The Police

tonyh29

Have you ever called the Police ?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever called the Police ?

• De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da (Yes)
    • Don't Stand so close to me (No)

my mrs got attacked by a staff while walking to the paper shop.

StaffE.jpg

Sounds nasty. I'd guess we'd all better watch out if these feckers have somehow come to life like Triffids and are now attacking humans ...

I got mugged on my own doorstep in Leeds by some words removed on my way back from my last ever night out in Leeds. Called the police (when I got in as they took my phone), they were within 2 minutes. When they heard I had a brain tumour and had hit my head off the pavement they took me to hospital, waited with me while I was checked out and dropped me home about 6 in the morning. Was very very impressed with them.

Been less impressed with them sorting that scamming tosser who came on here pretending to sell league cup final tickets.

Yep. My apartment was broken into several years ago. The police couldn't be bothered to follow through investigating it though, even when I told them that they had used my credit card at 12:09 AM at Stop and Shop which has cameras on every register. (Had they bothered to watch the videotape, they would have been able to eyeball who did it....) Idiot **** cops didn't do shit for me....

Phoned them when I was about 14 when someone mugged me. They were pretty good to be honest and even caught the ****.

Then had to go and see them last year when my debit card got copied. It all got sorted out but hey weren't particulalry helpful.

I wish you could do the police for wasting your time though, rather than the other way round. Got stopped not so long ago and they were determined to nick me for something it seemed. Told me I'd used a bus lane. i told them I had but I was turning left so HAD to use it, and it was a Sunday and the bus lane was only a bus lane Monday to Saturday. They then asked how fast I was going. I knew I wasn't speeding so told them it was 30. Then they asked how much I'd had to drink, which was nothing.

Then they asked if I owned my car, how much it was, where i'd boughtit, was it insured, was it taxed etc etc.

Eventually they let me on my way, but it took about 10 or 15 minutes!

As for me having a run in with the police, happened twice both due to car lights 1st time in kiddy they followed me for 5 miles to tell me my indicator was out, not sure if they breathalised me at 2 in the afternoon, either way got one of those ticket things and took a dig at how my car was full of rubbish

2nd time was in wolves, fuse went to my back lights, pulled me over had a look and a go at fixing it for me let me borrow their phone to call rac and then every 15 minutes drove past to make sure i hadnt done one, beeped me when they saw rac van too, no ticket or anything they were sound as a pound

It was chalk and cheese

Have I ever phoned the Police? Hell Yes

How many times? Lost count, its part of my job.

Did I ever get a satisfactory response? Rarely

Oh well being as the police are so concerned about crime statistics and clear up rates, they are going to have a little shock soon, we'll expect the Chief Constable on his hands and knees before this is over.

See the economic downturn has meant an increase in people doing runners from taxis, let alone the more serious stuff that goes on. We requested a meeting with the local station high ups, who sent an inspector and a sergeant around for a chat. We explained that people are doing runners from taxis, its illegal and the Police seemingly do nothing about it. Now we freely admit that its a crime that is a pain in the arse to report as the driver loses more money in time off the road reporting the incident and its easier for us in the office to bump them a few extra jobs until they've made their money back than it is to report the crime. Thing is its an ever growing problem and enough is enough, We know that individual drivers have tried reporting runners to the police and get fobbed off too so we thought we'd ask nicely. Since we started recording the runners, in three months we are up to 1200 different events, thats 1200 crimes, you can see why they won't want us to report them cant you. Thats nearly 5,000 crimes a year for Merseyside Police - that in itself will totally **** up the clear up rate. Its a hugely substantial hit to the statistics. Watch this space....

Has the number of runners dropped since Derrick Bird ? :-)

Saw a cabby one time going after someone with a baseball bat , I did the decent thing and left them to get on with it and got the next cab :-) but it looked like it was running off without paying related as there were a few runners... Rather surreal as whilst the 2 of them were grappling with each other a deer ran through the street , this wasn't the new forest but a busy high street in Woking....

Can't you make people pay up front after 10pm or at least 50/50 ?

Â