Match Thread.

AVFC-Prideofbrum

.........Hmmmm decisions, decisions.

Friedel.

Young Cuellar Collins Warnock. (For me, that's pretty easy)

Downing Petrov Reo-Coker Young.

Heskey Gabby.

/

Petrov Reo-Coker.

Gabby Young Downing

Heskey...

Maybe this is an over-reaction but I think if someone comes on and plays that well (Heskey) then I think you deserve to start.

Bench: Guzan, Dunne, Sidwell, Ireland, Albrighton, Carew, Delfouneso.

Decent bench. :)

Dunne - little injured and just loss of form.

Ireland misses out, think he has a lot of quality but Wolves is going to be a real battle and I just think he's a little low on confidence and maybe not playing as well as he can so should be left out this one, possibly to come on and make an impact later on.

Albrighton, tough game against Wolves, think more experience needed.

Carew, not playing very well at the moment.

I would play:

------------------ Friedel -------------------

Young --- Collins --- Cuellar --- Warnock

------------------- NRC --------------------

----------- SI ------ Downing/Bannan----

--- Gabby/Fonz ------------------ Ash ---

----------------- Heskey ------------------

Subs: Guzan, Dunne/Clark, Beye, Petrov, Downing/Bannan, Gabby/Fonz, Carew

I think Ged hit on a formation that works for the last 30 minutes of last night - 4-3-3 with Heskey at the point and two wider players that are not playing as out and out wingers (but can drift out) and can get close to Heskey with midfield runners also getting in on that act.

I don't normally disagree with you, AVFCPoB, but I am desparate not to see a return to 4-4-2, especially with the flat CM pairing of Stan and NRC. I also don't like Ash starting in that central role and think he is more effective when he plays like the last 30 minutes of last night i.e. out on the left but not as an out and out winger and with a licence to come inside and play off the striker when appropriate. I think that this also makes him harder to pick up.

if last night was anything to go by (assuming Gabby & SI are fit) I think we may see something along the lines of:

-------------- Friedel ----------------

Young - Cuellar - Collins - Warnock

------- Reo-Coker - Petrov ---------

-------------- Ireland ----------------

---- Gabby - Heskey - Young ------

I'd also prefer us not to revert back to 4-4-2. in Ash & Ireland (our best player and our only summer transfer) we have two players who seem to prefer playing in positions that 4-4-2 doesn't cater for.

I think the dingles will tear us a new one to be honest , there coming off two league defeats in games which they led and played well in so i can see us getting the back lash .

I am prediciting us to play like we did in the 60 minutes before Heskey came on which people seem to be forgetting .

Ireland will be picked and put in the centre of midfield where he'll be useless and inafective , Petrov will be back as the great leader he isnt and our midfield will be overrun . Thank feck this match is on tv

I think the dingles will tear us a new one to be honest , there coming off two league defeats in games which they led and played well in so i can see us getting the back lash .

I am prediciting us to play like we did in the 60 minutes before Heskey came on which people seem to be forgetting .

Ireland will be picked and put in the centre of midfield where he'll be useless and inafective , Petrov will be back as the great leader he isnt and our midfield will be overrun . Thank feck this match is on tv

Not a very optimistic picture you present. If MON (or K-Mac for that matter) were here I would defo be agreeing BUT I do think we should be giving Ged a chance. I am hoping that he understands your concerns!

I think we are in for a period of inconsistent results and will probably lose this one
Ever the optimist...

Why exactly do you think we're in for inconsistent results? That was K Mac's problem.

Surprised you didn't pass comment when I said I thought we would beat Blackburn, was that ever the optimist too?

I think we are in for a period of inconsistent results and will probably lose this one
Ever the optimist...

Why exactly do you think we're in for inconsistent results? That was K Mac's problem.

I agree with Richard that we could be in for a period of inconsitent results.

But only because we have a new manager and he may still be getting used to the team.

Even so, I think we will win this game.

I don't think we'll play anyway near as badly as we did in the first 60 minutes of the Blackburn game. Let's be serious here, we were playing Clark/ Lichaj/ Bannan/ Sidwell/ NRC who will probably be replaced by better players; Collins/ L Young/ Petrov/ Downing/ Ireland or Albrighton.

I don't have a clue what team we will play.

..and it's so refreshing to say that!

I'd like to go for a 4-3-3 of:

Friedel

Young Collins Cuellar Warnock

NRC Petrov Downing

Gabby Ireland Ash

Ever the optimist...

I agree with Richard that we could be in for a period of inconsitent results.

But only because we have a new manager and he may still be getting used to the team.

Even so, I think we will win this game.

I don't think we'll play anyway near as badly as we did in the first 60 minutes of the Blackburn game. Let's be serious here, we were playing Clark/ Lichaj/ Bannan/ Sidwell/ NRC who will probably be replaced by better players; Collins/ L Young/ Petrov/ Downing/ Ireland or Albrighton.

I don't have a clue what team we will play.

..and it's so refreshing to say that!

I'd like to go for a 4-3-3 of:

Friedel

Young Collins Cuellar Warnock

NRC Petrov Downing

Gabby Ireland Ash

Surely Gabby up front, Ireland in the hole, Downing on the flank.... :?