• Collins
    • Sidwell
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Reo-Coker
    • Heskey
    • Bannan (for Sidwell 58)
    • Carew (for Reo-Coker 82)

Really worried with Houllier to be honest - he is just so negative.

Two home games on the trot - one vs Burnley and one vs Blues.

The first we play a 4-6-0 formation and the second one we play one up front with that player being Heskey!

When I saw our team line up I thought the only possible players who will score for us are Downing, Young or Heskey. The other 8 no chance!

Must do a lot better.

You know something is wrong when NRC is the captain of your club.

Lacking up front I want to see the back of Heskey, Carew.

We're getting dangerously close to the relegation zone our points total is awful so far :( Are we to big to go down? :o

Positives: bannan plays a little bit like messi, all beeit a value version.

How was suprised how poor they were? They could have beaten us really if they wasn't so negative.

The ref p!ssed me off all games proper jobsworth and wtf at the injury time?

I'd like to know why we played without a left winger. To replace him with a CB playing CM :?

Eh?

Downing played LW.

He was RW? At least first half. Lets say 'without two wingers' then.

I'd like to know why we played without a left winger. To replace him with a CB playing CM :?

Eh?

Downing played LW.

Young played out wide most of the game....

4-5-1, Young Clark Coker Sidwell Downing.

Young did have a bit of license to wonder at times though.

Eh?

Downing played LW.

Young played out wide most of the game....

4-5-1, Young Clark Coker Sidwell Downing.

Young did have a bit of license to wonder at times though.

Young played behind Heskey most of the game, he even mostly defended as a striker ie. centrally blocking the passing lanes for their CB's. Defensively either Young/Sidwell/NRC scrambled to left every time Carr went forward.

It was a bit of a mess, good enough defensively I suppose with Clark in the middle leaving the others the freedom to go to left but attacking wise it didn't work at all, ultra-negative and with all our CM's being a bit rubbish going forward it just leaves Young/Downing/Heskey too much to do.

Dreadful match. Dreadful. Lacking in... well, anything.

Continued his arguments from the game. Refused to shake Johnsons hand and had to be dragged away by Ashley Young of all people.

I can see where the contretemps came from now, it's not the way a captain should behave.

A shame because he played quite well, for him.

Not surprised. He gained a bit of a reputation at West Ham for, in private, being some what of a cock.

This team will be closer to the bottom than the top imo, no ideas no goals no quality and too many squad players in the 1st team, we've got to stop deluding ourselves and come down to earth and realise at the current were a very average team.

Positives:

We didn't concede.

Ciaran Clark was by far the biggest positive. Looked very composed on the ball, played things simple and looks a real player.

Negatives:

Non-existant attack.

Reo-Coker's low IQ.

Ashley Young trying way to much.

James Collins and his long balls. And his pointless runs forward.

No Carlos Cuellar.

Sidwell.

Dunne having his moment of madness as per usual.

poor game but i blame managers choice of 4 5 1 at home, nrc coming off was wrong in my opinion and delf should of been used, even so bringing carew on with only 10 mins left was a joke! downing was poor!

Friedel - 7 - Solid, mistake free. All you can ask from a day like today.

L. Young - 6.5 - Showed he's better than Beye and made some good runs

Collins - 6 - Nothing to write home about

Dunne - 5.5 - Jerome really dominated him late and was lucky not to be at fault for possible goal.

Warnock - 6 - Okay defending, no forward runs

Clark - 6 - Basically did Petrov's job as good as Petrov could. Just backwards and sideways passes (just like Petrov) and should've scored...

Sidwell - 5.5 - Really average

NRC - 6.5 - Strong, determined, and won a lot of balls. Needs to control himself more, but our best midfielder now

Ashley - 6 - Too much "watch my footwork" then nothing coming from it, but still has all the talent in the world. Very predictable

Downing - 5 - Didn't do anything and looked lost, but I don't really blame him. Never played right wing.

Heskey - 6 - Did alright I thought. ZERO support in first half. Strong, but still not a finisher

Bannan - 7 - Actually did really well. Loads of effort and some quality too. MOTM if anyone gets it.

Carew - 5.5 - Bad passes, did have a good header that Clark should've finished

Houllier - 5 - This is tough. There's so many injuries and everything I don't know what to make of him. I like the fact he is trying to implement passing and whatnot, but I don't get the feeling he'll lead us anywhere great. Hopefully he's given money to sign people.

poor game but i blame managers choice of 4 5 1 at home, nrc coming off was wrong in my opinion and delf should have been used, even so bringing carew on with only 10 mins left was a joke! downing was poor!

i think nrc came off to avoid a red card

The showing of the game is delayed over here and was going to watch it later; I think I will just forward it to the last 5 minutes as that seems to be where the action is. Seems like a very tight game that we could of taken at the end. It was never going to be a pretty affair but the lack of chances is very worrying. 55% posssession to Villa according to the BBC, we need to be creating more with that amount of timeon the ball.

Bring on Fulham.

Â