Barcelona - for the third time

b23avfc

So I'm off to Barcelona in november. Anybody been there? This will be my third time so you think it'd be pointless starting this thread....

Just wanted to hear the VT view. I miss all the Barca matches :( and decent gigs except for the jazz festival. Probably be exploring the villages in catalunya though I did a bit of that before as well. I read about taking a helicopter journey too but it's 10 mins for 80EUR up to 35mins for 240EUR :S EACH

Yes I'm going to visit someone ;)

Got to say I didn't rate the place .. def not a cheap night out

La Rambla is just full of rather scabby looking hookers and a couple of seedy strip clubs ,

Port Olympia is a bit more up market and has some good bars ,though I don't really recall any stand out bars though

Enjoyed climbing up the Gaudi thingy on the Sunday even with a mega hangover and the area around the Olympic stadium is quite nice with the cable cars and a pleasant enough way to spend a nice day

but it's a city thats it's on my meh list , along with Stockholm , Bratislava , Sheffield and France

Its OK as a city IMO. I like to stay Nr to the Olympic stadium area and found it pretty easy to get around the place.

I like what they did around the seafront for the Olympics and have had many a pleasant evening eating and drinking there. Obviously as with all Spanish its a late in the evening start for them, which caused my German colleague - used to eating at 6 not 1 min earlier or later - a lot of fretting :-)

As for prices its not too bad really, you have to avoid the usual tourist traps just like any other city in Europe.

p.s. Oh how I chuckled at Tony's list of places he doesn't like ...........

Â