Match Thread: DO NOT ASK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Demitri_C

I **** hate blues. SO much these words cannot even begin to describe. Even the blues side of my family are all tossers - it most definitely runs in the blood.

Anything bar a win will be devastating against those tramps.

COME ON YOU VILLA BOYS!

My sentiments exactly :nod:

Think they will want to keep it tight as possible, nick a goal and rely on their thuggish midfield kicking our more skillful players out of the match which i hate to say, is a tactic I can see a lot of logic in.
This is my concern - Newcastle again. Our midfield is too lightweight. NRC will do his bit, but I can see him getting sent off, and then we would be in trouble.

gabbys out according to the birmingham snail

so i really think we are going to lose this as we are struggling up front. irelands looked poor. heskey cant scroe to save his life and carews still getting his fitness up

fonz has to step up me thinks

Think they will want to keep it tight as possible, nick a goal and rely on their thuggish midfield kicking our more skillful players out of the match which i hate to say, is a tactic I can see a lot of logic in.
This is my concern - Newcastle again. Our midfield is too lightweight. NRC will do his bit, but I can see him getting sent off, and then we would be in trouble.

Why can you see him being sent off?

got my ticket sorted, upper holte, row 1 seat 100...... happy days, my first game since i got back from Oz..... and the last game was Villa 3 Blues 1, when Cahill scored the overhead... i was in the upper holte that day too.....

please be a good omen....

SOTC

They'll be up for this game big time!

And we won't be?

The other West Mids clubs are always up for the Villa game (even if we don't care about them) and yet we still have a very good record in derbies.

It won't be a 5-1 but reckon we'll beat them by a couple of goals.

My major concern is the absence of Gabby, he always pulls out the stops for the derby games, he knows what these affairs are all about, not to mention the fact that our play lacks dimension and options when he's not itn the team.

I' like to see Albrighton start from this, he looked dangerous when he came on against Sunderland and he's a Villa lad so he'll be pumped up for it. We're going to miss Petrov, he often gets slated by some but he's always a calming influence on the team, with Sidwell and Coker in midfield we may have graft but we don't have the class and i think this may hinder us.

I hate Small Heath with a passion, almost as much as i hate Sky Sports, what a **** joke that they haven't put this on the box, not that i care as i'll be at the game but it's the most hotly contested derby in this league.

They'll be up for this game big time!

And we won't be?

The other West Mids clubs are always up for the Villa game (even if we don't care about them) and yet we still have a very good record in derbies.

It won't be a 5-1 but reckon we'll beat them by a couple of goals.

I just think McLeish will as Danny Murphy says 'PUMP THEM UP'

with Sidwell and Coker in midfield we may have graft but we don't have the class and i think this may hinder us.
I agree, but it wont be as bad against SHA as it would most other teams since they have hardly any class to begin with.

He's got a touch decision we either play Ireland in there or play him forward or we go with two wingers. I'd play Sidwell Downing and NRC as a narrow 3 with Ireland and Young supporting, as getting crosses into the box is not working with no one to put them away.

He's got a touch decision we either play Ireland in there or play him forward or we go with two wingers. I'd play Sidwell Downing and NRC as a narrow 3 with Ireland and Young supporting, as getting crosses into the box is not working with no one to put them away.

I would play this way as well. Ask Young and Ireland to get much closer to Heskey and play the front 6 as quite narrow, allowing Warnock and Beye to push on knowing that we have two sitting midfielders.

I just hope Ash/Warnock/DJ give fatty Carr a really hard time. I had that little sh1t.