Match Thread: DO NOT ASK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Demitri_C

this is the best chance they have of beating us. no gabby, albrighton, possibly heskey, l young, delph.

i fear the worst for this one but you cant win them all. we have nothing to prove against them

same :(

We've won it 6 times in a row according to telegraph would i like to make it 7th? of course but at the same time i feel they might just beat us

So I assume it'll be Young and Downing on the wings with Heskey up front and Ireland playing behind him on Sunday then?

irelands time to shine here methinks. this is his best position and think if he could be the difference on sunday

See, i think we should go with that team but not use the flanks, I think we should try and play through them with movement as if we try and use Downing and Young to cross the ball, they have two defenders whose strength is that, but if we use Young and Ireland to run the lines then we may get some success. We move Downing Sidwell and NRC to a 3 to counter-act the 3 they play in the middle.

A tad worried about this one. Those scumbags are due a win. :cry:

It took us 15 years and countless attempts before we beat Man U. The last time we won at home against either of Man U, Liverpool or the Arse it was still the 20th century. The law of averages don't mean jack - Small Heath are due nothing and that's they will leave B6 with on Sunday!

Barry's Boots opinion will differ.

In case you didn't know, I am a big fan of having NRC in the team. :winkold: Gives us the balance and bite that we need.

However, I am not so keen on the ginger one and would prefer a new partner for our Nige. I would prefer Stan alongside Nige, at least for the first half whilst he still has the energy. I do think that we will get 90 minutes out of Sid, but not enough quality unfortunately. What I would give to Jimmy back for tomorrow's game to partner Nigel or a fit Fabian.

Pleased to see the 4-5-1 BUT desparately hoping that SI can start to show some form!

I think our bench might look a bit thin on attacking options on Sunday ... Bannan and the Fonz will probably be the extent of it?

But remember mate you did say our best performance was without Stan last year against Bolton! I do like Sidwell, i think on Sunday it'll be a battle and some of the challenges he made against Burnley, means he'll put it out if he needs to. But please Houllier to not put Downing or Young on the flanks, I'd play Downing alongside Sidwell and NRC to tighten and then let Young and Ireland support Heskey or swap Ireland for Downing, just not want to go down to VP where we try and hit the flanks by putting aimless balls into the box for the chuckle brothers to head out.

Carrying on from my page 1 post - I really **** hate blues.

Really, really, really, really, really **** hate them!

Just thinking about their pathetic little club makes me angry...

I don't care if the winner comes off Beye's backside, please just let there be a Villa winner, please...

Liam Ridgewell has warned Aston Villa that Birmingham City are going into Sunday's derby determined to exact revenge for the suffering they have endured at the hands of their rivals in recent years.

Villa have won the past six games against Birmingham – the longest sequence of victories in more than 120 years of games between the two clubs – and Ridgewell is determined that record will be brought to an end this weekend.

Having started his career at Villa, Ridgewell was on the winning side in two of those matches, but since moving to St Andrew's in 2007 he has experienced only defeat, including a 5-1 drubbing towards the end of the 2007-08 campaign, a season that culminated in Birmingham being relegated. Last season's matches were tighter affairs, but on both occasions Birmingham conceded in the final 10 minutes, with Gabriel Agbonlahor scoring at St Andrew's and James Milner converting a controversial penalty at Villa Park.

"They have beaten us several times over the years so it isn't just one we owe them," Ridgewell said. "I had the pleasure of winning for Villa against Blues. But I want to win one for Blues against Villa. It would be good to win a game against them. We lost 5-1 there once but we were in transition as the gaffer [Alex McLeish] had just come in and we were getting to grips with it. But I think we did ourselves justice last year. Hopefully we can reproduce that performance."

The 26-year-old defender accepts the two clubs have different ambitions but he sees no reason why Birmingham cannot triumph on Sunday. "They are looking for Europe – we are looking to stay in the Premier League. They are ahead of us in that respect. But we want to finish as high as possible and if that means going past Villa, then so be it.

"I think we have a good chance [of beating them] – as much as anyone. We had a good performance at Arsenal [two weeks ago] and again against Blackpool on Saturday. We are on a high and hopefully we can take that into the game."

There have been some full-blooded second-city derbies in recent times, and Ridgewell expects another feisty affair at Villa Park on Sunday. "I can't wait. I think if you ask the Villa players and Birmingham players, everyone is looking forward to it," he said. "The game will get people hot under the collar. You look at all of them, Man City versus Man United, Celtic versus Rangers, everyone gets hot under the collar. But hopefully everyone will keep their cool and it will be a good game."

the words removed sound right up for it...

http://tinyurl.com/3xddbwt