carling cup draw

Demitri_C

If it is to be SHA, I'd actually prefer it to be at their place. I couldn't bear having 6,500 of them at VP, whilst we would probably get the whole of the Railway End there.

there is no way that the police would allow that many away fans at either game

They don't have a say in how many away fans are allowed at a game, the minimum allocation is part of the rules of the competition. Never ever heard of an instance where the Police have been able to influence the numbers of fans attending a game. Kick-off times will be altered on their advice (see Sundays silly kick off for that) but actual numbers attending? Not sure they have the power to do that.

Do away fans get double the allocation in CC games aswell as FA cup games?

If it is to be SHA, I'd actually prefer it to be at their place. I couldn't bear having 6,500 of them at VP, whilst we would probably get the whole of the Railway End there.

They don't have a say in how many away fans are allowed at a game, the minimum allocation is part of the rules of the competition. Never ever heard of an instance where the Police have been able to influence the numbers of fans attending a game. Kick-off times will be altered on their advice (see Sundays silly kick off for that) but actual numbers attending? Not sure they have the power to do that.

Do away fans get double the allocation in CC games aswell as FA cup games?

It's up to 15% of capacity as far as I'm aware.

I was thinking the same as Bicks with regards to the police not being able to dictate the numbers of away fans. But thinking about it, the Met Police did just that for Milwall's league cup game at West Ham last season - they reduced their allocation from 3,000 to 1,800. And we all know what a difference that made, although it was mainly West Ham 'fans' causing trouble.

Why not? They’ve managed it before down the years and other police forces seem to cope, there were 9500 Leeds in Manchester back in January. The more people you have inside the ground, the less chance you have for trouble outside it.

This happened with Man Utd and Man City last year in the cup. Both teams gave the other team big allocations (I think Man City brought something like 7,000 to Old Trafford) and the police couldn't change the kick off time at all as it was midweek, so had to be played at night.

blues please, would not want to risk playing them in a semi or final if we both got through. The trouble that a wednesday night semi final at blues or VP would be terrible.

The trouble may be quite bad but the game would be brilliant!

I'd love it if Villa play Blues in the semi-finals or final.

blues please, would not want to risk playing them in a semi or final if we both got through. The trouble that a wednesday night semi final at blues or VP would be terrible.

For that reason alone, it hink we going to play them either now or the semis.

London does not what a Brummie derby :winkold:

For that reason alone, it hink we going to play them either now or the semis.

London does not what a Brummie derby :winkold:

Having visited Wembley for last years final I can't imagine how they would police a brummie derby if that was the final??

Wigan would be nice. Think Ipswich is a banana skin waiting to happen!

I know a couple of Ipswich fans pretty well and was speaking to one today who said that they really scraped through against Northampton, well "we were shite" as he put it.

The night after the win over Blackburn, I had a dream that I was sat at home, dressed in my Villa gear and waiting for my brother to get ready, so that we could leave for Wembley for the cup final, against West Brom! With that in mind, I am hoping that we avoid them in the next round.

We were poor against Burnley but we got through and our lads will be smelling the Wembley turf again already. I fancy us against anyone at home and all but Arsenal away.

My preferred draw would be this,

Villa v Ipswich

Man Utd v Arsenal

Albion v Blues

Wigan v West Ham

Semi draw of:

Wigan v Villa

Albion v Man Utd

Villa v Albion final

Winners = Villa :D

I'm worried about the Albion and the Blose tbh especially away.

Arsenal and United away would be nightmate ties.

Wigan/Ipswich at home best options.

Villa v Ipswich

Wigan v Blues

United v Albion

West Ham v Arsenal

Villa v Wigan

West Ham v United

Villa v West Ham

Pleeeeease!