So what's your excuse?

lexicon

Think that was the lowest competitive attendance Ive ever seen at VP in my living memory! Im sure thats probably wrong though, but it is disapointing!

The lowest gate in a competitive match that I have attended was against Stoke in 1984. Less than 10,000 there that night!

Shocking!

I'm surprised that this thread knocked out 5 pages. It was kind of inspired by the ones we've had lately about our support being a bit crap but also ones about the stature of the club.

To put it into perspective:

Chelsea got 41k

Liverpool got 22k

We got 18k

Baggies got 10k

Wigan got 7k

So kind of par for the course really?

I was there, but only because a friend who gets free tickets as his wife works at the Villa took me. I am a ST holder.

I still think that there is a lot disappointment in the Milner move. For me he was a big part of our "bright future" that the mercenaries of Citeh have stolen away .... to use as a winger as well!! I don't blame Randy for selling (he had to when Milner wanted to go) and I don't blame Jimmy for wanting to go (earn more money and, probably, win trophies) but it kind of dulls the hopes and resets expectations for many. IMO, two things are killing football at the minute - money via Champions League (creates such a big earnings differential) and wealthy backers AND the Bosman ruling which gives all the power to the player. I would like to see the Premier League seek to replace the CL as the pre-eminent global brand in football and a change in the Bosman ruling such that, if a player runs his contract down, then he can move on but at a market value set by a panel. This is fairer in my mind.

Wasn't aware that an 'excuse' was needed but I'd guess the reason I didn't go was that I didn't want to be sitting next to a fan who would want to lay a guilt trip on someone for not going or want to say they are a bigger fan for going to a match.

Is that good enough?

I'm surprised that this thread knocked out 5 pages. It was kind of inspired by the ones we've had lately about our support being a bit crap but also ones about the stature of the club.

Chelsea got 41k

Liverpool got 22k

We got 18k

Baggies got 10k

Wigan got 7k

Not sure why you added in the Chelsea one :lol:

i went, despite it being my last student night out in shrewsbury before uni tomorrow. listened to redscouse getting knocked out on the way back and was at the bar by quarter to eleven. great laugh watching heskey perform miracles and houllier and the 'wave' incident.

and still in tact is three years without missing a game at home, in all competitions.

It's a long commute from Alabama

Lame :lol:

Honestly though, i could quote a hundred and ten reasons why i should not have gone, habit i guess.

People simply cant afford it, especially when everyone knows it would be a reserve side that takes the field.

Forget ticket prices, its the cost of actually attending together with the ticket. The saved tenner on the ticket goes nowhere.

You can also add public transport as an excuse. Its shite, simple as, and people have got to get their kids to school or go to work the following morning.

Then theres the recession.....and no, its not over. Not for the avarage working man (if lucky still to be working). When you put that against what players are earning, then people are bound to sooner or later, show the two fingered salute. :winkold:

Chelsea got 41k

Liverpool got 22k

We got 18k

Baggies got 10k

Wigan got 7k

Not sure why you added in the Chelsea one :lol:

You have to take stats like these into context. Liverpool for example. No doubt they have a much larger support base than us. But many, if not most of their fans are boycotting games in protest against G&H. That's why they're not selling out games...yet they still have bigger crowds than us.

Â