• Reo-Coker
    • Bannan
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Delfouneso (for Agbonlahor 31)
    • Heskey (for Carew 58)
    • Davies (for Clark 76)

That ball for Ash's 2nd was a beaut. Lovely spot by Heskey

It was my favourite goal but what was nice was Ashley pointed to exactly where he wanted Heskey to put the ball in and he did to perfection.

Methinks Ash is starting to grow into this free role...he looked a class above from what I saw of the stream in the 2nd half, listening to comms on OS.

Bannan & Lichaj did well also. It was a great result considering we made so many changes.

was almost like the opposite of the macdonald performances, terrible start followed by picking up in the 2nd half, glad to see a real difference after HT, fat sams sending them out early backfired too which was great

Heskey was brilliant, pretty much everyone played better when he came on, sidwell had some good touches (and all game some great crunching tackles), bannan popped up everywhere, not sure about the fonz on the wing but he was ok, compare heskeys impact to dioufs, chalk and cheese, diouf was shit

key moment for me was guzans save followed by emerton fluffing his lines, im sure it was still 0-1

and fat sam can say what he likes, ball in the air the lot of them jump into the man under it rather than cleanly winning the ball, bastards

and! their fans steal all our **** songs

Guzan 8- Commanded his area 90% of time, had safe hands and made one fantastic save from Pedersen, couldn't believe he got a hand to it. Very impressed, big improvement.

Lichaj 6- His positioning was poor at times, but he supported well and got better as the game progressed. He does look better every time I see him though.

Cuellar 8- Thought he was a rock, some great tackles and was very composed, him and Clark worked well.

Clark 8- Another impressive game, timed some challenges well and came out of the defence with the ball which was needed.

Warnock 6 Wasn't really troubled imo.

NRC 6 Gave the ball away a bit more then usual, as his passing is usually very safe, but generally defended well.

Sidwell 6 Half the game he wasn't to be seen, but when he was in the game he made some good tackles and was unlucky with an early shot.

Bannan 7 Didn't influence the game much, but when he was on the ball he was superb, his touches and delivery immaculate. Also linked well with Ashley Young. On this showing he deserves much chances when the time is right.

A Young 8 Started well, then disappeared then came to life in the second half and Blackburn couldn't cope with him. Unlucky not to get a hatrick.

Carew 5 Looked totally off the pace.

Gabby 6 Lively while he was on the pitch, we suffered when he went off.

Delfouneso 6 Struggled to get into the game, he was on the touchline near me and we just didn't get the ball to him enough, good assist for Ash's goal though. He DID work hard though on the defensive side.

Heskey 8 Superb. Just what we needed, totally turned around the game making an excellent run for the goal and his assist was fantastic. They just couldn't deal with his physically. Also nice to see the support he got after his goal.

Houllier 7 I think the deep line worked, and we were unlucky to concede as we did. We then had to chase the game and didn't seem to get anywhere. But he made the right sub and within 30 seconds we scored, something we've rarely seen at VP for a while.

First half was utter, utter shite. If Sidwell is a footballer then I'm Al Jolson's undiscovered lovechild.

He wasn't alone in that first half though.

Enter Heskey - and the away fans (all 46 of 'em) singing "Heskey's shit M'Lord", and he promptly scores after a few seconds.

Best I've seen Emile play, and that woke the team up a treat. We won at a canter after that.

Shame about the 18k attendance, club could do no more than put the prices at £10 and £5. Still, it was double what small heath managed.

The first half was probably the worst 45 minutes of football I have seen at VP for years. We just sat back and invited pressure. We created next to nothing and barely troubled Blackburn.

The second half started equally as dourly but the revelation was Heskey who was absolutely outstanding - scored one made one. Suddenly we had a focus for the attacks and we looked threatening. Blackburn brought on Samba to nullify Heskey and I think his lack of mobility actually gave Young more freedom.

I would agree Heskey was the MotM but I actually voted for Bannan. He was a little lost in the first half but was, for me, very very good in the second half. I think we may have a real find in him.

Clark looked his usual composed self and Lichaj is developing very well at full back. I also clocked that he has a very long throw, he was comfortably getting it into the 6 yard box.

A few have mentioned Sidwell, the jury is still out for he with him but I think he put in a shift tonight.

Overall very pleased as I think Houllier got something out of the players tonight which I don't think MON would have done

Heskey MOTM, closely followed by Ash and Bannan. I only saw the 2nd half but it sounds like I didnt miss much before HT.

Emile changed the game when he came on, he was brilliant. Hope he gains confidence from this and we see some similar performances in the league. The results went so well tonight, just hope we can avoid Manure and Arsenal in the next round, or even better knock one of them out.

Enter Heskey - and the away fans (all 46 of 'em) singing "Heskey's shit M'Lord", and he promptly scores after a few seconds.

They did that last year at VP Semi Final - only then it was AFTER he'd scored!!!. Eediots..... So on hearing an opening

"Heskey's shit M'Lord" from the North Stand Upper....the whole of Villa Park stood up and sang back "Heskey's scored M'Lord"....

ha ha .....quality moment sitting in the Doug Ellis stand waving mi flag!

Guzan - 8 - Actually thought he did a really good job and made a great save at 1-0 I think.

Lichaj - 7 - pretty solid.

Cuellar - 8 - thought looked really good with some great tackles.

Clark - 7 - solid enough.

Warnock - 7 - solid.

Reo-Coker - 7 - started slow but always looked pretty comfortable in there and was instrumental in our first goal.

Sidwell - 7 - started again pretty slowly as the team but second half, some great tackles, decent passing and some nice touches.

Bannan - 7 - First half, again, pretty invisible but come into the game second half and did pretty well for himself.

Young - 8.5 - 2 goals and an assist, just what was needed.

Delfouneso - 6.5 - played on the wing, did okay but he isn't a winger.

Carew - 6 - just poor.

Heskey - 9 - well inspiring performance. I suppose should be a 10, he didn't really do anything wrong but to get 10, you need a hat-trick ;)

Houllier 7 I think the deep line worked, and we were unlucky to concede as we did. We then had to chase the game and didn't seem to get anywhere. But he made the right sub and within 30 seconds we scored, something we've rarely seen at VP for a while.

I think it was the opposite. The defense was high up the pitch, leaving the Blackburn players offside. CC showed a lot of leadership out there tonight. His passing from CB is very, very good.

If Guzan doesn't make that huge save at the beginning of the 2nd half...we'd have been 0-2.

I'm only giving one player a rating for this evening.

EMILE HESKEY 11 out of 10.

I take it all back, you are now my new hero. Now I see exactly what it is that Capello, Houllier, MON, Potato Head etc etc have been banging on about all these years.

Never have I been so humbled in all my life.

Heskey, absolute legend, absolute ****** legend my son!

Get in. :cheers: :notworthy: :clap:

If Houllier can get Heskey playing well every week then he's worth a punt on that basis alone.

Honourable mention for Guzan too. I thought he looked a lot more impressive than Blackburn last year when he just couldn't deal with crosses at all. Couple of decent saves too.

Â