Match Thread.

AVFC-Prideofbrum

That's a decent side for a competition in which we SHOULD be using the squad. Houllier is testing the squad players, while leaving in the full brunt of our attack. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that ends up a 4-3-3 with Ash and Gab on the attacking wings, with NRC, Sidwell and Bannan as the midfield 3.

I have a feeling Lerner was pushing any new manager / Kev Mac to use the kids at the expense of results.

Oh give it a rest would you.

Decent side IMO.

Give what a rest? It wasn't a complaint. Jesus some people on here are always moaning and having a go.

I reckon GH could've fielded our absolute best 11 minus say, Warnock, and people would still complain that we're fielding a weak team.

Yep, and MON was slaughtered for fielding the same 11 every time and keeping expensive fringe players on the bench.

The Villa manager position is a tough one. Hope Houllier doesn't care what the fans think.

A sign of things to come with the formation I suspect.

Guzan + Blackburn = Worrying.

4-4-2 with Ash on the wing? Think this will be our regular formation for the league?

I'm glad Ash is back on the wing. Carew & Gabby are good together up front

VILLA LINE-UP: Guzan; Lichaj, Clark, Cuellar, Warnock; A Young, Reo-Coker, Sidwell, Bannan; Carew, Agbonlahor. Subs: Friedel, Delfouneso, Davies, Salifou, Beye, Osbourne, Heskey.

so that is:

------------Guzan--------------

Lichaj - Clark - Cuellar - Warnock

Bannan - Sidwell - NRC - Young

---------Carew - Agbonlahor--------

A sign of things to come with the formation I suspect.

Guzan + Blackburn = Worrying.

4-4-2 with Ash on the wing? Think this will be our regular formation for the league?

I'm glad Ash is back on the wing. Carew & Gabby are good together up front

Thought it was 4-5-1