Next Kit Supplier - Merged

maqroll

Who Do You Want as Next Villa Kit Designer?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want as Next Villa Kit Designer?

• Nike
    • Adidas
    • Puma
    • Reebok
    • Umbro
    • Hummel
    • Le Coq Sportif
    • Fila
    • Diadora
    • Other (Name)
    • Don't Care

I'd like it to be Nike again, I know we had problems this year but I like the kits and generally like Nike as a brand. if we switched to Umbro I probably wouldn't buy it. Strange though as I wouldn't wear anything else made by Nike.

I like this years kit, wasn't keen to begin with but its grown on me so eventually bought it with Pires printed lol I know it was late but surely its better they delay release than give you a shoddy product? Faults can happen with any type of product.

Is Diadora gone out of business? I really liked when they were our kit designer especially the away jerseys between 02-04 were very nice.

Hated Hummel :(

Diadora were the worst kit suppliers ever. Can't you remember the 01/02 home kit when the kit was a horrible shade of purple instead of claret. That 01/02 home kit was the worst kit of all time, and not just because they got the colour wrong, it was also just a crap shirt with cheap material. The grey away kit that season was crap too.

Is Diadora gone out of business? I really liked when they were our kit designer especially the away jerseys between 02-04 were very nice.

Hated Hummel :(

Diadora were the worst kit suppliers ever. Can't you remember the 01/02 home kit when the kit was a horrible shade of purple instead of claret. That 01/02 home kit was the worst kit of all time, and not just because they got the colour wrong, it was also just a crap shirt with cheap material. The grey away kit that season was crap too.

I like the chequered motif, I think it's not particularly chavvy.

Diadora's kits WERE chavvy by a mile. The pink shit, the silver away with green sponsor on it.....AWFUL

If the news of Nike is true then I'm upset. All 4 seasons they have given us amazing kits and good training range too. I hope the club get another deal with them.

If not then Adidas just because its Adidas.

Umbro is too chav for me (although it is partners with Nike now).

Kappa? are you kidding me? They are terrible terrible kits! Terrible training gear too. Tight as hell and I for one would NEVER buy something Kappa let alone my clubs gear and kits.

Nope, Nike all the way for me. There is no contest. I know they messed up this year but eh, our kit is nicer then most teams in the prem so maybe they can pay us back with an amazing new set of kits next year.

Killeen30:- didn't the Gen or someone say something about the away kit being the 3rd one next season?

Our first two Nike kits were fantastic. The best Villa kits in years. Sadly this season with the horrible chequerd designs harked back to all those chavvy kits of the past.

Villa must stay claret shirts with sky blue collar/sleeves. Consistently give us that and Villa fans will be happy.

Fully agree.

The first Nike kit in particular may be viewed as a classic in a few years, synonymous with our breakthrough season too.

This years effort filled me with dread as soon as I viewed it, it looked like the over elaborate Hummel effort of 2005/06 and I had what I thought at the time to be an irrational fear that our season might go the same way.

Though oddly, the checks don't look quite as vile on the away kit. You'd have to go a long way to ruin an all black strip though.

I'd like to see us stick with Nike if we can get back to the standard we initially had, simplicity should be the key. No chevrons, checks or any other bobbins.

I have an 8 yo son who has quite a few replica kits from Villa to England and Real Madrid to Spain and Brazil and the best quality for wear and tear are the Adidas kits are by far the most superior for quality. I have noticed that the nike tend to go all snagged and bobbly.

So Adidas gets my quote.