Match Thread: DO NOT ASK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Demitri_C

No words could even begin to describe how much I hate Stephen Carr.

Agreed.

He is a talentless bald headed cock smoking ****, who would think very hard about giving a wank sign to Villa fans if he was within grabbing distance of me and my matchday buddies

But remember mate you did say our best performance was without Stan last year against Bolton! I do like Sidwell, i think on Sunday it'll be a battle and some of the challenges he made against Burnley, means he'll put it out if he needs to. But please Houllier to not put Downing or Young on the flanks, I'd play Downing alongside Sidwell and NRC to tighten and then let Young and Ireland support Heskey or swap Ireland for Downing, just not want to go down to VP where we try and hit the flanks by putting aimless balls into the box for the chuckle brothers to head out.

Either you've got a good memory or I've said this a lot. Probably the latter! :winkold:

To be fair to me, when I have said it, I have presented it as more of an argument for NRC>Petrov in certain games and not a pro-Sidders point. In fact, I think I have said that it was our most dominant home performance last season in spite of NRC having to play alongside the Ginger One. I would have loved to see NRC and Jimmy play together.

I do agree with you that there will be more energy in there with Sidders and he is more of a battler. The two of them should be quite combative.

I also agree that playing with less width (certainly permanent width from wide midfielders) would also be a good thing and I like your formation. This would mean Young and Ireland playing closer to Heskey and the flanks open for Lichaj/Beye and Warnock to press forward, knowing that there are two holding midfielders to cover the CB's.

It would be great if Sidders and SI could start to recapture the form in this game that made most of us think that they were bargains when we signed them.

Just was watching a prem weekend build up on a random stream, Craig Burley was the pundit and he said both of these teams are looking at mid table mediocrity this season, not impressed we are bracketed in with the same aims as SHA!

I think we do need wingers in this as they should rip Carr and Ridgewell apart but then it's about the delivery. If we cross hard and low so only a touch is needed then it doesnt matter how good they are in the air look at goals against WHU and Wolves as examples even Burnley for Heskey's goal. We could also pull them back from the byline for midfield runners e.g. ireland, other winger and poss sidwell to hit similar to how Lampard scores a lot of goals for Chelsea