tonight.

I personally would give Bannan the shirt because he impressed me when he came on against the scum, set up the goal against fulham and is playing his old team so should want to make his mark.

Just read the stat we've only scored twice in the 2nd half this season. which is a disgrace.

Ireland and Agbonlahor to come on 70mins and change things if the shits hitting the fan.

3 points is the only option tonight with man utd at the weekend.

VILLA: Friedel; L Young, Dunne, Collins, Warnock; Albrighton, Clark, Bannan, Downing; Young, Delfouneso. Subs: Lichaj, Guzan, Beye, Ireland, Agbonlahor, Hogg, Johnson.

Blackpool resting 10 player?

Blackpool resting 10 players? Really!?

Our team is quite exciting really, even if it is a long way from being our strongest.