• A Young
    • Reo-Coker
    • Bannan
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Delfouneso (for Agbonlahor 31)
    • Heskey (for Carew 58)
    • Davies (for Clark 76)

Well jesus H christ - WHat the feck has gone on with Emile !

I bet Carew went "Shit !".

The most depressing 1st half I think I have witnessed.

This was the best thing for me though, coz at half time, for the first time in a bloody long time, it was obvious the manager knew where it was going wrong, put it right and look what happened.

Obviously Ivanhoe and Young are going to get all the credit - but I want to pay respect to Bannan and Sidwell.

In a dire 1st half, they worked tirelessly - es, not all of it came off, but they still worked. 2nd half, it was coming off and they deserved it.

I couldn't believe it, for the 1st 30 mins, the only person trying on the pitch was Sidwell (look at the shot) , he put one ball wrong and a lot fo the Holte were on his back "F off you ginger c..." - scapegoat !

Good result, and with only us, Man U and Arsenal left of the top 8 - you have gotta fancy our chances again ! - Brentford or Wigan please !

We've won one game - and we're in the fourth round already! :lol: Work that one out!

The first half was utterly dire. We couldn't string more than two forward passes together or get anywhere near the Blackburn goal, let alone create a chance.

At that point I decided it was better to just enjoy the Heineken at half time and not let the Villa ruin my night.

Now, I don't usually get pissed on one pint, but the strangest thing EVER happened in the Second-Half leading me to think I can't handle my lager as much as I think. With my beer goggles obviously already on (I thought) I witnessed Emile Heskey - of all people - rescue us and completely turn the game on its head! :shock:

I was under the impression that smooth, Dutch Heineken was 5% alcohol, not 20%?

And in my drunken amazement Heskey seemed to just get better and better - even playing an inch perfect pass for Ashley Young to tuck away. In fact, I think I even saw Emile try a couple of tricks and/or flicks during his cameo :? Needless to say by this stage I was in a happy delerium - I think I should drink Heineken more often!

Maybe that's what some of our players did at half-time?

Joking aside, well played Emile! Or whoever your body double was :lol:

Brad: Fine but takes ages with his goal kicks.... which annoyed me a bit

Warnock: OK

Cueller: Very solid. Much better as CB

Clark: Very promising

Lachaj: Getting better and better

Bannan: Great on the ball, could do with looking up a bit more, doesn't seem aware of players making space around him

Reo-coker: Nothing special but did well

Sidwell: To be fair, it was his first game in ages. But shocking procession, gave the ball away so much. Doesn't work with Reo-Coker.

Young: Excellent. Clearly a class above the rest of the pitch. Seemed very frustrated before Heskey came on that no one was on his level. Clicked with Heskey instantly.

Carew: did very well but no one helped him at all when he had procession

Gabby: did do much

Fonz: OK, but shouldn't play on the wing

Heskey: Bloody hell, he was brilliant! Worked really well with Young, won the ball, held on to the ball but more importantly played the defence splitting balls that no one else could

Davies: Didn't really notice him

Very good to have a manager who can see when something's going wrong and fix it. Also nice to come out after half-time and not be shit.

Also great to be sitting with God on my Right side, Rambo on the left, & Sid in the middle.

Mantis, where were you, we kept 25,000 seats for you? :lol:

Very good to have a manager who can see when something's going wrong and fix it. Also nice to come out after half-time and not be shit.

Also great to be sitting with God on my Right side, Rambo on the left, & Sid in the middle.

Mantis, where were you, we kept 25,000 seats for you? :lol:

Stop following me :angry:

Sidwell: To be fair, it was his first game in ages. But shocking procession, gave the ball away so much. Doesn't work with Reo-Coker.

Young: Excellent. Clearly a class above the rest of the pitch. Seemed very frustrated before Heskey came on that no one was on his level. Clicked with Heskey instantly.

Going to help you out here; possession.

Going to help you out here; possession.

:lol: you beat me to it!

I basically managed to see the second half due to the issues with streams..

Heskey made a massive, massive impact on the game. I was delighted for him. If Houllier can get him firing for us, he'll have already done a good job.

I actually voted Bannan for MoTM though because I thought he was fantastic in midfield. Always looking for the ball, looking to link up with teammates and unlucky not to score. I think a lot of us hope he's got a future at the club and he certainly did himself no harm with his performance tonight.

Brad: Did okay. I am still not wholly convinced.

Warnock: Better performance IMO. Looked solid and won a lot of headers.

Cueller: Very solid. Our best defender and deserves a run now. Carrying on from his second half performance against Bolton where he was the only one of the three to really get to grips with Davies.

Clark: Very promising

Lachaj: Not really sure about Eric. Good long throw though!

Bannan: Cam into his own second half when the system changed slightly and it seemed to suit him better. He ended up more on the left side than at the point of the three.

Reo-coker: Great to have a bit of energy and bite in CM. Not his best game and what he does do goes unnoticed but he keeps going for 90 minutes and that inspires the team IMO.

Sidwell: Not great but got better in the second half

Young: Excellent. Again, he was better in the second half when he was clearly left side but had the freedom to come in and play of Heskey.

Carew: Not suited to a 4-3-3

Gabby: Looked a little lost when not playing as the point striker. I think he could play this role but needs to learn it.

Fonz: OK, I thought he grew into this role and again could learn it

Heskey: Excellent. At last a manager that realises that Heskey is not a third CM'er and, if you are going to get the best out of him, you need to play him as the main striker and get bodies, like Ash, in and around him.

Davies: Reasonably solid when he came on.

Ged: An interesting first game. I think he has hit on a 4-3-3 formation that works with Emile at the point of it.

Young: Excellent. Again, he was better in the second half when he was clearly left side but had the freedom to come in and play of Heskey.

Not that clearly! To me he spent a lot more of first half on left, in second he went central behind the striker with Bannon on the left!

Â