• Ireland
    • Albrighton
    • Reo-Coker
    • Bannan
    • Heskey (for Ireland 59)
    • Downing (for Bannan 64)
    • Collins (for Sidwell 118)

Extended highlights can be seen here

Some incredible saves by Friedel. The Heskey tackle - yes he got the ball but as we saw with the penalty we got against blues last season that's not the be all & end all. The Lichaj handball probably should have been a peno but not a red card because it wasn't deliberate - in fact his back was turned.

From what I saw the Albrighton send off was bullshit. The bloke threw himself to the ground as soon as he felt contact - no doubt if that had been Heskey with the ball people would have just sais he tripped over a sparrow's fart, nothing to see here...

Thanks so much for the highlights there Ponky, I guess they hadn't been uploaded to 101 when I checked.

The save by Friedel before Cuellar headed off the line was the best one if you ask me.

I really hope Cuellar starts from now on, with Collins. Dunne is a liability right now, let him earn a start.

Also glad to see that Houllier had the courage to start the game without a striker, it's unconventional, unexpected and clever. Granted it didn't pay dividends at first, but judging from the reports it sounds like we played well most of the game. I like how Houllier said he wanted to play on the ground and to the feet to me that is forward thinking and what I want to see more of.

Glad we got the win, can't wait to see who we get in the next round.

Up the Villa!!

Very poor performane made hard work of it knew be in for a long night

Mancy chance just couldnt put e away and if we had wouldnt have to go throgh all that extra time

No forawrds frm te start and haing to play Ash up top could have played the Fonz give him a go

Â