Nintendo DS or Sony PSP

TomIsADeftone

Nintendo DS or Sony PSP  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Nintendo DS or Sony PSP

• DS
    • PSP

DS wins this for me, I'm a huge, huge,huge nintendo fan boy, i grew up on them, so i have to back them everytime on principal.

On a none biased view, the only thing i like about the PSP is that you can play PES, but its not even online so i'd get bored of it quickly.

As for the DS i love you, I only have four games, but i have hardly stopped playing them since i bought them, games are:

Super Mario 64 DS (a classic and playable over and over again)

Mario Kart DS (Superb, all the fun of Snes and 64 versions but you can anyone in the world)

Kirby's Canvas Curse (what the touch screen was made for, a game entirely based on using the stylus, neat control and special moves plus tons of side games and levels to battle through)

Animal Crossing, Wild World (Similar to the sims only better, Imagine sims but with Animals, create ur own town and house, design ur own clothes, decorate your house, work in a shop, tons and tons of things to do. and now you can join someone across the world to get more tasks to do)

There's no arguement for me, the four games i've listed kill whatever the PSP can do, least forgetting WarioWare Touched, Metroid, Monkey Ball, Nintendogs and new zelda in the works and new Super Mario Bros game due to be released later this year.

Nintendo have also developed a web brower to be work as a cart, simply place the cart in the normal game slot, get a wifi connection and you use the internet via an Opera App.

As for people who wish to get video/images/music may i suggest this: Advance Media Player. This is a device that you slot into the GBA hole in a ds, aslong as you have mediacard you can upload movies/mp3s and images to be played through your ds via this cart. Have alook on ebay as they go quite cheap.

Ill be getting a DS lite as soon as they are out.

For me, the DS shits on the PSP as a gaming machine, and sales figures in the home of gaming, Japan, demonstrate this. The DS is the best selling machine over there bar none, i think its getting on for 60% of the market over the last couple of months. Its creaming the PSP, PS2, Xbox, 360, and PC. Mainly because over there, the general public are more knowledgeable about games and are imprssed by software and not hardware.

Sure, the PSP is shinier, and it has the word "sony" on it, but to we really need to play half arsed conversions of three year old PS2 games and EA sports rehashed annual update shite? I certainly dont.

I'll be getting a DS as soon as I'm sick of Warcraft. So basically never then!

I've always been a big Nintendo fan. Games like Mario and Zelda are jst works of pure gaming genius.

I have had both and the reason I vote PSP is simple. It is much easier to play when you are on a train. The DS is brilliant and I will most likely be getting a DS Lite when they come out but I just think the PSP is much easier to handle (and no I'm not just bitter beacause I lost a stylus on the train...........................wel maybe a bit)

There is internal memory.

The D-Pad and Buttons have been moved up the machine slightly, apparently its more comfortable to hold.

Screen has three light settings now for battery efficency.

It looks cooler. Aesthetics have been the DS's main sticking point in the west.

the psp wins hands down for me for loads of reasons.

the graphics are 10 times better than the ds, and the fact that you can play mp3s and umds along with looking at pictures and you can get on the internet and more importantly VT!

the ds might be cheaper but the psp is miles better

Just looked at the DS games out now/coming out soon and have to say that the line up is more exciting than PSP at the moment. Mario & Luigi looks superb, Animal Crossing of course, Resident Evil :hooray: , Monkey Ball, Trauma Centre and Phoenix Wright. Whereas the PSP has lemmings, Splinter Cell (which will see a different version on DS no doubt), Football Manager and not a lot else.

Ill be getting a DS lite as soon as they are out.

For me, the DS shits on the PSP as a gaming machine, and sales figures in the home of gaming, Japan, demonstrate this. The DS is the best selling machine over there bar none, i think its getting on for 60% of the market over the last couple of months. Its creaming the PSP, PS2, Xbox, 360, and PC. Mainly because over there, the general public are more knowledgeable about games and are imprssed by software and not hardware.

proof of this are held here

After looking at IGN, i'm further excited by the DS,

New arrivals in america soon are: Super Princess Peach, Metroid Prime:Hunters, Tetris DS, Worms:Open Warfare, New Super Mario Bros, Turok Next, DS Web Browser, Pheonix Wright 2, Legend Of Zelda DS and Winning Eleven.

Finally PES comes to the DS, i can't wait for it. It's gonna have full online area like for the pc and xbox versions.

why are ninentdo creating more games for their DS than the gamecube? its really starting to get on my nerves.

Gamecube has run its life in the west, and are gearing up for for the revolution.

Potentially Legend Of Zelda:Twilight Princess will be the last game for the gamecube and the first for the revolution.

is there any news on the new revolution? ive seen the controllers and the console it looks the bollocks. cant wait for it to come out.

Not much is known at all, there's no release line-up of games, only confirmed feature is backward compatability with other nintendo consoles. ie. Gamecube games will be playable, and Snes,N64,Nes,GBA and GBA colour games will be downloadable from an online network.

Other than that they're keeping it under they're hats.

Â