Visiting Birmingham - travel advice?

jellycopter

Help an Irish Villa man out? Gotta visit Birmingham tomorrow for something - sadly not football related - medical matter. Can someone tell me if it's possible to get a one day ticket that covers bus and train? Got a couple of places to visit and wanna know the cheapest way...!

Gotta head from the airport to Sandwell General in West Brom and then back to the city for a bite before heading to the airport again!

Cheers lads!

I'd spend the extra quid or and just get the train from International to Sandwell & Dudley tbh. A daytripper is only about a fiver and that is valid on everything.

I'd spend the extra quid or and just get the train from International to Sandwell & Dudley tbh. A daytripper is only about a fiver and that is valid on everything.

Sandwell General is nowhere near Sandwell & Dudley station though

Opposite sides of the crater known as West Brom

It'll be two buses from the station to the hospital. Don't know the buses from the station into West Brom but there should be a good number from West Brom to the Hospital (406 to Hamstead and 451 to Sutton Coldfield are at least two of them but there are others too)

Sandwell General is nowhere near Sandwell & Dudley station though

Opposite sides of the crater known as West Brom

It'll be two buses from the station to the hospital. Don't know the buses from the station into West Brom but there should be a good number from West Brom to the Hospital (406 to Hamstead and 451 to Sutton Coldfield are at least two of them but there are others too)

The 404 goes directly from Sandwell and Dudley station to the hospital. It runs every six minutes.

Oh well, 404 error then. :lol:

Actually, that's not strictly true but the joke was too good to miss. The 404A (towards Walsall) runs directly from the station to the hospital, with a journey time of 12 minutes. It's only an hourly service though, leaving at xx:29, and at any other time you will have to change in West Bromwich. It appears to take a similar amount of time whether you do or dont change too because the direct bus goes straight up All Saints Way which is a five minute walk to the hospital while other buses from West Brom will drop you right outside the front door of the hospital. I've never been there myself, but there has to be multiple entrances to the place, surely?

Still, I think an intercity train directly from the airport to Sandwell and Dudley and then the bus out to the hospital would be the way I would do the journey.

Â