• Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for Heskey 35)
    • Bannan (for Albrighton 81)
    • Ireland (for Petrov 81)

Your ratings and reactions please.

Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

[table color=#bccde9:853b13c901][mrow][mcol color=#f5ffff:853b13c901]Spurs[mcol]2-1[mcol color=#8c333c:853b13c901]Aston Villa

[row][col color=#f5ffff:853b13c901][col]0-1[col color=#8c333c:853b13c901]Albrighton 16

[row][col color=#f5ffff:853b13c901]Van der Vaart 45+3[col]1-1[col color=#8c333c:853b13c901]

[row][col color=#f5ffff:853b13c901]Van der Vaart 75[col]2-1[col color=#8c333c:853b13c901][/table]

I thought our midfield played a fantastic game today. Up front Heskey was great until after our goal and then Carew was diabolical, truly awful.

Not sure Cuellar deserved dropping either.

Gutted with the result because we played really well in spells.

The only difference between two very good sides today was Ashley Young who was garbage - poor touch, poor attitude, poor passing, poor decision making, poor workrate. Come on GH, have the bottle to dump him in the reserves for a few weeks !!!

We played some lovely attacking football right up to when they got the winner....then the heads dropped.

What is the use of leaving Ash on his own up front in the final minutes of a game when we are one down?

A deserved point goes missing!

A complete farce that almost became daylight robbery at the end. Saying that, two culprits in Dunne and Petrov mean we have lost what we could have won on another day. We didn't earn it.

I wouldn't give a toss if I never saw Carew in a Villa shirt again, he gets across well with the fans for his 'laddish' behaviour but I'd rather see someone who could hit a cow's arse with a banjo up front.

Two evenly matched teams, VDV proved to be the difference. Crouch always causes us trouble.

Not a negative performance probably a 6/10.

Carew was VERY poor, but he is now probably 3rd choice striker but we knew we needed a striker when MON **** off.

Petrov should have gone off much sooner. He can't play for more than 45 minutes. Saw his pathetic effort to get himself fouled when he was in the box and had a sniff - he was leaning into the player in true Petrov style ready to go down at the first chance as he knew he didn't have the legs to carry it on.

Carew is a waste of space now. Better with 10 men and wouldn't have to suffer all of his cheap free kicks. The Fonz must have a really bad attitude to not get in the squad in front of JC.

The only difference between two very good sides today was Ashley Young who was garbage - poor touch, poor attitude, poor passing, poor decision making, poor workrate. Come on GH, have the bottle to dump him in the reserves for a few weeks !!!

Rrrright...

Reo-Coker comfortably man of the match.

Another day, we win that game. Frustrating but we played some really good football in the second half and completely undeserved loss.

Friedel - 7 - Nothing he could do with any of the goals.

Young - 7 - kept Bale pretty quiet.

Warnock - 7.5 - thought he had a good game myself.

Collins - 6.5 - Decent game but Crouch did get away a couple times.

Dunne - 5 - I'm sorry but he's just playing so badly. Numerous times his man got away.

Albrighton - 7.5 - Lively, good performance, AGAIN though, couldn't get into game second half.

Downing - 7.5 - Actually thought he had a good game, lots of the ball, used it well and was involved throughout.

Petrov - 7 - Thought he had a pretty solid game.

Reo-Coker - 9 - Great tackling, great passing, great runs from midfield and some really nice touches.

Young - 7.5 - Live wire and played well.

Heskey - 7.5 - What he played, he played well. Great play for the goal, if he stayed on the pitch, we might of won this.

Carew - 5 - Terrible.

Â