• Downing
    • A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Heskey
    • Agbonlahor (for Albrighton 66)
    • Sidwell (for Petrov 86)

I want a .gif of that Collins celebration too!

i missed that, anyone wanna enlighten me?

He jumped, thumped the air and did a punch celebration, or something similar!

On the flip side, Gabby had no reaction to the goal.. Strange..

Cuellar MOTM for me.

Cuellar, Collins, Friedel and Reo-Coker were our best players imo.

Cuellar and Collins were solid in the centre throughout. Wolves threw a lot in our box but they dealt with it all well.

I still think when we attack we need to pass it around more. Especially just in fron of their box. We seem to have two players out wide and two stood on the line of defence.... go to them and move it around!!

I want a .gif of that Collins celebration too!

i missed that, anyone wanna enlighten me?

He jumped, thumped the air and did a punch celebration, or something similar!

I noticed that - probably pissed he didn't start.

well, not sure we deserved that! we still have some big problems- we didnt match wolves effort in the second half and were second to every ball. you learn when your a kid you dont wait for the ball to come to you, yet we kept doing that. and some of the passes we played were absolutely brainless.

still we kept going to the end and the only decent bit of passing and movement we played in the second half led to a goal. nice cross by warnock and a great header. cuellar was man of the match for me- brilliant

and on WM there going on about warnock should have gone for that sliding tackle early in the half? he got the ball! only just, but he got it.

I thought downing was class today. he's got a swagger about him. stops the ball dead in the middle of the pitch like he's zidane or something.

2 brilliant tackles by sidwell he can be the "nasty bastard" we've needed since the begining of time. I stood up and applauded when the wolfs player was stretchered off. It was a foul of immense magnitude. right in front of the ref, not even a booking. straight out of the vinny jones txt book.

and heskey continues to prove me wrong. brilliant finish.

and what a turn up petrov being subbed for the first time in history.

They've just raised the board for 4 minutes added on where I'm watching it. I can't help but feel I won't be as nervous for these last four minutes as you lot were!

A Kid called to the door looking for his football he kicked into my back garden. Perfect for injury time nerves.

I trust you remained polite. I'm still waiting for the final whistle.

Always, I'm a very nice person. I got his ball, a Real Madrid Jubilani, he said thank's. I said you're very welcome, came back into the sitting room, Heskey cleared the ball out of the box, final whistle blew.

Chic - Celebration started playing in my head.

Great RESULT! I want a .gif of that Collins celebration too!

Yeah that was brilliant, great when players show they actually care.

Carlos was beast today, no messing at the back, safety first every time and that's what a top defender should do.

Cuellar, Young, NRC and Heskey were all very good indeed.

That header by Heskey was pure class. The skill, technique and power behind it all was **** immense. A great game winning goal!

It's all over at my house - hadn't realised I was quite this far behind!

I thought we got a bit lucky in the end, we were marginally the better of the sides in the first half but absolutely second best in the second - we stopped playing and Wolves stepped it up. Great to see Heskey get a winner, I thought Young worked his socks off and kept us going and the two CB's were very solid. We'll need a bit more than that for the games coming up though.

We have to learn to play for longer than half an hour.

I think a fair few villa fans will be eating more humble pie tonight. Emile Heskey WAS England's first choice striker when he joined us. He is a good footballer, yet was derided by the fans who now seem to have forgotten all from last year and the season before. Lets hope those fans now stick with him when he has an off spell like they do for Carew who has been off the boil for a while now.

Anyway to the game.

Friedel-Great double save little to do and the goal was impossible to stop.

Luke Young-Fantastic to see him playing he was in the 6 yard box for our opener!!

Warnock-Did well to stay on the pitch but a solid game again

Cuellar was immense at the back still shaky with the ball but superb

Collins-Brave as ever stuck in committed just what you want to see.

NRC-Another sublime performance bossed the middle for us, got stuck in at all times.

Petrov-Did little/nothing for me all game, looks increasingly out of his depth.

Downing-Getting a nice habit of scoring goals and his range of passing is great.

Albrighton-Sensational another great prospect kept on running at the full back and was a menace.

Ashley Young- Wow we cannot lose him, he was everything for us today and more.

Heskey-Held the line perfectly great run for the opener, and well the winner was unstoppable.

Overall great performance against a good wolves team who many will struggle to beat this year.

Yessssssssssssssss!!!! It's such a relief to get 3 points when it looked like it was going to be a replica of the game against Stoke!

As expected, a tough game and a scrappy win!

I don't care if we didn't outplay them for 90 minutes, Wolves away is always going to be a tough fixture.

Friedel - 8 - Made a couple of good saves which kept us in the game. There wasn't much he could do about the goal.

L Young - 7 - A good attacking threat but occasionally looked shakey at the back

Cuellar - 9 - As solid as a rock made of furry, Spanish beard trimmings! He blocked everything and probably kept us in the game as much as Brad.

Collins - 8 - A good performance, just not as good as Carlos :lol:

Warnock - 7 - Annoyingly, he still looks like the weakest link in our back four. He made some good challenges but also made a handful of bad ones. He crossed for Heskey's final goal to redeem himself a point.

Downing - 7.5 - A good goal and a decent performance. He slows down our play when it's needed, but he also slows it down when it's not needed! I think he's put a bit of weight on.

Petrov - 7 - Kept the game ticking over, he was clearly knackered and 80% of VT* got their wish as he was subbed late in the game! (* predicted percentage :winkold:)

NRC - 8 - A battling performance as usual. Like Downing, he also looks like he's put some weight on.

Albrighton - 7 (8 for the first half but a 6 in the second) - An excellent first half performance, he faded in the second. Still... good for a 20 year old!

Ash - 9 MOTM - He put in so much effort for the full 90. A few rants and moans but that's expected from our "Cristiano Ronaldo" :winkold:

Heskey - 8 - An excellent goal, some good hold up play. He looked tired after the 80th minute but kept going and got our winner!

Gabby - 6 - An average performance, he looks like he's lost a bit of pace.

Sidwell - 5 - Poor from Sidders. He didn't have long to get into the game, what he did do was give away a dangerous free kick and then almost give another away 5 minutes later.

Yeah I noticed that. Very weird.

I'm a bit worried about the knocks and injuries he's been getting because he's usually never injured. Hopefully he just has to get match fit.

Quite a close contest but it was good that we were able to grind out a result like this away from home against a team like Wolves. Apart from Heskey's goal we were shit in the second half but it's good to see Houllier tried changing things a bit, even if they didn't work.

Â