If there was a General Election Tomorrow ...

tonyh29

So who would get you "X" tomorrow  

53 members have voted

1. 1. So who would get you "X" tomorrow

• Conservative
    • Lib Dem
    • Labour
    • UKIP
    • Green Party
    • ConDem party
    • Abstain
    • Spoilt Paper

I'm surprised the Liberal remain an option...

Well, they are still a party Ash, and would in all probability stand as such at the next election, but I can see their core or traditional voters turning away from them in droves, unless they make a stand, which I think they will do, after May. They'll simply have too, IMO. If they don't, they'll become such a marginal fringe party as to be irrelevant.

I must agree with you and this is why I'd still vote for them. In realistic terms the Lib Dems are never ever going to get into power and implement their policies such as no to tuition fees etc, I'd love to see it myself but it ain't going to happen.

Yes they've sold out their election promises (which by the way are only possible if they have an absolute majority) but they are fighting to keep military spending down (ironic that some sections of govt want to increase spending here yet the future of our country is a no no), but we've still got a referendum in May which really needs to be fought for. After that the Libs can vote against everything for all I care, after all they've been royally screwed over by the Tories. But lets face it, when you've only got 20% of the seats, you're only going to have 20% of the say.

Interesting to ask actually. Tony, as a Tory which way will you be voting on the referendum?

Also I don't see why people don't vote. If you deliberately don't vote, don't bitch about any decisions made.
Au contraire - it's the people who voted who are responsible for whichever set of clowns are in power at any one time.

Interesting to ask actually. Tony, as a Tory which way will you be voting on the referendum?

The AV thingy , is it going to a public vote ?Tbh I've not really thought about it ... My worry with it is you could give some of the nutter parties a voice in parliament .

I still don't think some realise the savagery of the cuts to be announced

Or the excesses of the last Labour govt which have brought us to this position?

That'll teach them to dabble in the sub prime mortgage market in the lower Mississipi delta. The world banking recession was caused by the Labour party dont you know. It had nothing to do with all those Tory voting greedy bankers. :huh:

ermm chaps .. can this thread try and avoid the blame game thingy .. it was kindly reopened as it was going to be different from the other thread

it was intended to see how people would vote and what changed their mind ... if at all

The AV thingy , is it going to a public vote ?Tbh I've not really thought about it ... My worry with it is you could give some of the nutter parties a voice in parliament .

LOL the government are doing a cracking job at saying no to it already I think....

http://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/article.php?id=55

The ERS have all sorts of stuff saying the vote is the same day as local elections (5th May 2011)

Whilst I agree with your sentiments on nutter parties, I think this won't happen with AV (it could in theory happen with European Parliament style voting). In AV 50% of the people in a constituency have to approve of the candidate in soem capacity or another - i.e. the winner has to have a number in his box from 50% of the people or he can't win. I cannot for the life of me seeing 50% of people approving of the BNP or even UKIP for that matter.

Edit: looks like it still has to be approved by parliament though.

like i said I've not really given it much heed before but the web site is quite interesting

I think with my Nutter parties getting a voice i was confusing AV with the Proportional Representation that the Libs harked on about for years ?

I guess AV would work in the same way as the London Mayor elections then ?

If we make a wild assumption that a Lib dem voter is likely to put labour as second choice and vice versa , I wonder how such a system would hammer the Tories

I could see the Greens doing well out of this system though .. like I said Nutter parties :winkold:

ermm chaps .. can this thread try and avoid the blame game thingy .. it was kindly reopened as it was going to be different from the other thread

You arsecreeper :wink:

Â