Match Thread: No discussion of streams

Rob182

With that in mind:

----------------------- Friedel -----------------------

Young ------- Collins ------- Dunne ------- Warnock

------------------ Coker --- Petrov -----------------

Albrighton ------------Young ---------------Downing

----------------------- Carew -----------------------

"The line-up will be Cech, Ferreira, Ivanovic, Terry and Cole, Ramires, Essien and Mikel, strikers Kakuta, Malouda and Anelka."

So that's the Chelsea team.

Really is beatable. Very solid CB's to be fair. Ferreira can be got at.

Midfield is physical and extremely strong but Ramires, put pressure on him and he doesn't look comfortable from what I've seen. While Kakuta is still young. We have struggled against physical presences this year so no Drogba is only a good thing. I hope Cuellar plays because with Anelka's pace and the runs he makes, you need someone who reads the game very well, although Dunne you could say is very good at that, I do think Cuellar is as good as most in the league at reading the game and covering.

Malouda can be marked. I know he's a good player but to me, he seems a player who takes advantage of poor teams, I don't think he's that great when games are tight against good opposition. Unless Chelsea dominate, I don't think he's a massive threat.

We can win this, unfortunately if rumours are true both Gabby and Heskey out, our chances slim. I just hope Carew has his 1 good game tommorow.

Beatable? The only player from our team that would get in there is Young in place of Kakuta. Maybe L.Young in place of Ferreira at a push.

They are a better team that us and I expect a defeat, especially if we are left with Carew up front.

We beat them when they had a stronger team than what's expected to show up Tomorrow.

So yes.. beatable.

(Whether we will is another issue all together!)

Beatable? The only player from our team that would get in there is Young in place of Kakuta. Maybe L.Young in place of Ferreira at a push.

They are a better team that us and I expect a defeat, especially if we are left with Carew up front.

Yeah...I'd say beatable. As Rob says, we beat them last year when they had a stronger team out. We beat United at OT, I'm sure the game is winnable and probably due to injuries, give us our best chance of picking up a result. Still a good side no doubt.

I really doubt you think Chelsea are an unbeatable team on Saturday.

We've got a chance. Didn't realise Gabby was still out though. Big blow.

I'd go with;

Friedel

L.Young Dunne Collins Warnock

A.Young NRC Petrov Ireland Downing

Carew

I think Albrighton will play ahead of Ireland, though.

Wasn't Drogba out when they beat us 7-1? Although the absentees are a slight bonus it doesn't really seem to affect the rhythm of how Chelsea play, with the players they still have available and the ones that step in, they can comfortably adjust system to cover for any losses. Wouldn't get too carried away.

A better team on paper often means little once the game starts...It's all about what happens on the night, lets get behind the Villa because Chelsea like any team shouldn't be looked at with awe, we should get amongst them...

Gabby Agbonlahor has been ruled out of Villa's clash with Chelsea as he continues to recover from a groin injury.

Manager Gerard Houllier revealed the striker is also likely to miss out on next weekend's trip to Sunderland after undergoing a minor operation.

But there is positive news on the injury front for Ashley Young and Emile Heskey, who are both fully fit to take on the Barclays Premier League champions.

Young has recovered from a minor knock sustained in England's goalless draw with Montenegro in midweek, while Heskey has shaken off the dead leg which led to him being substituted in Villa's 2-1 defeat to Tottenham Hotspur.

"Gabby has been operated on Monday before last," said Houllier. "He needs 10 days at least before he gets back into the squad.

"Ashley Young had a foot injury but it looks as though it will be all right. Emile had full training practically the whole week so it will be ok as well."

I'd go with;

Friedel

Carew

Carew ahead of Heskey? :?

I'd go with;

Friedel

Carew

That was earlier in the day when we believed Sky Sports who said that Heskey was injured. Keep up!

I'd go with;

Friedel

Carew

That was earlier in the day when we believed Sky Sports who said that Heskey was injured. Keep up!

Sorry :oops: