I also started a Villa Park project in Minecraft a week ago or, so.

Just found out, to my big frustration that I'be built the Ellis Stand about 30 metres too short. And having made half of the fasade, and it being all symmetrical, that is very frustrating. It means I have to build the whole fasade over again :(

fasade.jpg

AWESOMMME another VP project. We can totally geek out about the dimensions of our models and shiii'

The biggest **** up I've made on my model is building it all on the same level - which isn't accurate as there is a substantial incline on the corner of the Trinity & North stand. I havent built the exterior for the Trinity yet, but I know I do have enough height to play around with outside that stand so I can build the Trinity road steps, but the 'slope' down the side of the players/officials car park (and the few steps at the front of the North Stand, actually) is pretty mch impossible for me now, without redoing a **** load of work.

Yeah, I also noticed the incline, but havent started Trinity yet, so hopefully I'll prepare so I don't run into those kinds of troubles.

I found Google Earth to be very helpful, because they have a scale (?). I found I've built Ellis to deep, it's about 10 metres deeper than it should be. North Stand was more or less spot on, though.

Spent bigger parts of this day rebuilding the outside of Ellis after Google Earth came into the picture :P

fasade.jpg

Northstand.jpg

Inside.jpg

EllisNorthcorner.jpg

Ah, are you building it in creative then? Or is that classic? There was a really useful feature with the 1.1 update which allows you to generate a perfectly flat world, which would be perfect for building on. I kind of like the background with the hills and trees in the background though...plus there's the quirk of having VP next to the ocean :lol:

Here's some more recent pics from mine

20120113213940.jpg

20120113214004.jpg

20120113214144.jpg

^ You can tell here that teh entrances to the North Stand are all level with the rest of the ground, which isnt accurate, but hey ho. In fact, neither are the entrances, but when building the interior (the stairs initially) I realised that there was not way to build the stairs properly, not as they in the North Stand. So I compromised, and moved the entrances to suit.

20120113214217.jpg

20120225001941.jpg

^ I got bored of making the stands and interiors at one point and made the road and that basket ball court instead :) Unlike the North Stand, the entrances do correspond pretty well with their real world counterparts

Yeah, I'm building in creative mode. Didn't know about the flat earth-feature, but TNT is my friend!

Have had a little break for a week, but now I've started the Holte. Been looking forward to that all along :D

How's the Holte coming along, fasadewise for your part?

It does have one now!

20120304174929.jpg

As for the facade of the Holte, it's the same as the Trinity at the moment - non-existant

20120304175118.jpg

You'll have to excuse the sucky/dark look of these pics - I downloaded the new update so my texture pack and SPC are out of date

I don't want to be negative, as that's awesome and I'd never be able to have the patience to build that.

But is the Holte End wide enough? Looks a bit narrow?

Quite right - as I'm sure you know the Holte End pretty infamously 'overlaps' with the Doug, which I haven't really taken into account at all. I just built in the tunnel gap thing on the corner of the Holte/Doug, which is for ambulances/trucks/whatever, and then put in the rows of 'seats' next to that. The only way for me to position the tunnel/gap in the right place at the right angle and have the Holte overlapping like it shoud would have been to move the Holte further back from the pitch, which I didn't want to do. So I compromised :) I discovered that when working in the confines of 1x1x1 metre blocks you have to compromise ALOT on a build like this. Interiors are a NIGHTMARE. You think you'll have tons of room inside to have a few floors, and plenty of space to walk around in, but it doesnt quite work out that way when you start erecting stairs and stuff.

Which is pretty much why I havent touched it in a good month or two. The next part for me to tackle would be the corner of the Holte/Trinity, and the sky lounge/boxes/whatever theyre called. Theyre all positioned on kind of a slant to the pitch, which will be pretty tough to replicate without it looking terrible. But, as I said, compromise...

What you should have done, is scaled it up.

So each block actually represented a square inch, rather than a square metre.

You should probably start all over again. Let us know how you get on ;)

whoooooa could you imagine that. Walking around a giant VP like an ant. It might just be possible, now that the height limit has been increased...

whoooooa could you imagine that. Walking around a giant VP like an ant. It might just be possible, now that the height limit has been increased...

Define 'possible' ;)

Well, actually, it isnt possible :) The new height limit is 256, so with a 1x1x1 inch block scale it'd only be ~21 feet tall, max.

But, yeah. There are definetely alot of compromising with the 1metre^3 blocks.

Currently working on the facade of Holte End, and it's shaping up nicely.

holteend.jpg

So, at the Trinity side, the road outside is a few metres elevated, compared to the pitch, right? Do you have any plans making the interior of the stands, by the way? I want to do them, but I probably can't as I have no idea how they look inside, for the most part.

So, at the Trinity side, the road outside is a few metres elevated, compared to the pitch, right? Do you have any plans making the interior of the stands, by the way? I want to do them, but I probably can't as I have no idea how they look inside, for the most part.

Yeh, I completed the interior of the North and most of the Doug. I mentioned about 'compromise' earlier in the thread, and basically that's what it came down to. It's in NO WAY accurate to the real thing at all, but what you can do is walk into the stand through a 'turnstile', go up the stairs (I actually built a water lift too :P) to the seats, go to a box, which are fitted with a table/chair/bar, etc. and I built the reception in the North Stand too, although that was just guess work really. I'll have to post some pics, can't at the mo though as I'm at work.

And yeh, the road is 'above' the pitch on the Lower Trinity side. I know that part of the ground very well as it's were my season ticket is, so in theory I should be able to replicate that part better than the rest...if/when I get round to it...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Â