• Collins
    • Sidwell
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Reo-Coker
    • Heskey
    • Bannan (for Sidwell 58)
    • Carew (for Reo-Coker 82)

At least NRC showed that he'd give his left bollock for the cause today. I'd rather have that than him offering the SHA players tea and biscuits.

I couldn't agree more, he showed the fight needed for a game like this.

Clark - 6 - Basically did Petrov's job as good as Petrov could. Just backwards and sideways passes (just like Petrov) and should've scored...

should have scored? he was punched in the head by the keeper and fouled by the defender and still got to the ball before either of them.

It should have been a penalty

Clark - 6 - Basically did Petrov's job as good as Petrov could. Just backwards and sideways passes (just like Petrov) and should've scored...

should have scored? he was punched in the head by the keeper and fouled by the defender and still got to the ball before either of them.

It should have been a penalty

I agree Bickster, I didn't understand why nobody was appealing. Looked like he got fist and high boot at the same time.

At least NRC showed that he'd give his left bollock for the cause today. I'd rather have that than him offering the SHA players tea and biscuits.

That's all well and good, but he could have been sent off for kicking out at Gardner and the way he continued his bickering showed that he might have been sent off if he had stayed on the pitch.

That was without question 90 minutes i would like back. Utter, utter garbage. Houllier needs to buck his **** ideas up asap.

My stand out points:

NRC - Man of the match by a country mile. Without him Blues would have thraped us. His energy, drive and yes, occasional temper problems highlights one alarming factor: He **** cares. Im glad he lost his rag, weve been a bunch of pussies as a team for as long as I can remember, we need a nasty streak and he provides one. Yes, he's not Zidane in the skills department, but he's also not Steve Sidwell, who i will come to later. He wins the ball, and gives it to others to create goals. Its not his fault that today he had a Centre back masquerading as a midfielder and Steve **** Sidwell as his fellow midfield troops.

Steve Sidwell - Who? Get him out. Appalling signing.

Ciaran Clark - Good game, surprised me. If only he could have scored at the end.

Richard Dunne - I now see why the Citeh fans told us to expect at least one **** up a game. He's a liability, and should be dropped. Cuellar in. I understand Zigic is 17ft 8" tall, but Dunne was no way near him on the majority of Blues corners and free kicks. Must do better. Cameron Jerome had the better of him, bad times.

Emile Heskey - We could have had Cristiano Ronaldo up front, but he would have made zero difference given the appalling service from the most defensive midfield possible. Heskey won the headers, made some nice runs and is doing ok despite playing in front of a central midfield bereft of any creativity.

Ashley Young & Stewart Downing - They did ok. But when your crossing a ball into the box, and have only Heskey to pick out amongst 6/7 Blues players, it was always going to be a difficult game for them. The three centre mids being so defensive made it difficult for the whole team today. I can only presume they were told to stay back.

Gerard Houllier - I know there are players missing and he's new to the Second City Derby, but to so obviously play for a draw at home against Blues is unacceptable. Stephen Ireland must be thinking he's made the biggest mistake in his life (ignoring his pink car). For Sidwell, Clark and Bananaman to all be in front of him in the pecking order is bonkers. Im not impressed at all so far with Mr Houllier and I expect some **** magic in January to freshen up what was a top 6, yes, top 6, team last season.

Randy Lerner - Open your wallet. Please?

why does dunne start? Almost gave away the match, jerome abused him.

Everyone can see cc is better. Contract clause for dunney? Naked gh pics?Nigel kennedy is at the bartons arms drinking next to us.

He's been in a few times last couple of seasons

That's all well and good, but he could have been sent off for kicking out at Gardner and the way he continued his bickering showed that he might have been sent off if he had stayed on the pitch.

He didn't 'kick out'. He would have been sent off if he had. What he did do was unnecessarily aggressive, yes, and warranted a yellow but isn't really something that worries me considering he's our DCM.

Far to much negativity on here. I thought Heskey was very good. Downing wasn't really in the game. Clark played well. How can Houllier be called defensive when he brings bannan on and then carew? I think we shaded the game and had the better chances.

Motm Heskey.

Loads of trouble after the game on the witton rd. Scrapping and flares being thrown.

He didn't 'kick out'. He would have been sent off if he had. What he did do was unnecessarily aggressive, yes, and warranted a yellow but isn't really something that worries me considering he's our DCM.

erm, he did, he booted Gardner when they were both on the ground

This team will be closer to the bottom than the top imo, no ideas no goals no quality and too many squad players in the 1st team, we've got to stop deluding ourselves and come down to earth and realise at the current were a very average team.

But now we are using our squad players.

Have gotten an impression here that it is the magic formula that will fix both the result and our wages to turnover....

How can Houllier be called defensive when he brings bannan on and then carew?

He started with 3 defensive midfielders who are all pretty useless going forward, and Heskey up front alone.

I have to say I thought that performance although there were a few positives was by and large shite.

The first half was shocking and the second half although a small improvement was also pretty bloody bad.

We may be passing the ball a bit better but I really can't see anything other than mid table for us this season we look a very very average side.

How can Houllier be called defensive when he brings bannan on and then carew?

He started with 3 defensive midfielders who are all pretty useless going forward, and Heskey up front alone.

he played a 451/433 i dont think its fair to say he was negative. What other options did he have? Ireland has hardly looked good lately.

I was baffled at the formation, and does GH not rate Cuellar at all. However, as other have said we have key injuries, and alot of shite players. there's not much more GH can do. I still think it will all come good, can't wait for Jan to come. We're in desperate need of a REVAMP!

We were without key players and in the circumstances with what was at stake i think that was a fair result. Lets put it this way they had a full strength team and could still not beat us! With Gabby back it will make a massive difference to us in the cup game.

disgraceful result. we only started playing when they went 4-4-2 with about 10 mins left we swiftly followed.

Clarke was very composed in possession, Bannan played well when he came on.

Ashley Young didn't get enough of the ball neither did Downing. Heskey worked hard.

The future is bleak thanks to the yank boards cost cutting. Frenchman had the chance to warm himself to the fans by beating the filth. Instead he picks a 5 man midfield full of stoppers.

I fear for the league cup clash.

Â