Match Thread: No discussion of streams

Rob182

Think we'll lose 1-3 which isn't the end of the world. We're in transition and Chelsea are too strong at the moment (although I hear they have a shortage of centre backs so I expect "JT" to make a miraculous recovery).

Isn't it something like one home defeat since 1999 against these lot?

Recent history suggests they don't like coming to VP. Here's hoping that continues. I can see the same starting 11 as at Spurs.

Houlliers first big game at VP. Lets hope he starts off on the right foot and we get a result.

Chelsea are having a little wobble and it's time our boys put in an exceptional performance for Gerard H. so I live in hope.

A little wobble ... losing away at Citeh by the odd goal before stuffing Le Arse. I can't wait until we get on to one of these little wobbly runs. :lol:

I'm probably going to be wrong here but I think Houllier will get it completely wrong if he plays Albrighton.

going against Ashley Cole arguably the best defensive and one of the best offensive full backs in the world would be suicide.

I think I'd play Downing on the right, very experienced and never really let's his man go past him. Also, Downing isn't a player who looks to go past people so it's not as if he's going to lose out the attacking battle either as he will drift inside.

I'd go:

Friedel

Young Cuellar Collins Warnock

Petrov Reo-Coker

Downing Ireland Young

Heskey.

let Ireland just sit on Mikel the whole game. That guy picks up every loose ball and is always the man who starts the play off for Chelsea as soon as they win it back, he usually gets on the ball and quickly uses it.

Young can get whoever is right back for Chelsea while Heskey will show Drogba who the real perfect number 9 is ;)

I'm probably going to be wrong here but I think Houllier will get it completely wrong if he plays Albrighton.

going against Ashley Cole arguably the best defensive and one of the best offensive full backs in the world would be suicide.

I think I'd play Downing on the right, very experienced and never really let's his man go past him. Also, Downing isn't a player who looks to go past people so it's not as if he's going to lose out the attacking battle either as he will drift inside.

I'd go:

Friedel

Petrov Reo-Coker

Downing Ireland Young

Heskey.

let Ireland just sit on Mikel the whole game. That guy picks up every loose ball and is always the man who starts the play off for Chelsea as soon as they win it back, he usually gets on the ball and quickly uses it.

Young can get whoever is right back for Chelsea while Heskey will show Drogba who the real perfect number 9 is ;)

Some good thoughts there, I'd go with that.

I'd go:

Friedel

Petrov Reo-Coker

Downing Ireland Young

Heskey.

I would totally agree with that although I cant see Cuellar coming back in

I'd go:

Friedel

Petrov Reo-Coker

Downing Ireland Young

Heskey.

I would totally agree with that although I cant see Cuellar coming back in

I think you are spot on with this. I hope Ged is reading.

We have to go with a 4-3-3 and match up to Chelski to stand a chance. Citeh did a few weeks back because they were as strong/solid. It worked at VP in Mourinho's last game when Luke Moore worked really hard and just sat on Makalele when he got the ball and it completely threw Chelski's rhythm off.

I am so excited for tomorrow, hate international breaks!

I really think we could get something from it, we seem to do alright against Chelsea (obvious aside).

I agree with the above post about maybe not starting Albrighton, but I would bring him on around 60/65 mins to run them ragged with his fresh legs.

I remember under Scolari, there huge injury list and still ended up battering us. All this defensive crisis, they have enough players who could fill in there and this will be a tough game, i'm more worried about Drogba and Anelka being on song against our shakey back 4, plus they have Malouda who seems to play like Pele, i am expecting a loss tommorow and if we get anything it'll be a bonus.

yes, and so is heskey according to the sky sports preview!hopefully carew's been saving himself for this match.glad the i'national break is over but can't see anything other than a loss here, you just know fat frank will 'recover' in time and no doubt bag a penalty.