Match Thread: DO NOT ASK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Penalty or Booking - has to be

Not with Halsey refereeing us.

After a while the club asked the FA about his record while refereeing Villa, and he stopped being in charge of games involving us for quite some time.

He clearly should not be in charge of games involving us.

Saying that, only ourselves to blame. Hopefully Dunne will be left on the bench from now on.

Christ Heskey, you really are a donkey!

despite being head and shoulders above the rest of our team and doing arguably more than bent so far...

I think we're watching a different game mate.

I'll admit he's playing moderately better than the very low bar he's set himself, but it still comes back to the job of a striker (even more so in a 4-5-1) is to score goals or create them from the front. He does neither on a regular basis.

he's put both ireland and nrc through on goal!

he's playing as well as he's ever played for us, he's isolated and has little support but still holding it up well chasing everything and bringing others in to play

obviously still cant shake his pantomime villain tag

Fair point with the first part... as i said, compared to his usual low standard though etc. For a team of our calibre this isn't good enough.

I think his ability to hold play up is VERY overated. Yes he's been isolated to a point today, but even when not i feel he gives away posession far too cheaply. He's been at the club long enough to have built up an understanding with the rest of the team, and barring the outrageous suggestion that it's the other players' fault for not reading the play :winkold: i think he's shown he can't do that job for Villa.

I was one of the few that was willing to give him his chance when he arrived, but he's long since lost my support.

Also, Halsey is an utter word removed. I can't remember a decent performance from him in a Villa match. Although, i've seen a lot worse!!