• Downing
    • A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Reo-Coker
    • Bannan
    • Delfouneso
    • Clark (for Reo-Coker 33)
    • Ireland (for Delfouneso 87)

The player who did disappoint imo was Ashley Young.

Hmm, what is wrong with him lately. From the commentary you wouldnt even have realised he was on the pitch, was all about banan and co. from what I heard.

I didn't think Young was that bad to be honest. Second half he linked up with Albrighton a couple of times like they had been playing together for years.

You get young kids come through and the media will have a wankfest over them all day long. Build 'em up to shoot 'em down.

The worst person for it is Motson. Watch an England game and he comes close to ejaculating as soon as Rooney touches the ball, despite the fact that Rooney is a massive disappointment. You would think nobody else was on the pitch judging by his bullshit alone.

I watch a lot of my football with the sound off because of these cockmasters...

Didn't see the game, but sounds like we played well. Just looked at the stats, we had roughly the same amount of chances and they had slightly more possesion, albeit at their place, so de we really deserve to win, did we have better chances or something?

did we have better chances or something?

Better and more chances, should have been 3/4-0, the number of times I had my head in my hands was unreal, so gutting to have 3 points snatched away like that...Very, very postive attacking football apart from the finishing, defo something that needs to be worked on.

I'm one of the few not slitting their wrists then. Did no-one else notice we had 4 strikers out, 4 important or promising midfielders out and 4 academy kids playing in a Premier League game, and we nearly won it?

Encouraging, just got to stop conceding silly late goals!

Bannan was awesome.

I'm with you & everything you said ^^^

Back from the match after a 340 mile round trip; I've spent the past few minutes reading this thread and must say I'm appalled at the majority of (negative) comments.

Personally, I had a good day. Lunch with the wife sitting in the sun outside a cafe on Fulham Palace Road opposite Bishops Park. Then a stroll south to Putney Bridge, across the river on the east side, over the road and back on the west side then a stroll through the park including another bask in the sun by the Thames. Quick chat with DW outside the away entrance and then into the ground. Great to be able to mingle inside the ground with the Fulham fans with a good atmosphere and absolutely no hint of any trouble - a far cry from just six days prior; oh for every away game to be like this!

Onto the game. Having been to every game bar Vienna away this season I thought this was the best performance since the opening day, particularly taking account of the enforced changes, including Clark once NRC had to go off injured.

Albrighton's goal will struggle to be bettered this season - brilliant crossfield pass from Bannan and MA's first touch was sublime; it gave him the time he needed to be ahead of the defender in order to score. I can't wait to see it again on MOTD.

Bannan was absolutely brilliant all game; what a performance - he has got to play in central midfield henceforth - he did everything, long passes (as for the goal) interceptions, short passes, plenty of energy and controlled aggression. He looked like he'd been playing there for years.

Who needs Barry when we've got Barry Bannan?

Ohhhhhhh, Barry Bannan.

Ciaran Clark had an excellent game. As one previous poster has commented, and as I and others commented at the game, he has the potential to make the transition from defence to midfield as GB did, and he's quicker!

Marc Albrighton had another good game; plenty of energy like BB and did some great tackes, and winning back of the ball several times after being dispossessed. It is churlish to blame him for the equaliser. He is the future of this Club.

Whilst Nathan Delfouneso was not quite so commanding in his performance as these three, then 'give him time'. His positioning got better the longer the game went on - I felt he was drifting out to the wings in the first half - and he just needs more confidence in front of goal.

Other sundry comments: Downing did some great passes into the box. Warnock / Dunne are 'getting there' and were much improved on their respective first half performances at Sunderland. Yes, I am a bit worried as to whether Ashley Young is playing for himself or the team.

Finally, the away support was fantastic today. Constant and loud throughout the game - easily the best away this season and I felt sorry for the players that the last minute goal meant they did not get the applause at the end that they deserved.

Yes, we do need the points, and a clinical finisher would help in this, but I'd rather dwell this evening on the players who have come through the ranks and who have done the Club proud this afternoon.

P.S. one_ian_taylor: Yes, my wife said during the game that BB reminded her of Gordon Cowans and I would agree with you both on that one.

