• A Young
    • Ireland
    • Albrighton
    • Reo-Coker
    • Bannan
    • Heskey (for Ireland 59)
    • Downing (for Bannan 64)
    • Collins (for Sidwell 118)

We have our list of Carling Cup quarter-finalists, then, with Arsenal, Aston Villa and West Ham joining Birmingham, Ipswich, Manchester United, West Brom and Wigan in the last eight. The draw for that round will take place on Saturday afternoon, with the ties due on the weeks commencing 29th November 2010 and 6th December, depending on European involvement.

http://tinyurl.com/35setxm

Is Albrighton definitely out for Sunday then? Thought it was just cup competitions, probably wrong though.

Not pretty but we're through.

I thought houllier would be getting loads of stick for playing people out of position, thought that was a big no no.

Subs did very well, everyone worked hard and we deserved the win.

Bannan looked very poor

Who did he play out of position apart from Beye? Which he had to as we had no left back.

Not good enough.

And playing with no strikers, leaving 2 fit ones on the bench, is just perplexing. Especially when everyone and his dog knew that it wasn't going to work with Ireland and Young. I worry that Houllier, quoted as wanting Young to be his Owen, is taking that a little too literally.

MOTM Friedel, he stopped about 4 certain goals when we were being dominated (by Burnley for **** sake), I assume this means he'll be dropped next match ;).

I thought houllier would be getting loads of stick for playing people out of position, thought that was a big no no.

Bannan looked very poor

Who did he play out of position apart from Beye? Which he had to as we had no left back.

well as we started with no striker i'd guess someone was?

Sidwell was an absolute disgrace. Friedel mom. Bannan was poor, lichaj alright. Clark played well as did cuellar. Albrighton came into the game late for his standards. Ireland never really showed anything but the formation didn't help him. Substitutes made all the difference. I'm quite worried for Sunday as we were poor. Sidwell playing will be a real concern as he is doing woeful.

Just back.

I'm not sure what Houllier is trying to do but it ain't **** working. Two recognised strikers on the bench and for some reason he went with Ireland and Ash. Many times Ireland was the furthest man forward. Now Ireland has been poor since he came but playing the lad out of position isn't going to help.

Centre mid is also a major worry for me. Sidwell and Reo Coker is not a top 10 Premiership engine room never mind a top 6. I can't blame Houllier for this as he can't be blamed for both Milner and Petrov no longer being available. January can't come round quick enough though as against a decent side this pairing is going to be found wanting big time.

On the bright side Freidel was superb, Clark got another game under his belt and did OK, Heskey looks in good nick and Downings early season promise is continuing. Oh and despite playing poorly we won.

Great attendance as well.

Bannan looked very poor

well as we started with no striker i'd guess someone was?

Well we originally planned to.

Made hard work of that! but in the hat for the next round. Nothing up front till Heskey came on and never looked like scoring untill then. I thought Bannan and Sidwell made too many mistakes tonight. Midfield will be a problem Sunday with Stan and Albrighton out, Ireland hasn't got going yet and everything he tries goes wrong. Anyway don't mind who we get next round as long as its at Villa Park!!!!.

Â