Match Thread: DO NOT ASK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Demitri_C

i saw mcleish on ssn yesterday and all he was doing was comaplianing about how we have always got the decisions.

trying to influence the ref before the game. no suprise there, tehy will take any victory the unwashed

I'm with Rob on this - I dread playing them every season. Wish they were in League Two or lower. However, I am worried about this one- we are missing too many decent players . Mind you on Talk Sport this morning, the bookmaker quoted odds on Gabby scoring the first goal - he's not even going to be playing is he? (We have really missed him I think) . I think Albrighton getting sent off the other night was the last straw. All this "Take one for the Team" is rubbish - who says their player would have scored? At least if we had appealed the card, wouldn't he have played - even if it meant a longer ban? We would, by then, have had Gabby back. I was looking forward to seeing MA tearing down the wing in this one! :cry:

At the press conference Gerard Houillier confirmed Luke Young and John Carew are available for Sunday, while Habib Beye is doubtful with an ankle problem. Gabby Agbonlahor is still out and Marc Albrighton is suspended.

Just imagine if Gardner were to score an own goal or get sent off, the stuff dreams are made of!

That aside, I'd like to firmly pledge alliegance to the 'I Hate these games and brick myself for the full 90 minutes' Camp.

This is the one time I would have had MON back. For all his sins, he was good at motivating the team for these games. I like Houllier's tactical approach, but I fear he is too much of a "nice schoolteacher" to get them psyched in the required manner.

We'll still win, though. fingers-crossed-emoticon.gif

There will be a big surprise in the lineup on Sunday. All those saying GH said he won't play players out of position etc....are going to shit a brick when they see the starting XI.

Barry Bannan in the Emile Heskey role? :D

I would say it possibly could be a defender playing as a winger to allow Ashley to have the free role. Maybe Young or Lichaj playing right wing. It could even be Delfonso playing there; be nice to see him get a game.

There will be a big surprise in the lineup on Sunday. All those saying GH said he won't play players out of position etc....are going to shit a brick when they see the starting XI.
Can you divulge by PM? :D Although I think Ireland and Young as a front two against Burnley broke the mould.