Agree with this. You should post more often mate

Admittedly I was too pissed to fully analyse the game, but, what I do know is that Ashley Young is VASTLY over-rated.

Milner used to often carry our team - he had the ability to do that - but when can the same be said for Ashley Young? Very rarely, if at all.

For all the drama about him signing a new contract - as long as we got £12-15million for him and made a small profit I would not be overly devastated to see him leave.

He turns inside, then the other way, then back again, then the other way... and then, yes you've guessed the pattern by now. People of his supposed quality should be able to produce real moments of brilliance in games like this, instead he just missed a great chance and was pretty anonymous throughout.

I think the crux of the problem with Ashley Young in my book is that there is never (okay, rarely) any end product. Yes, Mark Albrighton might lose the ball and make mistakes, but he also has an end product which is far more clinical than anything I've seen from Mr Young in the last two years.

Gutting result despite a decent performance from the youngsters. The current injury situation is pretty unprescedented compared to O'Neill who was always pretty lucky when it came to the squad staying fit. We are now seeing the stark reality that our squad is woefully inadequate for where we were competing for last season.

That, of course, is not Houiller's fault and I still firmly believe he will guide us clear of any problems this season and build from there. That said, games like yesterday and Blackpool on Wednesday are one's we need to be winning because after that we have a very difficult set of fixtures. I appreciate it is early days and I appreciate we are arguably playing better football but to be honest it is points not performances that matter and we are just simply not getting enough points at the moment which is quite worrying.

Big game on Wednesday.

Very dissapointed not to have come away with a point as really should have been 3

Was a decent performace really loads chances just wouldnt stick em away id worry if we didnt create chances but we are

Bannan had a very good game but to be fair most young lads did Albrighton giving the free kick away was silly but he wil learn

Fans were fantastic Fulham always a good day out

Very dissapointed not to have come away with a point as really should have been 3

We DID come away with a point Andy - but I know what you mean, it felt like a loss! In fact, we were saying that when virtually the same happened at Stoke earlier in the season, although we lost that game, we had dropped only one point from a drawing position. This time, we were in a winning position and dropped to a draw - thereby losing two points - gutted.

Great atmosphere though and great meal before the game at a little cafe nearby. Love going to Fulham, one of my favourites.

The "shoes off" thing was good, but didn't Newcastle do it first?

From my vantage with shoe aloft just to the left of the goal:

Brad - 8

L Young - 7

Warnock - 6

RBD - 7

Big Jimbo - 7

Coker - 7 (Clark - 7)

Bannan - 9

Downing - 7

Alby - 8

Asher - 7

Big Nate - 6

Bannan and Alby clearly the stars of the show for me. All in all, very encouraging ....

Just come back into my home, turn on TV....and equalizer. Straight a **** way.

This happened to me as well. Flicked on Sky Sports News thinking the game must have finished, and Jeff Stelling was saying the dreaded words. "Villa looking so much in control for most of the game, but there has been a late twist. Gutted. :cry:

Our season is hanging in the balance at the moment, if we can't gain some momentum soon then we can write this season off. The one thing that concerns me is our lack of options up front. Even if fully fit our front line (with the exception of Gabby) doesn't strike fear into the opposition. This need addressing urgently.

We DID come away with a point Andy - but I know what you mean, it felt like a loss! In fact, we were saying that when virtually the same happened at Stoke earlier in the season, although we lost that game, we had dropped only one point from a drawing position. This time, we were in a winning position and dropped to a draw - thereby losing two points - gutted.

Great atmosphere though and great meal before the game at a little cafe nearby. Love going to Fulham, one of my favourites.

The "shoes off" thing was good, but didn't Newcastle do it first?

Got a point and was better then having none but really should been 3 chances for us just couldnt put em away. Atmosphere at Fulham is always good every seasn we seem to have a good day out there

First time logging in since the match so can't vote anymore but Bannan motm for me, he was brilliant especially first half. What a ball to pick out Alby for the goal!

All in all it was a very promising performance, fantastic games by Bannan, Albrighton, Clark and to a slightly lesser extent though I was still impressed Fonz. Our failure to see out games let us down again but I would have taken a draw away at Fulham before kick off so it is just a very disappointing manner to lose two points.

Thought Ireland looked good when he came on too.

Â