Match Thread.

AVFC-Prideofbrum

..................GUZAN..................

YOUNG..CUELLAR..CLARK..WARNOCK

..............NRC.......SIDWELL............

YOUNG.......IRELAND.......DOWNING

..............DELFOUNESO..................

wouldn't mind seeing this line up tonight. somehow though i can't see NRC being a big hit under Houllier.

------------------ Guzan --------------------

Young --- Collins --- Cuellar --- Warnock

------------------- NRC ---------------------

Downing ---- SI --------- Bannan ---- Ash

------------------- Gab ---------------------

for me

Me too, boots.

I look for GH to go with a pretty strong side and a pretty attacking side. I think he would like to start with a highly positive, confidence building result. In this case, that means a win is essential. In addition, he has made it clear that he thinks doing well in this cup is a strong impetus for good results all around.

Guzan

L Young Cuellar Collins Warnock

NRC Sidwell

A Young Bannan Downing

Gabby

I'd go with.

Cuellar needs a game, don't feel comfortable playing him with Clark though so I'd go with Collins who is our best defender atm imo.

NRC is the bite we need in midfield, something needed against Blackburn whilst I think Sidwell deserves a chance under a new manager and this is the best time to try him. With Ireland being a doubt I'd also liked Bannan to come in for him, he deserves it after his reserve performance, would also give positive signs to the kids that if they perform they'll get a chance. Wingers are easy to pick as Albrighton needs a rest. Chose Gabby over Carew as he'd again be more suited.

I just hope we win, the paper could have a field day...

With a low crowd expected, they'll probably twist it to say we're not in support. If Friedel isn't playing they'll twist that, same with Carew.

------------------ Guzan --------------------

Young --- Collins --- Cuellar --- Warnock

------------------- NRC ---------------------

Downing ---- SI --------- Bannan ---- Ash

------------------- Gab ---------------------

for me

Would have gone to this tonight but i'm currently in Newquay!

Would like to see the above team given a go, looks solid and attack minded. If SI is out then Petrov come in and Bannan being the more attacking CM.