• Ireland
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Carew
    • Clark (for Dunne 13)
    • Delfouneso (for Carew 74)
    • Sidwell (for Ireland 84)

Your ratings and reactions please.

Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

[table color=#bccde9:81f83c73d6][mrow][mcol color=#8c333c:81f83c73d6]Aston Villa[mcol]0-0[mcol color=blue:81f83c73d6]Chelsea[/table]

Reo Coker, that last man on earth you want in that position

it needed to be Young!!! lol

Good effort Villa, tell you something with a bit more class up front and in the middle we ARE going places. We've needed those two players for 3 fecking years...!!!

Thought the whole team put in a great shift.

Warnock and Downing I think we're both excellent. As was Petrov, Reo-Coker was solid despite that last minute miss.

Clark and Collins were very solid. Beye did okay, Young was poor. Ireland had good spells but found it tough to get into the match.

Good point.

Collins, NRC and Downing all had good games. I'm pleased with the result and the performance.

Houllier has managed to instil a similar 'never say die' attitude in the team as MON did, but improved our overall play. I think that the shape looked okay for most of the match, but Carew didn't play well. Against lesser teams, Ireland off a target man could prove very effective. I think there were hints tonight about what Ireland is all about.

Our decent home record against Chelsea continues then. Fair result today, I dont think either side deserved to lose. We both had centre halves hit the post. Anelka missed when it looked easier to score for them, both Ireland (2nd minute) and Reo Coker (92nd minute) missed when it looked easier to score for us. Carew remains a shadow of his former self, his days at Villa Park are looking numbered now.

Defence was solid, was particularly impressed with Beye as I think he only put a foot wrong once. Not bad for someone who's been almost completely written off.

Not really enough quality in centre-mid; Petrov in particular was decidedly average for me today.

Fair enough result, shame Ireland and NRC couldn't finish.

Only caught the 2nd half. Very exciting stuff. They hit the woodwork twice, we did once, good counterattacking by both teams....NRC should have buried that at the end. Just goes to show we need to bring in more players who can SCORE GOALS, then we could be winning these games. Decent result though, considering Chelsea had most of the possession and better chances.

ASTON VILLA - CHELSEA

Possession Aston Villa 47% Chelsea 53%

Attempts on target Aston Villa 5 Chelsea 6

Attempts off target Aston Villa 6 Chelsea 7

Corners Aston Villa 9 Chelsea 5

Fouls Aston Villa 11 Chelsea 11

From BBC website ^

Overall pleased with the result against the run away league leaders. Both teams had a bit of luck in defense and game could of gone eitherway.

Two players who I have knocked Downing and my MOM Petrov picked it up today. Unlucky for NRC at the end but great effort to win ball back in the first place.

Downing was excellent in the first half so was Petrov - I think Chelsea switched gear in the second half and we invited more pressure upon ourselves with our choice of passes. The referee was no help giving Chelsea nothing free kicks when we in good positions and it put the pressure right on our half again. Clark and NRC were unlucky not to score.

BBC WM (Which i Just caught the end of) laying into Downing and Ireland.

Not contributing? We'll forget he's our top scorer then.

Ridiculous, the reason we had Downing on the right was because he could provide the defensive cover we need with Cole on the overlap. He was disciplined and did his job well. For me it was a difficult game for Ireland to play that role, against weaker opposition I think we might see him making more runs into the box and seeing a bit more of the ball.

I voted for Dowing(sic), thought he was very good today. He put in one crunching tackle to recover the ball that suggests to me any foot-fear may have gone now.

I'm happy with the result and I think they all deserve credit for playing out a draw against all their pressure. Feel sorry for Reo at the end. Massive credit to him for being there at that stage of the game and winning the ball but you'd want one of the forwards or another midfielder in that situation, the lad can't finish for shit! But as the commentator said, he did everything right except hit the target in a fast moving situation.

Â