Match Thread.

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Looking forward to the GH effect, but not expecting miracles just yet.

Hope it'll be:

Friedel

Young Cuellar Collins Warnock

Downing NRC Petrov Young

Ireland

Gabby

but think it maybe Young instead of Ireland, with Albrighton on the wing. I wouldn't be starting Heskey over Gabby just yet, would b slightly unfair on Gabby if he's fully fit. If Heskey plays well over a few games, then I'd give him a chance.

I think with GH studying Wolves all week he will win a tactical battle with Mick McCarthy as McCarthy won't know what to expect from us. It will be a tight one imo with us edging it 2-1 or 1-0.

I agree we need 3 in the middle of the park and ensure that the animal Karl Henry can't get near us to try and snap some legs.

Looking forward to this.

How about a Citeh formation for the front 6 of:

------------ NRC ---------- Petrov --------------

------------------- Sidwell -----------------------

------- Ireland/Gabby ------- Young -----------

------------------- Heskey -----------------------

A more defensive three so we should win the midfield battle - the same three that dominated Plop last year at Anfield. Also probably narrower than we would normally play with only one winger deployed and he would be encouraged to get inside more and buzz around Emile like he did on Wednesday night. But the defensive three CM'ers would encourage Luke and Warnock to overlap more.

I think this could be a good side to play the likes of Wolves away and come back with points. Also leaves us plenty of attacking options on the bench for the last 30 when the Wolves tire with DJ, Marc, Gab/SI, JC and Bannan in reserve.

I have no idea what to expect today.

Wolves will kick and hustle, we need to match that so NRC is a must for our midfield I believe.

If we have a midfield of Albrighton, Ireland, Petrov, Young and Downing again we're buggered.

Has any one got the official line ups!

This could be a typical scrappy Derby game, Wolves will play it defensively hoping to catch us on the counter, if we do the same then it could be a draw result. If we can get an early goal in the first half it might force Wolves to come out and attack more!

It would be great to see us make some more pro active subs in the second half, the Fonz looked sharp during mid week!

Heres to a Heskey hat trick!!!

Yankee in Madrid, go down to the Villa Park area. I'd watch it at the Holte Pub or the place on the corner in front of the parking lot area of VP.

Don't think you'll have any luck getting into a Broad St pub with the Claret and Blue showing...